Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I sat on the porch with my rifle and protected mine because coyotes and neighborhood dogs would dig under the fence at times.
Then you didn't build a really good fence. If you had they couldn't have dug under it. However, here's a little tip....get one or two good guard dogs, problem solved.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Then you didn't build a really good fence. If you had they couldn't have dug under it. However, here's a little tip....get one or two good guard dogs, problem solved.
That is true. I had a Pyrenees dog but he wouldn't do anything but eat and sleep and go under the truck if something came. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
First know that I am not a smart man. I don't know politics or anything about money because I have never had enough to worry about anyhow.
However common horse sense tells me that a country fixes it's problems by firstly stopping all outside aid to others... Build that build fence, keep jobs here in America and get this country financially secure and God blessed again,
Then at that point we will be very powerful and will be able to extend aid and help others to get on their feet. No more frede handouts but handups.

Common sense tells me that if your cows are starving, Don't throw their hay over the fence to feed the neighbors cows. Your first priority is your own cows as your neighbor has his responsibilities.

This is my southern fried view of how it should be. IDK, Maybe I should run for President.

Our cows aren't starving. Do you see the incongruence between boasting about record low unemployment and a strong economy (its faltering is due in substantial part to Mr. Trump's poor economic decisions), and simultaneously leading people to believe we're in such dire straits we're in peril if we permit desperately impoverished immigrants from crossing our borders? Illegal border crossings have fallen dramatically in the past two decades, prior to the building of fences. The OP's article explains that in regards to El Paso, but you must scroll down to read that part of the article. There are more immigrants in the United States without permission who came here legally and then overstayed than there are those who crossed at the southern border. Another incompatibility is that Republicans have advocated for a higher allotment of visas for unskilled labor, and employers are mostly bringing in these workers from Central America. Democrats have been in opposition to this because of the established abuses of the system - the workers are exploited because of their vulnerability, given a below-legal wage, and also devaluing the work. The same OP of this thread made another one recently about how there are no jobs Americans will not do, which is true, but Americans will not do the jobs unless they are given legal wages and in conditions compliant with legal standards. A trio of Republican senators proposed that the number of visa be doubled last year, and Mr. Trump's properties have long employed foreigners for cheap labor. The FBI and state investigators are currently investigating his golf clubs for hiring undocumented workers.

Another important matter to note is that the United States has benefitted from aid given to us by other countries. In natural disasters countries around the world have sent in trained people to do what was needed, and given us supplies. Mexico saved many American lives following Hurricane Katrina. I've been volunteering in the Panhandle of Florida that was decimated by Hurricane Michael last October and in the parts of California ravaged by fires and met people from around the world who came here to give us aid. Also, the United States is trillions in debt to China and Japan, and has borrowed billions from Ireland and Brazil. We're also billions of dollars in debt to Saudi Arabia.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟10,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bob, if you misread the article, I would recommend you remove the thread. You can't make a simple mistake among present company whom we know are half cocked/chomping at the bit already and expect it to go well...heck, you can't even do everything right, and expect it to go well. ;)
That's just rude.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is true. I had a Pyrenees dog but he wouldn't do anything but eat and sleep and go under the truck if something came. lol
LOL
My neighbor has a large flock of sheep and they have three Pyrenees, they do a good job, but lately there has been a young red fox driving two of them crazy. He harasses them unmercifully, runs just fast enough they can't catch him, stops runs back, yaps until they go after him. They run in circles out in the field, it's really funny, fun to watch.

EDIT corrected verb tense

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our cows aren't starving. Do you see the incongruence between boasting about record low unemployment and a strong economy (its faltering is due in substantial part to Mr. Trump's poor economic decisions), and simultaneously leading people to believe we're in such dire straits we're in peril if we permit desperately impoverished immigrants from crossing our borders? Illegal border crossings have fallen dramatically in the past two decades, prior to the building of fences. The OP's article explains that in regards to El Paso, but you must scroll down to read that part of the article. There are more immigrants in the United States without permission who came here legally and then overstayed than there are those who crossed at the southern border. Another incompatibility is that Republicans have advocated for a higher allotment of visas for unskilled labor, and employers are mostly bringing in these workers from Central America. Democrats have been in opposition to this because of the established abuses of the system - the workers are exploited because of their vulnerability, given a below-legal wage, and also devaluing the work. The same OP of this thread made another one recently about how there are no jobs Americans will not do, which is true, but Americans will not do the jobs unless they are given legal wages and in conditions compliant with legal standards. A trio of Republican senators proposed that the number of visa be doubled last year, and Mr. Trump's properties have long employed foreigners for cheap labor. The FBI and state investigators are currently investigating his golf clubs for hiring undocumented workers.

