LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I seem to recall that. And thankfully there is still some opposition from repubs. A historic amount, i’d say. Yet his base seems totally solid despite the warnings of so many Republican scholars and military leaders, even former presidents.
I'm glad Trump did not conform to the establishment. Like him or not, at least he's not a sell out. His supporters value him for that. People voted for Trump, and Trump was what we got. And I like how Trump is transparent unlike the Obama administration. Elizabeth Warren sold out to the establishment by endorsing Hillary Clinton. Bernie Sanders was the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad Trump did not conform to the establishment. Like him or not, at least he's not a sell out. His supporters value him for that. People voted for Trump, and Trump was what we got. And I like how Trump is transparent unlike the Obama administration. Elizabeth Warren sold out to the establishment by endorsing Hillary Clinton. Bernie Sanders was the same.
Trump is worse than a sell out. He is a grifter.
Grifter or Grafter? A New Parlor Game That Explains Trumpworld.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand , but still racially undertone.
And the "Murica " was not funny .
Actually quite lame.

America is what it is. Obama got hit from both directions for standing in the middle of the road on race relations. A woman who tries to be a centrist going to suffer the same fate. I've said before that right now, Boomers are still fighting the culture wars of the 60s and 70s--and yes, those wars are from those years because largely Millennials ain't fighting them. At least, they're not really fighting each other over them, they're just caught up in their parents' war.

Right now, Boomers still control industry, media, and politics. The country runs on policies and laws that Boomers wrote, and the country still abides by the inherent prejudices within them.

For most of my life, I have thought we Boomers had been the transitional generation, that even though we had been born in racial apartheid and gender oppression, we'd overcome it. In the last ten years I've been proven wrong--we haven't departed from our upbringing. So we Boomers are going to fight these wars until we are dead.

Eventually, after we Boomers are dead and our influence diminishes, Millennials will clean up the laws and corporate policies as well. If they don't, the Zeds will.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't he basically a white version of Obama?

Well, heck, then, Robert Kennedy was basically a white version of Obama.

And Hubert Humphrey was basically a white version of Obama.

And John Kerry and Bob Kerry are both basically white versions of Obama.

Whenever his zipper was up, Bill Clinton was the white version of Obama.

And Diane Feinstein is the female white version of Obama.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, heck, then, Robert Kennedy was basically a white version of Obama.

And Hubert Humphrey was basically a white version of Obama.

And John Kerry and Bob Kerry are both basically white versions of Obama.

Whenever his zipper was up, Bill Clinton was the white version of Obama.

And Diane Feinstein is the female white version of Obama.
Can I play? And Kanye West was a Black version of Donald Trump and ... never mind. You win.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you of the impression that America is better of now than it was 2 years ago? Sure some employment numbers are up, but that's about it. Certainly for the voters themselves most of them didn't get what they were promised.

Trump's tax breaks benefited only a small section of ultra-wealthy people. Trump's trade wars seems to be negatively impacting Americans. Several businesses have continued to offshore just as they planned to. The corporate tax breaks Trump offered went to record setting stock buy-backs which only serve to help the executives and traders mostly (a synthetic value increase for the company) and virtually no real new development which would have helped the working class.

Trump has been mired in scandal after scandal all of his own making. Like I said earlier: ever single negative point Trump raised about Hillary he and his team are undertaking with gusto themselves.

And how is it "rational" to vote based on personality when the data indicate that that vote will result in a bad result?

Sorry to be harsh on this, but that sounds irrational to me. I'm guilty of it myself. Sure, all people are. But that doesn't mean it is inherently rational to do so.

Are you saying that there is no way to assess "strategy" in any setting? Really? That sounds really weird. Do you then think that chess players are just rolling the dice and randomly moving?

Well, I have been watching politics rather closely for the last 40 or so years.

You mean they erred in choosing a Yale law graduate, seasoned, qualified, experienced politician with decades of government and legal experience?

I agree she was not the PERFECT candidate. But again how is it rational to vote for the most unqualified lying racist imaginable just because Hillary was kinda unpleasant?

I think I'm seeing the problem here. You want me to make my arguments and yours too. I'm sorry, I don't have that much time or interest.

Oh, I totally agree! It is very offputting. Doesn't change the facts of the matter, but it is very offputting. One gets more flies with honey than vinegar.

I just don't see the point in that end of the discussion here. I'm merely attempting to dispassionately point out the flaws in the opposite position.

Oh good! You've raised coal! A topic I know a wee bit about. Those jobs disappeared a long time ago because of AUTOMATION and very little to do with anything Obama or Hillary said or did. The coal jobs started to disappear back in the late 70's!

The rust belt became what it is NOT because Dems were so elitist...it became the rust belt because the executives who ran the companies realized they could exploit cheap labor and human resources overseas and still maintain their own paychecks if they got rid of those expensive Americans.

Those are the people that Trump just gave a bunch of tax breaks to. Just to be clear.

[qutoe]
It was more than unpleasantness that pushed them to the other side.

Great post.

And there’s also this:

A new study reveals the real reason Obama voters switched to Trump

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well. some apparently lack a sense of humor. That's their problem.
Muricans are really funny. Many people laugh at Muricans. You’d be surprised at the people laughing at Muricans. There are more people laughing about Muricans than under that Black guy... he’s only half Black you know ... who is really half White. Why does anybody wannabe half White? Why does Pocohantas wannabe a Redskin? They didn’t even make the playoffs! Losers!

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But most of his cabinet and appointments have come from the “establishment.” Hasn’t he always been for sale to whomever would get him power? He switched from Hillary supporter to “lock her up,” and from non religious to friend of evangelicals. And he just dropped his healthcare promises and had no plan to make Mexico pay for the wall. He seems to not have been committed at all to those two things, since he didn’t have any kind of plan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Muricans are really funny. Many people laugh at Muricans. You’d be surprised at the people laughing at Muricans. There are more people laughing about Muricans than under that Black guy... he’s only half Black you know ... who is really half White. Why does anybody wannabe half White? Why does Pocohantas wannabe a Redskin? They didn’t even make the playoffs! Losers!

double_down_kfc.top.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status