Paris
✟33,345.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a suspicion that I cannot have caffeine. I felt like I was going to die when I had coffee several months ago my heart was racing and my hands felt numb. I did used to go over board with coffee, I love love love coffee I was an addict ( I’m french what can I say ). I have been off coffee since September, and I noticed that I can’t even have soda with caffeine. Today I had some dark chocolate and my heart started racing when I was laying down it went to 104 bpm I got super scared which made my pulse worse then my chest got sore a little. Then after an hour it went away now it’s 84 bpm. I’m a hypochondriac so whenever something is wrong I get freaked out and google it. When I work out I feel fine and my heart beat is like normal. I don’t think I have a heart problem I think it’s because of the caffeine, have any of you had reactions to small amounts of caffeine where your heart races? I’d appreciate any feedback, Lord bless guys

• Friendly
Reactions: USincognito

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a suspicion that I cannot have caffeine. I felt like I was going to die when I had coffee several months ago my heart was racing and my hands felt numb. I did used to go over board with coffee, I love love love coffee I was an addict ( I’m french what can I say ). I have been off coffee since September, and I noticed that I can’t even have soda with caffeine. Today I had some dark chocolate and my heart started racing when I was laying down it went to 104 bpm I got super scared which made my pulse worse then my chest got sore a little. Then after an hour it went away now it’s 84 bpm. I’m a hypochondriac so whenever something is wrong I get freaked out and google it. When I work out I feel fine and my heart beat is like normal. I don’t think I have a heart problem I think it’s because of the caffeine, have any of you had reactions to small amounts of caffeine where your heart races? I’d appreciate any feedback, Lord bless guys

I'm not sensitive to caffeine at all, but far more sensitive to dark chocolate. I start shaking like a leaf after more than one candy bar. I've switched to White chocolate almost exclusively. White KitKat's in particular.

Upvote 0

Annalafrenchy7

Dec 27, 2018
Paris
✟33,345.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sensitive to caffeine at all, but far more sensitive to dark chocolate. I start shaking like a leaf after more than one candy bar. I've switched to White chocolate almost exclusively. White KitKat's in particular.
Oh thank u so much! That makes me feel better. Oh kit kats those r bomb!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh thank u so much! That makes me feel better. Oh kit kats those r bomb!
I also remain drinking full strength gourmet ground coffee and enjoy
my entire 1/3 cup first thing in the morning with a bit of cream.

I used to fill a thermos, but after monitoring my blood pressure
have changed my routine to 1/3 cup.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Gave up caffeine for the same reason. I have problems with anxiety as well which manifest themselves as physical symptoms, so a fast pulse only feeds in to that and makes it worse.

Funnily enough I just ordered some caffeine-free tea with fruit. I miss having hot drinks.

Upvote 0

Annalafrenchy7

Dec 27, 2018
Paris
✟33,345.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gave up caffeine for the same reason. I have problems with anxiety as well which manifest themselves as physical symptoms, so a fast pulse only feeds in to that and makes it worse.

Funnily enough I just ordered some caffeine-free tea with fruit. I miss having hot drinks.
Oh yea we r in the same boat, I miss hot drinks as well! Please let me know how it tastes.

Upvote 0

Annalafrenchy7

Dec 27, 2018
Paris
✟33,345.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have mild hypertension and periodic tachycardia. Cut out nicotine and caffine over the course of 2017. I can still drink a cola and a glass of iced tea, but I try and limit it.
Aw I’m sorry to hear about you conditions, that’s good that you cut out caffeine.

• Friendly
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums