Elohim is Not Partial. Who does he Accept?

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,094,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Ac 10:34
Now Peter, opening his mouth, said, "Of a truth I am grasping that God is not partial,

(CLV) Ac 10:35
but in every nation he who is fearing Him and acting righteously is acceptable to Him.

What is righteous?

Definition of righteous

1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

YHWH accepts those who fear him, and obey his Torah.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dkh587

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,094,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Mt 5:20
For I am saying to you that, if ever your righteousness should not be superabounding more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, by no means may you be entering into the kingdom of the heavens.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I will bite. In Acts chapter 15 Peter spoke to the leaders assembled stating that the yoke of the law was too much for the people of God to bear can we put this yoke on others. The answer was no, however we will instruct them to avoid certain unrighteous acts but will not place a yoke of the law on those whom are free in Christ.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,094,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ok, I will bite. In Acts chapter 15 Peter spoke to the leaders assembled stating that the yoke of the law was too much for the people of God to bear can we put this yoke on others. The answer was no, however we will instruct them to avoid certain unrighteous acts but will not place a yoke of the law on those whom are free in Christ.

The yoke that was being placed on them, was not the yoke of the law. This is not what scripture says. Those are your words.

The debate at the Council of Jerusalem was between those who claimed that one must be circumcised to be saved, and those who claimed that one must be circumcised to keep the law.

James decided the matter in favor of those who claimed that one must be circumcised to keep the law. Peter was in agreement with James; so obviously this yoke wasn't about keeping the law. Abraham himself kept the law; as it is written.

(CLV) Gn 15:6
Now Abram believed on Elohim, and He reckoned it to him for righteousness

(CLV) Gn 26:5
inasmuch as your father Abraham hearkened to My voice and kept My charge, My instructions, My statutes and My laws.

Here is what James says concerning this subject.

(CLV) Ja 2:22
You are observing that faith worked together with his works, and by works was faith perfected.

(CLV) Ja 2:23
And fulfilled was the scripture which is saying, Now "Abraham believes God, and it is reckoned to him for righteousness," and he was called "the friend of God."

(CLV) Ja 2:24
You see that by works a man is being justified, and not by faith only.

(CLV) Ja 2:14
What is the benefit, my brethren, if anyone should be saying he has faith, yet may have no works? That faith can not save him.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Clarify the yoke and it turns out to be the "laws" of the Pharisee and not the law of God. You can not classify the laws of God as a yoke. They are a blessing.

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Clarify the yoke and it turns out to be the "laws" of the Pharisee and not the law of God. You can not classify the laws of God as a yoke. They are a blessing.

I believe the reference in this passage is to circumcision specifically which is not the law of the Pharisee. While a Pharisee did speak regarding the circumcision he also referred specifically to the law of Moses which would, if I am correct, refer to the Levitcal law as prescribed by God to Moses but not necessarily to the others. The Pharisee was perhaps being careful to stay within that law which was prescribed by God. Nevertheless after Peter spoke those in attendance decided the gentiles would not be subject to the laws of God. So they sent out those with a message with a very limited command given the entirety of the law of Moses. Or perhaps I have been misinformed as to what the law of Moses as given by God is comprised of. Which is possible.

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The weightier matters of the torah(law) are the tempered iron of governing from The Holy One.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟119,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The debate at the Council of Jerusalem was between those who claimed that one must be circumcised to be saved, and those who claimed that one must be circumcised to keep the law.
Acts 15:5-10 (CLV)
5 Yet some from the sect of the Pharisees who have believed rise up, saying that they must be circumcised, *besides charging them to keep the law of Moses."
6 Now the apostles and the elders were gathered to see about this matter.
7 Now, there coming to be much questioning, rising, Peter said to them, "Men! Brethren! You are versed in the fact that from the days at the beginning God chooses among you, that through my mouth the nations are to hear the word of the evangel and believe."
8 And God, the Knower of hearts, testifies to them, giving the holy spirit according as to us also,
9 and in nothing discriminates between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith."
10 Why, then, are you now trying God, by *placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we are strong enough to bear?​
Circumcision happened shortly after birth (8 days) so circumcision couldn't have been a yoke when Peter says, "neither our fathers nor we are strong enough to bear." Peter must be referring to other laws such as dietary laws and not the law of circumcision.

Paul reprimanded Peter for being a hypocrite for not wanting to be seen by his circumcised Messianic Jews eating with uncircumcised Messianic gentile converts ...
The yoke that was being placed on them,
was not the yoke of the law.
Galatians 2:11-16 (CLV)
11 Now when Cephas came to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, for he was self-censured."
12 For, before the coming of some from James, he ate together with those of the nations. Yet when they came, he shrank back, and severed himself, fearing those of the Circumcision."
13 And the rest of the Jews also play the hypocrite with him, so that Barnabas also was led away with their hypocrisy."
14 But when I perceived that they are not correct in their attitude toward the truth of the evangel, I said to Cephas in front of all, "If you, being inherently a Jew, are living as the nations, and not as the Jews, how are you compelling the nations to be judaizing?
15 We, who by nature are Jews, and not sinners of the nations,
16 having perceived that a man is not being justified by works of law, except alone through the faith of Christ Jesus, we also believe in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by the faith of Christ and not by works of law, seeing that by works of law shall no flesh at all be justified."​
Circumcision was probably the easiest law to follow ... so what commands, laws, statutes is Peter referring to when he says, "placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we are strong enough to bear?"

What is the "yoke on the neck of the disciples" to which Peter is referring? It certainly can't be circumcision as that was no yoke that the fathers weren't able to bear. Peter is implying that even the Messianic circumcised Jewish followers/disciples of Messiah Yahshua weren't able to bear that yoke ...

James 2:10 (CLV)
*For anyone who should be keeping the whole law, yet should be tripping in one thing, has become liable for all."​

What "laws" do you think Peter is referring to when he says, "a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we are strong enough to bear?"

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,094,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Circumcision happened shortly after birth (8 days) so circumcision couldn't have been a yoke when Peter says, "neither our fathers nor we are strong enough to bear." Peter must be referring to other laws such as dietary laws and not the law of circumcision.

An Important point to consider, is that these men, who had not yet fully converted, had not been circumcised on the eighth day; but the Jerusalem Council was about circumcision. So which fathers is Peter speaking of?

Abraham was the first circumcision we have recorded as a sign of the covenant with YHWH; but when did Abraham show this sign? He was 99 years old, long after he came to trust YHWH.

This is Torah! This is not the traditions of men.

Abraham came to believe and trust in YHWH, BEFORE he showed the sign.

These men were putting the cart before the horse. Circumcision counts for nothing if we don't believe.

In the same respect Baptism means nothing, if we don't first come to belief.

These men were speaking against Torah. The Torah goes deeper than the 613.

For example, where in the 613, can we find a direct prohibition against drunkenness? In fact, drunkards will not inherit the kingdom.

We are to study Torah. It goes deeper than our hearts.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah and sometimes the scale has the Pharisee finger on the wrong side.
To lift a burden with proper action.

Parable of the samaritan comes to mind.
And in propriety I see ole Sh'aul offering not only himself but the best of his flock to provide for those in need after his eyes were opened.
A living sacrifice in true humility.

Blessings Always

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe the reference in this passage is to circumcision specifically which is not the law of the Pharisee. While a Pharisee did speak regarding the circumcision he also referred specifically to the law of Moses which would, if I am correct, refer to the Levitcal law as prescribed by God to Moses but not necessarily to the others. The Pharisee was perhaps being careful to stay within that law which was prescribed by God. Nevertheless after Peter spoke those in attendance decided the gentiles would not be subject to the laws of God. So they sent out those with a message with a very limited command given the entirety of the law of Moses. Or perhaps I have been misinformed as to what the law of Moses as given by God is comprised of. Which is possible.

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
The 4 rules of abstinence is found in Torah.
And encompassed with the teaching to abstain from an appearance of evil.
A fence according to certain schools of thought. Also known as a guarded heart by the wild olives.

Blessings Always

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums