✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oblivious said:
Spirals perms, big bangs, lots of Aqua Net - yes, I'm guilty.

Did anyone ever use the hand dryers in the bathrooms as blow dryers? I remember after gym class we'd plaster our hair with hairspray, then turn on the dryers and spin them around to "set" our hair. We thought we were really "rad". :D

I'm guilty too! :D

When I graduated from high school I decided I needed a change and started to grow my hair out. I went from curls to straight hair. Its now rests at the bottom of my back . Been with long hair now for a long time. Hubby threatens me with divorce if I ever would cut it.....so if you see me walking down the road with a "Dorthy Hammil" haircut (remember that one, guys? ) you no I'm a single woman. Somehow, I doubt that would ever happen, I love my husband to much! :blush:

Upvote 0

BeachBlonde

The Hug Reaper is here!
Feb 24, 2005
Idaho
✟18,224.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
my pregnancy kept me from lightening or doing alot to my hair as I don't like to mess with chemicals during pregnancy.My hair grew out,it's actually just an inch and a half or so past my shoulders now.I always had long wavy hair,nothing too '80s here. It's not as wavy anymore and right now it's pony tailed back.

Upvote 0

ironhead

Nov 29, 2005
✟7,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh man I almost forgot. I had a hair permanent one time, long and strait, spiked. Anything but short. I rebeled against my parents badly when it came to my hair. All I wanted was to be in a rock band and have long hair.
I never did join a rock band until I was almost 30 and now I have short greying hair lol.

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
ironhead said:
Oh man I almost forgot. I had a hair permanent one time,

LOL, How could I forget, I remember when it was cool, to get a perm in the back of your hair, with those of us who had the Mullet.. Yeah, did that a couple of times.

The funny thing is I never knew that Hairstyle was called the Mullet, until about a year ago, when I hear a joke about it. I always called it "leaving it long in the back"... I heard people making jokes about a hairstyle called a Mullet, and I said "What did that look like?" They showed me a pic, and I was like "Oh my Gosh, my hair used to be cut like that!" :)

Upvote 0

ironhead

Nov 29, 2005
✟7,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mrstace said:
LOL, How could I forget, I remember when it was cool, to get a perm in the back of your hair, with those of us who had the Mullet.. Yeah, did that a couple of times.

The funny thing is I never knew that Hairstyle was called the Mullet, until about a year ago, when I hear a joke about it. I always called it "leaving it long in the back"... I heard people making jokes about a hairstyle called a Mullet, and I said "What did that look like?" They showed me a pic, and I was like "Oh my Gosh, my hair used to be cut like that!" :)
yeah, back in the day we didn't call them mullets.I don't think they had a name.

Upvote 0

LegacyOfLove

Senior Veteran
Nov 13, 2004
Visit site
✟10,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am guilty too of the big hair days. I loved my Aqua-Net (my parents should have bought stock in that company in the 80's LOL). I didn't stop with the big hair until about 2000. Wow...hard to believe huh? Some habits die hard. Now, it's long and no teased or hairsprayed bangs or sides of the hair. I remember though I was pretty proud of my "big hair". I had so much hair spray I could go to bed with my hair all sprayed up and wake up with every hair still in place. I could go into a very windy day and lo and behold it would stand up (loved the Aqua Net!).

But, alas the new millenium...now it's throw it up in a pony-tail and get on with the day. Ahhh...still missing those big hair days (ummm...not really).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

romaneagle13

Oct 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
✟8,539.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I had the feathered sides and poofed up bangs. My Mom was always trying to cut my bangs so that they hung straight across my forehead in a straight line parallel to my eyebrows. She couldn't understand that those straight bangs were just "not in". Nowadays I wear my hair shoulderlength and the sides are straight and the bangs are down. My Mom is finally happy...

Upvote 0

allmyluv4Him

Contributor
Dec 26, 2005
Tx
✟16,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
newbeliever02072005 said:
I'm guilty too! :D

When I graduated from high school I decided I needed a change and started to grow my hair out. I went from curls to straight hair. Its now rests at the bottom of my back . Been with long hair now for a long time. Hubby threatens me with divorce if I ever would cut it.....so if you see me walking down the road with a "Dorthy Hammil" haircut (remember that one, guys? ) you no I'm a single woman. Somehow, I doubt that would ever happen, I love my husband to much! :blush:

LOL I remember when i was 11 or 12 I went for a haircut and my mom just told the hairdresser to cut it shorter, no certain style. Well, the style she chose was......you guessed it.....a Dorothy Hammil. LOL I cried for two weeks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sunshinee777

Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I had bangs like forever until few years ago I let my hair grow long. I just got bored because now everyone has bangs.
I started doing my own hair when I was 10-11 years old. I have gone to hairdresser only couple of times in my life. I have tried all the haircolors of rainbow and it’s part of my personality, as an artist colors are important to me and I believe colors can affect peoples mood so to me bright colors bring happiness in the world.

Upvote 0