Eight years and counting...

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
It's been almost eight years (probably closer to seven-and-a-half) since I first put a tentative toe into the C/E debate. In that time, there have been many interesting scientific happenings including:

• sequencing and publication of various genomes (human, chimp, etc)
  • discovery/assemblage of various transitional fossils including Tiktaalik, Ventastega and Darwinius
  • NASA sending not one but two new Rovers to explore Mars
  • construction and testing of the Large Hadron Collider

And so on...

My question to creationists is:

What have creationists accomplished in this time? Have there been any new creationist breakthroughs in this time? Any exciting new developments on the frontiers of creation science?

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Creationist breakthrough? Creation science? What are those? Creation is based on a few verses of a few chapters of one book. I don't see how that can be scientifically studied, or how any new discoveries regarding it can be made. Any breakthroughs would be in the whittling of arguments and the abandonment of bad logic. And I don't see that happening here.
Hypothetically, what evidence of creation could we find?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My question to creationists is:

What have creationists accomplished in this time? Have there been any new creationist breakthroughs in this time? Any exciting new developments on the frontiers of creation science?
Seeing as the Creation Week is history, not science, I wouldn't sit around waiting for 'breakthroughs' for any length of time.

This universe was not created by natural means --- no science involved --- not even thermodynamics.

ETA: Expecting a creationist to come up with a breakthrough is like expecting someone to paint glasses on the Mona Lisa.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Seeing as the Creation Week is history, not science, I wouldn't sit around waiting for 'breakthroughs' for any length of time.

This universe was not created by natural means --- no science involved --- not even thermodynamics.

ETA: Expecting a creationist to come up with a breakthrough is like expecting someone to paint glasses on the Mona Lisa.

From AiG:

There have been many claims in the media, science journals, and documentaries that creationists scientists do not perform original research. However, as the number of creationist researchers continues to grow, this claim is now clearly without foundation. Not only have creationist organizations performed ground-breaking, well-documented research, they have also shed new light on the flaws of a millions-of-years mindset. As Dr. Andrew Snelling explains, creation research is entering a new phase of exciting breakthroughs.

Get Answers - Answers in Genesis

Since AiG is claiming creationists make breakthroughs, I'm going to assume creationists make breakthroughs. Therefore, can any creationists name some from the last 8 years?

(And I'm going to preemptively ask you not to derail my thread, kthxbye.)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since AiG is claiming creationists make breakthroughs, I'm going to assume creationists make breakthroughs.
Didn't you just post this?
As Dr. Andrew Snelling explains, creation research is entering a new phase of exciting breakthroughs.
And even though it's a 'new phase', you're asking this?
Therefore, can any creationists name some from the last 8 years?

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Answers in Genesis might be talking about this.

EDIT: It looks like the article you linked to also talks about one of these.

I glanced through that list and am gob-smacked at how easily they contradict themselves with points #1 and #5. How do they first claim that, "If the earth were even 20,000 years old, its magnetic field would have been so strong as to make life impossible, based on the present rate of decay", but then acknowledge magnetic field reversal in point 5?

I realize that's an aside, but it just blows my mind at the astounding ignorance.

Anyway, the RATE project is arguably the only "breakthrough" I think creationists can really claim fame to (even though it's arguably riddled with errors).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
that made no sense, the creation week if true is an event that happened in the world, science studies the world.
if something happened in the world, we should be able to study it.

This universe was not created by natural means
really? its artificial? i think trying to claim this is really a category error, being that god created it, and god created nature then everything god created is natural.
--- no science involved
dude seriously stop treating science like a thing, its not a thing, its an abstract concept and a way of thinking and understanding the world.
even if nothing created the world, there wouldn't be any science in that either, because science has nothing to do with how the universe came to be, its just the study of the mechanics and history of the universe
--- not even thermodynamics.
which you apparently think you know something about, even though you never bothered to learn about thermodynamics
heres a clue AV, thermodynamics is about the conversion and use of energy, namely you get less energy than you put into something to get work out of it.
tell me AV, how did plants convert the light before the sun, without the second law?
they either used photosynthesis or god was so bad at his job that he couldn't keep plants alive.
so its like lipstick on a pig?
like a fish needs a bicycle?

oi i hate non sequitur analogies

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I'm guessing they should have a comprehensive guide to baraminology any day now... though I won't be holding my breath. Have they accomplished anything at all, much less scientifically, in the last 8 years? Apart from losing court cases and building that intellectual abortion in Kentucky I mean.

Either answer the questions I posed in the OP or go derail some other thread.

Please folks, keep Pete's request in mind.

Upvote 0

Tharumza

Sep 12, 2009
Ft Meade, MD
✟156.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

No, but you could have been finding evidence for it, and not Biblical evidence. Biblical evidence doesn't convert anyone.

Upvote 0