ELIJAH CUMMINGS SAYS DONALD TRUMP INVOLVED IN 'UNPRECEDENTED LEVEL OF STONEWALLING, DELAY AND OBSTRU

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
full title:
ELIJAH CUMMINGS SAYS DONALD TRUMP INVOLVED IN 'UNPRECEDENTED LEVEL OF STONEWALLING, DELAY AND OBSTRUCTION' IN HOUSE INVESTIGATIONS

Elijah Cummings accuses Trump administration of "unprecedented level of stonewalling, delay and obstruction"
Elijah Cummings, chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, accused the Trump administration of engaging in "an unprecedented level of stonewalling, delay and

In a Washington Post opinion piece on Tuesday, the Maryland Democrat outlined the manyobstruction." ways the White House has so far refused to cooperate with repeated requests from the committee.

"I have sent 12 letters to the White House on a half-dozen topics—some routine and some relating to our core national security interests," Cummings wrote. "In response, the White House has refused to hand over any documents or produce any witnesses for interviews.

"Let me underscore that point: The White House has not turned over a single piece of paper to our committee or made a single official available for testimony during the 116th Congress," Cummings said.

While President Donald Trump has accused Democrats and their committees of "presidential harassment," Cummings maintained that "this has nothing to do with presidential harassment and everything to do with unprecedented obstruction."
tulc(will be watching this) :wave:

• Informative
Reactions: FreeinChrist

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I don’t know. How many hard drives and telephones has he physically destroyed?

No someone else has him beat by the factor of 12.
...you have proof president Trump has destroyed hard drives and telephones? Because I'm pretty sure people would like to see evidence of that. Of course if you're trying to steer the conversation away from the OP I'd suggest you start a thread about who ever you want to talk about instead. :wave:
tulc(is always amazed at how few of President Trumps supporters want to talk about President Trump in the threads about President Trump...) :scratch:

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mornin' tulc,

I also liked what Senator Johnny Isakson of Georgia said concerning President Trump and his repeated attacks on the late Senator John McCain.

Sen. Johnny Isakson said President Donald Trump's criticism of the late Sen. John McCain is "deplorable," and the Georgia Republican promised to continue speaking out against Trump if he continues to speak ill of the deceased war hero and former GOP presidential nominee.

"It's deplorable what he said," Isakson told Georgia Public Broadcasting on Wednesday afternoon when asked about a series of critical comments Trump has made about McCain. "That's what I said on the floor of the Senate seven months ago. It will be deplorable seven months from now if he says it again and I will continue to speak out."
Isakson continued "There aren't Democratic causalities and Republican casualties on the battlefield, there are American casualties. And we should never reduce the service that people give to this country including the offering of their own lives to any political fodder in Washington, DC, or anywhere else for that matter." (CNN)

I've said it before and I'll say it repeatedly, Donald Trump is not a nice person. For me, it has very little to do with his policies. He just is not the type of person that I can look up to as a leader and representative of the nation that I am a part of.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
tulc(is always amazed at how few of President Trumps supporters want to talk about President Trump in the threads about President Trump...) :scratch:

Yabut's syndrome:
"Yabut...Yabut...Yabut..."

Sometimes called "whataboutism."

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"There aren't Democratic causalities and Republican casualties on the battlefield, there are American casualties. And we should never reduce the service that people give to this country including the offering of their own lives to any political fodder in Washington, DC, or anywhere else for that matter."

Every American who stepped up when his country called on him, is detestable to Donald Trump; every one of them reminds him that Daddy paid some doc to write him an excuse for "bone spurs."

I notice that people are now calling him out on it:

Kerrey — a former Navy SEAL officer and Medal of Honor recipient who lost part of his right leg in 1969 and served in the senate from 1989 too 2001 — demanded Trump present X-rays of his feet during an appearance on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 on Wednesday in response to Trump's recent comments regarding the late Sen. John McCain.

"While John McCain was flying combat operations in Vietnam, you were, I think, falsifying that you had bone spurs in order not to go to Vietnam," Kerrey said. "Now, I know lots of people who avoided the draft, but this isn't what he's saying. He said 'I physically couldn't go.' Well, Mr. President, get your feet X-rayed and let's see those bone spurs. I don't think he has them."
'Let's see those X-rays' — Vietnam vet ex-senator challenges Trump to prove bone spurs kept him out of the military

To summarize, Trump has attacked the President who ordered the bin Laden operation, taken away the security clearance of the [White House] official ([John] Brennan) who helped orchestrate it, and now disparaged the commander and troops who got the job done.”
Why Trump's absurd claims about a revered Navy admiral matter

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
From the report:
Pointing to press reports that chide Chairman Issa for deliberately exaggerating the truth about the terror attacks in Benghazi, Libya in which four Americans died, including the Ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens, calling it a likely cover up by the Obama administration, Cummings said Issa’s “reckless claims” were embarrassing to fellow members of congress and smacked of
McCarthyism.
“Today’s committee action reveals what we knew all along. Partisan politics and the weaponization of government against opponents of this administration is real and continues,”

In this case, at least, it got better. Issa's constituents, fed up with Issa's "McCarthyism", elected a democrat in 2018.

The "report" you linked is dated April 2014; a solidly republican House didn't find it worth investigating, so...

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the report:
Pointing to press reports that chide Chairman Issa for deliberately exaggerating the truth about the terror attacks in Benghazi, Libya in which four Americans died, including the Ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens, calling it a likely cover up by the Obama administration, Cummings said Issa’s “reckless claims” were embarrassing to fellow members of congress and smacked of
McCarthyism.
“Today’s committee action reveals what we knew all along. Partisan politics and the weaponization of government against opponents of this administration is real and continues,”

In this case, at least, it got better. Issa's constituents, fed up with Issa's "McCarthyism", elected a democrat in 2018.

The "report" you linked is dated April 2014; a solidly republican House didn't find it worth investigating, so...

So what you're trying to say is these words don't really mean what they actually mean, right? (Even though blocked and stonewalled are synonyms of each other). :doh:

In a media release entitled “No More Lies, Mr. Cummings,” True the Vote, an organization at the epicenter of the IRS targeting scandal, TTV said, “Today’s committee action reveals what we knew all along. Partisan politics and the weaponization of government against opponents of this administration is real and continues,” Engelbrecht said. “Elijah Cummings has blocked the IRS abuse investigation all along. We now see clearly that two branches of government have colluded to target and silence private citizens.”

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:
From the report:
McCarthyism.

So what you're trying to say is these words don't really mean what they actually mean, right?

I'm pointing out that they do mean what they mean. Turns out Darryl Issa's seat flipped to a democrat because of what your site calls Issa's "McCarthyite" tactics. And yes, your voter suppression group accused Cummings of illegal behavior, but there wasn't enough evidence to interest even a highly-partisan republican House. So it's understandable why that issue died back in 2014.

In a media release entitled “No More Lies, Mr. Cummings,” True the Vote, an...

...organization with a history of shady dealing and misrepresentation...

At the time of True the Vote's "poll watching" activities in Harris County, Texas during the November 2010 elections the organization was described as a "project" of the Houston-based Tea Party group the King Street Patriots. As a result of a 2010 lawsuit filed against the King Street Patriots by the state Democratic Party, a Texas judge ruled that the organization was an unregistered PAC rather than the nonprofit corporation that it claimed, and that it unlawfully provided in-kind donations to the state Republican Party. [39] The judge's ruling was based in part on True the Vote's voter intimidation practices and the parent organization's close ties to the state Republican Party.

In fact, in 2012, True the Vote contributed $5000 to the Republican State Leadership Committee.[4] This overtly political statement would legally, according to tax lawyers specializing in election law, disqualify a nonprofit from 501(c)3 tax-exempt status. [40] Additionally, the coordinator of Code Red USA has identified True the Vote as a partner in the nation-wide effort to flood the polling places with conservative observers. [7] In 2012, Democratic House Representative, Elijah E. Cummings, sent a letter to Catherine Engelbrecht requesting information about the data used by True the Vote to challenge voter registrations, the training provided to volunteers, and the method of choosing voter jurisdictions to monitor. [1] This request was made to investigate serious allegations of True the Vote's political agenda and possible criminal conspiracy to deny legitimate voters their constitutional rights.
True the Vote - SourceWatch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm pointing out that they do mean what they mean. Turns out Darryl Issa's seat flipped to a democrat because of what your site calls Issa's "McCarthyite" tactics. And yes, your voter suppression group accused Cummings of illegal behavior, but there wasn't enough evidence to interest even a highly-partisan republican House. So it's understandable why that issue died back in 2014.

And yet Trump is being investigated when there isn't any real evidence, go figure. And he's being accused of stonewalling even though he's turned over 1M+ documents. Too bad the never Trumpers can't get their stories straight without being hypocritical about it.

BTW superfluous information adds nothing to the point you're trying to make. :idea:

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And yet Trump is being investigated when there isn't any real evidence,

Things like a campaign staffer getting drunk and blabbing about collusion is considered evidence, as is the meeting of top Trump campaign staff in Trump tower with agents of the Russian government to "get dirt on Hillary Clinton", and so on. Go figure.

And he's being accused of stonewalling even though he's turned over 1M+ documents.

If one doesn't turn over the ones requested, it's considered stonewalling.

Too bad the Trump supporters can't get their stories straight without being hypocritical about it.

BTW superfluous information adds nothing to the point you're trying to make.

I notice that the only organization making accusations against Cummings is on that is noted to have worked against blacks voting, and has been caught in various ethical lapses. That is relevant to the fact that they made the apparently unsupported charges.

Upvote 0