Is It Wrong to Feel electric-tingling of the Holy Spirit?

Mordinsky

Sep 15, 2015
✟7,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 6:8
The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

So, something happened to me about 7 months ago and I've been trying to find out if anyone else had ever had this experience. I've seen a few others describe tingles, and then others criticize them for having emotions or goosebumps. This was not goosebumps people. I wanted to share my story with someone because I finally found a group of some individuals who have supposedly felt the same thing I did. I was actually driving to work one day and it was a very tough time in my life (I don't want to go into how bad it was, but it involved legal problems). Anyway, I had begun to read my Bible ferociously, every day, and was praying a lot. One day I just started praying for a friend's son who had cancer, then all the sick people I could think of, then all the sick people in the world. I got a little carried away with the intent of my prayer, overwhelmed you might say, and started to cry. All of the sudden I felt this crazy tingling begin. It started at the top of my head and proceeded downwards. It absolutely freaked me out, but in a good way. It was like an electro-magnetic-euphoric feeling really. It felt like the cells in my body (but it was bigger than that) or something astounding was revolving like a particle-beam masssage inside me. Again I was driving my car and I was like, I hope I don't pass out or crash, but I was totally in control. It was a very good feeling, but also incredibly intense. Something I had never felt before or since. It was absolutely inexplicable. It continued down my spine and radiated from the inside outward -- this steady stream of rolling bliss. It was like tingley-bubblely-electric all at the same time and just kept going all the way down my legs to my toes. I was like, "What just happened to me!!!" I've asked all kinds of people, including my pastor and everyone I've asked gives me the weird eye. But, really the only thing I can come up with to this day is it was God. I had been asking for the Holy Spirit to enter me, too, because I really wasn't sure if I had it or not. And, well I guess I don't have to wonder anymore. I just want to feel that again and again, like on a daily basis. And now, I've found some others that have confirmed what I have been thinking it was. Anyone else experience this? Have you ever had it the head-to-toe version more than once? Amazing is all I can say! If that's anything like what heaven will be like, we are stoked people!

P
Peacecar
Yes, I have been dying to talk to someone who doesn’t think I’m crazy about this. It felt almost like I was suddenly in a chamber or something then the waves from head to toe of what felt like electricity or love or whatever. I was also praying ferociously when it happened!
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've had lots of experiences of the emotional/energetic nature with God, these experiences are helpful in hearing God beyond the emotions and beyond the energetic zappyness .. in the Elijah sense that "God was not in the Fire" .. the small still voice.

Reactions: Mordinsky
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I've experienced that exact thing a few times. Only once or twice was it so intense that it immobilized me. It always starts at the top of the head and works its way down to the extremities. Once, when I was praying with someone, it went from my head to my arms, bypassing the rest of my body, and through my hands to the other person. I didn't ask him if he felt it, but he acted like he did (wide-eyed and rubbing his hands together).

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When i was baptized by The Holy Spirit i felt the same electric tingling all over my body which last for minutes, it was so strong and unique, later my tongue moves by itself when i was slain in the Holy Spirit and fell at the feet of Jesus.

Jesus bless u all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

camphigrades

Grace wins.
Mar 26, 2013
Florida, USA
✟8,022.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is the Holy Spirit manifesting in a tangible way. It's amazing. If you go to a Spirit-filled church and worship/pray with a group of Spirit-filled believers, that tangible feeling often manifests because the Holy Spirit moves so powerfully. It's not something to seek for its own feeling, but when it's there...it's incredible.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟277,974.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes God gives us a tangible way to know it is Him, sometimes we just have to know that He keeps His word and believe. Praise God! He gave you something you could sense at that moment. It's kind of one of His ways of putting His hands on your shoulders and letting you know He hears, and He's here.

Please don't let the doubters get you down.

