• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Election Integrity--Voters reject same-day voter registration and universal mail vote

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by Valletta, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Valletta

Valletta Well-Known Member

+589
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,885
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    By New Yorkers you ought specify residents of New York State as opposed to residents of New York City. Some people don't seem to know that they are not one and the same. Those New Yorkers who reside in NY City would have approved the measures by a plurality of votes. Luckily the rest of the state was strongly opposed to making elections less secure. As an aside I found it strange that I was asked to vote on what NY City could be allowed to do about changing the cap on torts in NY City Civil Court. What business was that of mine? I live over 400 miles away.

3. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,708
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Has anyone documented any measurable percentage of cheating, ever?

4. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    I'd love to see the data and research that supports taking those steps.

Keeping in mind the stories of ghosts and boogeyballots hiding underbeds, again, mean nothing. I'd love to see hard data of convictions.

5. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+5,285
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    How would these measures make voting less secure?

6. HannahT

HannahT Newbie Supporter

+2,341
    Christian
    Married
    It seems to be more about confidence in the system, and making sure things look secure.

No doubt if people put forth the data and research that supports using the same day system, and used reasons why beyond talking points that were not poised in a nasty way? It might help the confidence factor, and allow it to pass.

Yet, with todays politics (DEM/GOP Attitudes) that won't happen. When politician's come across with self righteous, condescending approaches? You alienate any reasonable debate, and make it more about 'us against them'. Which of course doesn't help either side.

Pointing out stories of/non-existents ghosts, boogeyballets, etc won't get change people's points of views at this point. Rational and Mature debate without all the coercion, manipulation would go far to help people understand. Today is more about name calling, and telling others if they don't vote their way they are haters and don't care about XYZ. Completely unproductive, but no one has woken up to that reality yet.

7. grasping the after wind

+5,885
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Tell us how that would be accomplished. What method would you use to document it?

8. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Successful convictions. Much like every other crime.

To assume it's a problem without data to back it up is textbook paranoia....or just an effort to make voting more difficult

9. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+11,658
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Cheating has been proven by the fact that someone said there was cheating, and lots of people believed it, so it must be true. Old fashioned concepts like evidence based reasoning are just silly and only fit for the sheeple.

10. grasping the after wind

+5,885
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    How would prosecutors go about detecting the crime in order to pursue those successful convictions? In addition, are you proposing that unless someone is convicted of breaking a law that law was not broken? For instance there are a number of people that seem to have died with bullets in their bodies but as no one has been convicted of their murder were they then not murdered? Were there no illegally used guns that existed that caused those people to die? You ask for data that one is explicitly forbidden from collecting.

11. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    How have they done it in the past?

12. grasping the after wind

+5,885
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others

I would not assume that I know all there is to know on the subject but from what I can see is that it takes someone to have been so outrageous in their attempt to defraud the system that they almost seem to be advertising their attempt in order to prove to people how impossible it would be to catch them is they did not purposely draw people's attention to their efforts.

13. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    "From what you can see"? I have not got that at all. I see individuals attempt to defraud by voting for other people.

Everything else that has been brought before the court (after a certain insane poor loser lost) has been unworthy of consideration but JUUUUUUST enough to maintain suspicion from those who want him to be right.

14. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Interesting analogy. But not necessarily apt.
    I'd say more, if you walk into a room and everyone in there is drinking a nice up of tea and chatting about the local cricket match, but no one was convicted of murdering them, did they get murdered?

15. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+11,658
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    For any of those analogies to work there would have to be some extant instances of identified fraud with no identified culprit. What you actually have is people believing there was fraud for no reason.

A more accurate analogy would be someone claiming someone was shot, because they saw someone with a gun, and heard that people sometimes get shot, but remaining unable to produce any explanation or evidence to support the claim.

16. SkyWriting

+7,708
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I also believe there were problems and cheating. But it takes a measurable amount of it to win an election.

17. SkyWriting

+7,708
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    How has that been accomplished in the past and was the fraud documented to an extent that an election could be won?

18. SkyWriting

+7,708
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    We've had election day registration in Wisconsin since 1975 - with no resulting fraud problems. I think one year 5 felons snuck in votes that needed to be withdrawn.

19. Valletta

Valletta Well-Known Member

+589
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    We know the election laws in Wisconsin were broken the last election, we just don't know the extent of wrongdoing, and won't without a full forensic audit.

20. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+2,307
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Wisconsin's population is 5.822 million people

NYC alone has over 8 million people. The state is over 19 million.

It's a case when size matters.