Another important matter to note is that the United States has benefitted from aid given to us by other countries. In natural disasters countries around the world have sent in trained people to do what was needed, and given us supplies. Mexico saved many American lives following Hurricane Katrina. I've been volunteering in the Panhandle of Florida that was decimated by Hurricane Michael last October and in the parts of California ravaged by fires and met people from around the world who came here to give us aid. Also, the United States is trillions in debt to China and Japan, and has borrowed billions from Ireland and Brazil. We're also billions of dollars in debt to Saudi Arabia.
If I remember correctly, Australia sent firefighters to CA.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If I remember correctly, Australia sent firefighters to CA.

Oh yes, they've sent firefighters to help us combat wildfires numerous times. In October 2017 an appreciative alum of my college coordinated with other alumni to round up tickets to our sold-out homecoming game to give to Australian firefighters who had saved his home and his neighbors'. People who were excited about attending the game gladly donated their tickets. At that point, the fires had mostly been contained. I talked with them at a tailgate party, and they said it was their first time when they weren't on an adrenaline rush since arriving. They gave their all. Australian firefighters came back in December of 2017 and again several times in 2018.

As of today it's been three months since Hurricane Michael decimated so many areas of the Panhandle of Florida. I volunteered in South Africa in August and September, and then in October some of the physicians and nurses I worked with there flew there to provide medical care to hurricane victims. Downed power lines and trees made so many roads impassable, so the crews were out on horses and ATVs to bring insulin and give care to people who were trapped and desperate. I worked on the logistical side of things, coordinating where we'd go and how to get the information out to residents, and I put my fluency in French and Spanish and understanding of the South African accent to use because we had so many international volunteers. None of the local radio stations were playing music during that time, instead they were used as a means of getting out information since cell phone towers and internet connectivity had been knocked out. I'd contact the stations hourly and give the details of when and where crews would be and what they'd be providing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I sat on the porch with my rifle and protected mine because coyotes and neighborhood dogs would dig under the fence at times.
That helped a lot because after they realized the goats were being protected by a guy that would shoot them, They learned to stay away because they feared bringing destruction upon themselves as they stood a great chance of perishing in the process, So they moved on to someone else's herd and left mine alone.
Great deterrent those rifles and fences.
You want civilians to shoot people trying to cross the border?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then I realized that so many people simply will not bother to read the article, and instead will rush to hit the winner rating trusting that the title and brief summary are correct because they align with what they want to believe. This is a prime example of how misinformation is spread.

....I fear it will (or already is) the downfall of our country. No one takes the time to read more than a few sentences....

• Agree
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,114.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I read the article for a nanosecond I wondered why the OP had even posted this thread when the facts of the source refute the statement he made in the title, and therefore undermine the very agenda trying to be promoted. Then I realized that so many people simply will not bother to read the article, and instead will rush to hit the winner rating trusting that the title and brief summary are correct because they align with what they want to believe.
What do you expect? Amygdalas tucked away under red ball caps are being tickled.

What an embarrassment for those of us who care about the reputation of the gospel.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I volunteered in South Africa in August and September, and then in October some of the physicians and nurses I worked with there flew there to provide medical care to hurricane victims. Downed power lines and trees made so many roads impassable, so the crews were out on horses and ATVs to bring insulin and give care to people who were trapped and desperate. I worked on the logistical side of things, coordinating where we'd go and how to get the information out to residents, and I put my fluency in French and Spanish and understanding of the South African accent to use because we had so many international volunteers.
Thank you. And then I read this from the AP:
"The Trump administration is considering using billions in unspent disaster relief funds earmarked for areas including hurricane-pounded Puerto Rico and Texas and more than a dozen other states to pay for President Donald Trump’s border wall as he weighs signing a national emergency declaration to get it built without Congress."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The Trump administration is considering using billions in unspent disaster relief funds earmarked for areas including hurricane-pounded Puerto Rico and Texas and more than a dozen other states to pay for President Donald Trump’s border wall as he weighs signing a national emergency declaration to get it built without Congress."

...well, you know it's a NATIONAL EMERGENCY. Trump has to build "the wall" for his base....

Nevermind that immigration courts are shutdown, e-verify is off line, border patrol agents (and a host of other security folks) are working without a paycheck, etc.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...well, you know it's a NATIONAL EMERGENCY. Trump has to build "the wall" for his base....

Nevermind that immigration courts are shutdown, e-verify is off line, border patrol agents (and a host of other security folks) are working without a paycheck, etc.
It's a Trump 2020 Campaign Emergency.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Sounds good hope it doesn't take long.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Right -- we wouldn't want our tax money to go to people who've actually been hurt by a natural disaster.

So Bob, does it bother you even a little that the title of this thread is a falsehood?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
M-Bob
If next year it's your CA home that's in danger of being burnt up in a fire or is burnt up in a fire.....oh and your little goats....

Upvote 0