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

So, something happened to me about 7 months ago and I've been trying to find out if anyone else had ever had this experience. I've seen a few others describe tingles, and then others criticize them for having emotions or goosebumps. This was not goosebumps people. I wanted to share my story with someone because I finally found a group of some individuals who have supposedly felt the same thing I did. I was actually driving to work one day and it was a very tough time in my life (I don't want to go into how bad it was, but it involved legal problems). Anyway, I had begun to read my Bible ferociously, every day, and was praying a lot. One day I just started praying for a friend's son who had cancer, then all the sick people I could think of, then all the sick people in the world. I got a little carried away with the intent of my prayer, overwhelmed you might say, and started to cry. All of the sudden I felt this crazy tingling begin. It started at the top of my head and proceeded downwards. It absolutely freaked me out, but in a good way. It was like an electro-magnetic-euphoric feeling really. It felt like the cells in my body (but it was bigger than that) or something astounding was revolving like a particle-beam masssage inside me. Again I was driving my car and I was like, I hope I don't pass out or crash, but I was totally in control. It was a very good feeling, but also incredibly intense. Something I had never felt before or since. It was absolutely inexplicable. It continued down my spine and radiated from the inside outward -- this steady stream of rolling bliss. It was like tingley-bubblely-electric all at the same time and just kept going all the way down my legs to my toes. I was like, "What just happened to me!!!" I've asked all kinds of people, including my pastor and everyone I've asked gives me the weird eye. But, really the only thing I can come up with to this day is it was God. I had been asking for the Holy Spirit to enter me, too, because I really wasn't sure if I had it or not. And, well I guess I don't have to wonder anymore. I just want to feel that again and again, like on a daily basis. And now, I've found some others that have confirmed what I have been thinking it was. Anyone else experience this? Have you ever had it the head-to-toe version more than once? Amazing is all I can say! If that's anything like what heaven will be like, we are stoked people!
It was an experience for me similar to that you had that I think back to as the time I was sure I truly had surrendered to His Lordship and it was from then on that I counted myself truly saved. Before that I said the right words and wanted to know him , but not at the expense of obedience to him. So I didn't fully surrender to his Lordship until that night when he asked me to do something I didn't want to do but I surrendered and did exactly as he said crying and ecstatic as I went.. . because I know all of me meant it when I said told him he was Lord on that night . I was crying and laughing at the same time and I knew I was being made new or that he had started to make me a new being .
I have no doubt everyone will experience him differently but I think you and had a kind of similar "surrender" type experience.

Upvote 0

WilliamFloyd

Jan 13, 2013
Detroit, Michigan area
✟15,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What you're experiencing is a witness from the Holy Spirit. He manifests Himself this way for various reasons and at various times. Sometimes it's to let you know that He's present and at work. Sometimes it's so that you'll pay attention. Sometimes it's as a confirmation. Sometimes it's to let you know you're on the right track. Sometimes it's to give you confidence. Sometimes it's to let you know that you've been empowered to do something. The more maturely you walk, the more often you'll recognize Him. Don't ever seek the sensation. Seek to get to know Him better.

It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mahesh

Aug 12, 2015
✟7,672.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
I had experienced something like that. It comes when your under great distress, when your desperate for an answer. One time I was filled with so much grief, I cried "Why Heavenly father do you condemn me, what have i done?" "Why did you make me the way i am", why do you make me suffer, when I did nothing wrong. My chest went cold. I could breath more air. I felt tinkling in my chest and radiated throughout my entire body. I felt something. i haven't experienced this for such a long time. Last time i remember was, after i got baptized. I couldn't cry, I couldn't grief, my head was blank. Then i knew as long as i have faith and let my heart out, he will answer. I felt the Holy spirit.

Upvote 0

PipersOpus

Nov 24, 2018
Midwest
✟15,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Yes! I’ve had this exact same experience. You are not alone!

Upvote 0

Vince Onel Clenuar

Nov 25, 2018
Marikina City
✟15,221.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

So it's Nov. 2018 and lately I started to pray a lot. I started with knowing St. Pio deeper and researching about his miracles as he's the first saint I have known. Then days passed and I learned about him praying the holy rosary many times a day and so I did the same. I tried my best to learn and pray using the holy rosary. Because of those various mysteries, I thought about giving the bible a try. I'm 24, but truth be told, I have never read the bible though I am Roman Catholic. It was during that time that I have learned such a great deal of information about the greatness of Jesus Christ and one night around 2 am, I went to the kitchen to drink a glass of water while I was constantly thinking about Jesus, (I don't know but I have gotten so obsessed with Him since I started reading the bible) and to my surprise, THAT same sensation you described enveloped me probably for a good 15 seconds. That was the first time I felt it. To this day, I get to experience it every time I kinda of like so into Him, thinking about his miracles etc. In my case, it starts on my head as quick heat then comes that electro-magnetic wave that goes down all the way to my feet and toes. And honestly, I love that feeling as it feels so good although weird.

My experience led me to this thread. I was also looking for an explanation and wondering whether there are other people who are experiencing it too.

Upvote 0

PipersOpus

Nov 24, 2018
Midwest
✟15,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you for posting this! As I previously mentioned, I’ve always felt so odd for experiencing this. I’ve rarely shared it with anyone and those who I do often look at me like I’m crazy! In the quest to find others who may have shared in this sensation, I started googling and found this thread. I’m so happy to know that I’m not alone in having this feeling from time to time! The physical manifestation I experience is incredibly similar to how you described it. It’s almost like waves of electricity going over me. Sometimes it’s more intense than others. Sometimes it actually makes me physically shudder. It may last anywhere from only a few seconds to several minutes, depending on how hard I am praying. It’s always the most magnificent feeling! It gives me such contentment to truly know He is with me! It’s such a blessing to experience this!

