"Electoral contest results in this Commonwealth is in dispute": Pennsylvania House, Draft Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Well, we can all see how well that seems to be going!
It's going, we have yet to see the results.

Whoever in the end, is proven to have enaged in deception against the Public should suffer the full consequences of sedition or treason against the Republic.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's going, we have yet to see the results.

Whoever in the end, is proven to have enaged in deception against the Public should suffer the full consequences of sedition or treason against the Republic.
What if the findings indicate that the elections were fine and comported nicely with the Laws and the various law suits were just a vain arrest to overturn the will of the people?
No harm, no foul?

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
What if the findings indicate that the elections were fine and comported nicely with the Laws and the various law suits were just a vain arrest to overturn the will of the people?
No harm, no foul?
Of course not, I'm of the opinion that those who falsely bring suits should also face some sort of punishment.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You are in error. Your link points to a denial of a specific writ of certiorari (from Oct 28) in the case, but the case as a whole continues on:

Republican Party of Pennsylvania v. Boockvar - SCOTUSblog
Perhaps that is the case, but this is a nothing burger that cannot help Trump and can only hurt him. Mail in ballots that came in after Nov. 3 were sequestered and have not been counted yet. There were only 3,000 to 4,000, not nearly enough to help Trump even if they were allowed to be counted. They probably will be counted and since the mail in ballot has heavily favored Biden they will only increase his lead:

Supreme Court orders separate count of late-arriving Pa. ballots

This case hardly counts as one that could help Trump. At the very best Biden's lead will not grow any more from those uncounted ballots. Do you understand this?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That is supposedly remedied by checks and balances in the government, which is now in motion through lawsuits, etc.
The lawsuits have been lost by Trump. There are not enough left to change the election. Trump lost, get over it.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps that is the case, but this is a nothing burger that cannot help Trump and can only hurt him. Mail in ballots that came in after Nov. 3 were sequestered and have not been counted yet. There were only 3,000 to 4,000, not nearly enough to help Trump even if they were allowed to be counted. They probably will be counted and since the mail in ballot has heavily favored Biden they will only increase his lead:

Supreme Court orders separate count of late-arriving Pa. ballots

This case hardly counts as one that could help Trump. At the very best Biden's lead will not grow any more from those uncounted ballots. Do you understand this?
Then you agree. Trump lost. Whew.

Okay, what should we discuss next?
No, I don't understand or agree ... the dust has yet to settle.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No, I don't understand ... the dust has yet to settle.
The dust has settled. You clearly do not understand.

That lawsuit is about mail in ballots that came in after Tuesday November 3. Those votes were sequestered. There were less than 4,000 of them Biden won by 80,000 without those votes. Even if Trump wins that particular lawsuit he will still have lost Pennsylvania. It would only have mattered if Trump was within 4,000 votes of Biden. He was not even close.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
The dust has settled. You clearly do not understand.

That lawsuit is about mail in ballots that came in after Tuesday November 3. Those votes were sequestered. There were less than 4,000 of them Biden won by 80,000 without those votes. Even if Trump wins that particular lawsuit he will still have lost Pennsylvania. It would only have mattered if Trump was within 4,000 votes of Biden. He was not even close.
I comprehend your allegation, but do not understand (agree with) it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I comprehend your allegation, but do not understand it.
Wow! Really? It is not that hard to understand.

The lawsuit that we are discussing involves votes that were postmarked on or before Nov. 3 but arrived after Nov. 3. Do you understand that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think we're done here.
If you refuse to see your errors we probably are. I made no personal attacks. You made some errors. You will not even discuss them. Not a good sign for someone that claims he was not for Trump.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Then you really have no business commenting on those lawsuits.

I posted simple facts. The one particular lawsuit that we are discussing is about late arriving ballots. This is a simple concept. Are you with me, or did you just quote a random court case that you had no understanding of. If the latter is the case why even bring it up in the first place?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course not, I'm of the opinion that those who falsely bring suits should also face some sort of punishment.
If there’s nothing “on the books” (laws to deter such frivolous lawsuits), then this round of suits will have to go unpunished as the Constitution’s “no ex post facto” clause rules.
They could implement something for future controversies, though?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

DUE TO MULTIPLE RULE VIOLATIONS

241634_a435e7c864cf3d1d54069d68f79ef38b_thumb.jpg

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.