Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Warren is superb but the idea of her running worries me. She gives off a strong east coast ivory tower liberal vibe, and can appear very school marm-ish, which in the current climate is not a great political draw. Need someone who can talk to the working class in their own language this time, which means Sanders.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Attachments

• Cthuhlu.png
    Cthuhlu.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Friendly
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What major policies will a moderate differ with Donald Trump? Because we can't run on Trump's behavior. That's a losing strategy because everybody knows exactly who and what he is.

They do now. During the campaign, though, there were people selling the idea that he'd grow into the job and become presidential. That obviously hasn't happened, and his popularity has dropped significantly since took office. Not sure why "I'll restore the dignity to the office" isn't a bad platform to grab swing votes.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If HRC was in bed with Wallstreet and bankers what does that say for Warren when she gave Hillary her full endorsement?
That Warren, like the majority of US voters, thought Clinton was a better choice than Donnie.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Warren is superb but the idea of her running worries me. She gives off a strong east coast ivory tower liberal vibe

That should attract GOP voters - they voted overwhelming for an liberal (until recently) east coast elitist real estate tycoon.

All she needs is a b-rate reality TV to lock them in.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If I blindfolded myself, spun in a circle, then pointed at some spot in my house, whatever inanimate object I pointed at would be a better President than Trump.

I think President Playstation 4 really knows how to help the American people.

I'm leaning towards voting for President Lead Paint Chip.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Elizabeth Warren announces 2020 run for president against Trump

...let's take bets, how long before the right-wing conspiracy mill starts running and releasing nonsensical "globalist elite" theories about her? (Or claiming she's having people killed?)
Joe Bidden for President, we don't need another political hack mucking up the process. I appreciate her service but doubt seriously she has a viable chance, another party sweetheart is all we need. She'll make a run and raise a lot of money but if Bidden runs the primaries will be a slam dunk. I would just love to see Bidden humiliate Trump in the debates and the election wouldn't even be close.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad Trump did not conform to the establishment. Like him or not, at least he's not a sell out. His supporters value him for that. People voted for Trump, and Trump was what we got. And I like how Trump is transparent unlike the Obama administration.

Trump is kind of what happens when you feed a populace a series of fiction movies about ultra-mavericks getting into the position of power and speaking unvarnished truth.

Only problem is Trump doesn't seem capable of speaking "truth" in any form.

But he IS a maverick. Kind of like deciding that your company was being run too boringly so you decide to hire a zoo orangutan to be the CEO and then you work overtime to figure out what the orangutan wants done and you do exactly that.

Elizabeth Warren sold out to the establishment by endorsing Hillary Clinton. Bernie Sanders was the same.

Ummm, every politician endorses people for political advantage. Look at Ted Cruz licking Trump's boots after he had previously acted all "manly" by telling Trump to lay off attacking his wife. LOL. Like Cruz was a man or something!

Elizabeth Warren endorsed Hillary when it was clear Hillary was going to be the party candidate. Trump endorsed his favorite southern judge Roy Moore. I guess we are to draw a conclusion that Trump has some stuff in common with Judge Roy? Ewwwwwww......I mean....ewwwww.

I don't think we need THAT kind of "maverick" in the White House. Ewwwww.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
89% approval rating from GOP voters says he's pretty mainstream Republican.
Or, perhaps the GOP establishment is out of touch with their constituents.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Joe Bidden for President, we don't need another political hack mucking up the process. I appreciate her service but doubt seriously she has a viable chance, another party sweetheart is all we need. She'll make a run and raise a lot of money but if Bidden runs the primaries will be a slam dunk. I would just love to see Bidden humiliate Trump in the debates and the election wouldn't even be close.

That's actually not a bad idea...

Biden also may get a little support from some more moderate republicans who were disgusted by his mistreatment of McCain, given that Biden and McCain were buddies.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Biden also may get a little support from some more moderate republicans who were disgusted by his mistreatment of McCain, given that Biden and McCain were buddies.

I'd vote for Biden, but I'd rather have someone younger.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd vote for Biden, but I'd rather have someone younger.

Whoever it is, it needs to be someone who can be assertive (and sometimes, aggressive) on the debate stage who will stand up to Trump when he starts all of that annoying "Wrong"/"You'd be in jail" interruption nonsense. Someone who can hold his feet to the fire.

Biden would certainly fit that mold.

Of course, it it was him, the GOP strategy against him would be pretty predictable...it'd be a "smear by association" strategy with regards to his relationship to Obama.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whoever it is, it needs to be someone who can be assertive (and sometimes, aggressive) on the debate stage who will stand up to Trump when he starts all of that annoying "Wrong"/"You'd be in jail" interruption nonsense. Someone who can hold his feet to the fire.

Biden would certainly fit that mold.

Of course, it it was him, the GOP strategy against him would be pretty predictable...it's be a "smear by association" strategy with regards to his relationship to Obama.

Oh, heck, there's no avoiding that. They're already saying Beto O'Rourke is just a "copy of Obama."

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, heck, there's no avoiding that. They're already saying Beto O'Rourke is just a "copy of Obama."
If Bidden doesn't run he is the obvious choice. I don't mind calling him a copy of Obama, that's a pretty good endorsement in my book. The base would eat it up and it would drive the alt-right bonkers.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I’m not against Biden, but it seems we don’t need a single republican vote to win in 2020, we jyst need the votes Hillary got (dems) and a few independents, and NEW voters who have dem values. I think the youth vote could be huge, they voted in record numbers in the midterm. So IMO we need a candidate who will appeal to young people and women, who are naturally disgusted with Trump.

• Informative
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I promise to support Elizabeth Warren as much as she supported Bernie Sanders. She's just another variation of Trump-illary.

Upvote 0