• Friendly
Reactions: Mordinsky
Upvote 0

ChasinGod

Dec 1, 2018
Lowell, MA
✟8,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Spiritual Tingling and Divine Tears
I get a tingling sensation all over my body and head quite often, whose source is most definitely divine. I have read that it is The Holy Spirit and also that it is The Higher Self. It responds to holy thoughts, such as when I feel compassion for others, or experience appreciation for Christian ideals being socially observed/expressed. It is also a means for confirming the truth of a thought I am having, or an idea that I am reading or being told.

I first had this feeling immediately after putting holy water on my forehead and making the sign of the cross upon entering a church for the first time in over a decade. It was obviously significant -- an amazing sensation that was not typical, and most definitely from a higher power -- and I told my father (who was with me) about it right after it happened. After that, I did not experience it again for over a year. But when it did come back -- the day before my grandfather died, as I was praying for him -- it was way more intense, and lasted for the duration of my prayer (about an hour). And now (about 10 months later) I get it pretty much everyday, multiple times a day.

It is either an intelligent force in itself or sent from an intelligent source. As I said, it responds to thoughts that are positive, spiritual, and holy. It is most certainly not "runner's' high." I do an hour of intense cardio a day, and I know what "runner's high" is; and this is not a normal human phenomenon -- not a bi-product of a normal and internal human bio-chemical process.

I regularly have another "sensation-al" divine experience, as well, which I experience in response to understanding/contemplating spiritual truths, or when I think about how amazing God is and how grateful I am to Him. I get an intense energy in the top front of my brain and cry and cry, very intensely. It is nothing like anything I experienced before I came to believe in God and became a follower of Jesus.

I believe that God's highest art form is creating a situation where faith, compassion, selflessness, love, charity, gratitude, and devotion to God underlie human action that turns the worst of situations (involving evil, suffering, chaos, hopelessness, sickness, poverty, etc.) into something truly beautiful -- the kinds of transformations that radiate God's indescribable Goodness.

Two examples of God's work that generates both the "divine crying" and the "spiritual tingling sensation" are: (1) seeing a drug addict or alcoholic get sober after asking God for help (and receiving both direct help from God and also the assistance of the selfless service of recovering addicts who have had the same experience, and offer their unqualified support); and (2) "Homeboy Industries" in Los Angeles -- a program run by a Jesuit Priest with "boundless compassion" (Fr. Greg Boyle, or "G-Dog"), which transforms former gang members (just released from prison) into happy, productive people who bring good into the world and have intense gratitude for the dramatic change that God has effected in their lives.

In both of these situations, God weaves intensely positive, profound miracles out of utter hopelessness and despair by working through people who exhibit the highest possible human -- indeed, divine -- characteristics. God's masterpieces.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Gryphon

Sep 26, 2018
Canyon Country
✟23,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I also have experienced what I called a "star burst" for a lack of a better explanation as it feels like a burst of energy that starts from the center of my being and radiates outward through my extremities leaving every part of me literally humming with energy. I associate it with a revelation of understanding. I am still understanding such things so it is new to me.

S
Specific
It's a manifestation of the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of Revelation. That's Him empowering you with special ability to comprehend mysteries. Give yourself to intense study of the scriptures, meditating on it and also intense praying.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

ChasinGod

Dec 1, 2018
Lowell, MA
✟8,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also have experienced what I called a "star burst" for a lack of a better explanation as it feels like a burst of energy that starts from the center of my being and radiates outward through my extremities leaving every part of me literally humming with energy. I associate it with a revelation of understanding. I am still understanding such things so it is new to me.

Does this "energy burst" seem to be a response to a particular thought or emotion (or combination of the two)?

Upvote 0

The Gryphon

Sep 26, 2018
Canyon Country
✟23,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Does this "energy burst" seem to be a response to a particular thought or emotion (or combination of the two)?

It really is hard to explain in words as when I am reading the word of God or I am praying and I suddenly seem to understand something deeper than I have ever done before it starts off as a feeling I cannot really put into words. Then it rises into this feeling of indescribable energy/joy and it just seems to burst. It is a wonderful feeling of joy that fills your whole being and bursts out of you.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

John Bowen

Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is using you to send out light into the world "God said let there light !" It can feel a little uncomfortable at first like little electrical shocks , but you get used to it . When we pray to Jesus to help others he sends us light to help remove the darkness . ' Ask and you shall receive " I'm part of a world wide prayer vigil once a month and I can feel it more then.

Upvote 0