Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
"President Donald Trump led an aggressive charge Monday on behalf of embattled Senate nominee Roy Moore, with the Republican National Committee rejoining Moore's side in Alabama weeks after cutting ties with him following allegations of sexual misconduct.
Before dawn, Trump took to Twitter to declare his strongest support yet for Moore. By day's end, the RNC was back in his corner and America First Action, a pro-Trump group, said it would spend $1.1 million to try to push Moore across the finish line.
Trump's message came on the same day that the RNC reversed itself and returned to Alabama to support Moore, less than three weeks after pulling out of a joint fundraising agreement with his campaign. An RNC official with knowledge of the plans, speaking on the condition of anonymity, confirmed the re-engagement. The committee did not immediately issue any public statements announcing the move."

RNC restarts support for Roy Moore after Trump's hearty endorsement

Oh really? Those 20 have changed their minds and are now supporting Moore? Wow, didn't know. Thanks for the heads up.:rolleyes: But as per the mods, perhaps we should just stick to the OP.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what base you're talking/listening to, but none of the pink-hat-third-wavers I know just want to blindly assume that all accusations are true.
... except in the case of Republicans, like Roy Moore for example.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
... except in the case of Republicans, like Roy Moore for example.

We've got multiple people stating they were aware that he had a predilection for young girls and physical evidence that he knew at least a couple of the accusers despite his claims to the contrary.

Weren't you the one who described his alleged behavior towards the 14yo girls as "gentlemanly"?

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We've got multiple people stating they were aware that he had a predilection for young girls and physical evidence that he knew at least a couple of the accusers despite his claims to the contrary.

Weren't you the one who described his alleged behavior towards the 14yo girls as "gentlemanly"?
There is exactly one accusation alleging improper activity with an underage girl ... which Moore denies, if that matters at all to you ... and it was the girl who says Moore treated her decently and took her directly home as soon as she said "no".

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is exactly one accusation alleging improper activity with an underage girl ... which Moore denies, if that matters at all to you ...

It does matter to me, FWIW, even though I don't trust him. But it's one thing to believe his claims that nothing happened at all. What's worse than that are all the folks defending the alleged behavior.

and it was the girl who says Moore treated her decently and took her directly home as soon as she said "no".

Right - he treated her decently after he walked in the room half naked and asked her to touch his willy. Kudos for not forcing himself on her, but she was still 14.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It does matter to me, FWIW, even though I don't trust him. But it's one thing to believe his claims that nothing happened at all. What's worse than that are all the folks defending the alleged behavior.
Don't recall anyone defending his behavior.

What I've consistently done is point out the absurdity of the Washington Post's reporting.
Right - he treated her decently after he walked in the room half naked and asked her to touch his willy. Kudos for not forcing himself on her, but she was still 14.
You seem to be confusing her accusation with somebody else's. The claim against Moore was about his undressing her and touching her partially clad body.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
It would seem that considering the resignation of Congressman Conyers yesterday and the likely resignation tomorrow of Senator Franken, that this will put all the more pressure on the Senate to open an Ethics Committee investigation on the judge, if Roy Moore wins next week's election.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't recall anyone defending his behavior.

You don't recall any defenses here on CF? Or you don't recall any defenses being made anywhere?

What I've consistently done is point out the absurdity of the Washington Post's reporting.

...and framed his advances as gentlemanly.

You seem to be confusing her accusation with somebody else's. The claim against Moore was about his undressing her and touching her partially clad body.

If we're talking about Leigh Corfman, it was both:
Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

And to your earlier comment about there only being one accusation of impropriety, it appears we all need a refresher. If we set aside his attempts at barely-legal-in-Alabama girls as creepy but permissible, then there are still at least 3 women accusing him of impropriety: Leigh Corfman, Beverly Nelson, and Tina Johnson

Analysis | Timeline: The accusations against Roy Moore

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's true. We don't. If we did you'd be referring to Hillary as President Clinton.

Well since you bring up the Clinton's, remember how the left gave bubba a pass and Hillary went after the victims? Maybe you weren't alive or old enough then. I don't know.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟868,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would seem that considering the resignation of Congressman Conyers yesterday and the likely resignation tomorrow of Senator Franken, that this will put all the more pressure on the Senate to open an Ethics Committee investigation on the judge, if Roy Moore wins next week's election.

I would say there are a few possible reasons for this sudden shift:

a. They legitimately thought the accusations were credible and wanted to deal with the situation.

b. They saw that media figures etc. were dealt with swiftly when the accusations turned out to have merit and realized folks are starting to lose even more respect for politicians.

c. They need to throw those known under the bus to get the attention off the ones note known, but which have been paid out.

d. They finally realized they are unlikely to lose those seats due to the dynamics of the states involved, and want to target Moore which would give them a seat they are not likely to get.

e. The real target is Trump. If they can set a precedent of charges should be acted on they can push it to the top.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well since you bring up the Clinton's, remember how the left gave bubba a pass and Hillary went after the victims? Maybe you weren't alive or old enough then. I don't know.
Not old enough. I was, I think maybe 4 when Clinton was first elected President.

That's got nothing to do with what Democrats are willing to abide by from their party now, 20 something years later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I honestly did not know that. I thought he was well liked by all in his party.

It’s called ‘doing the right thing’...they recognised he has acted badly and so he should step down...

See how that works...?

• Agree
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟144,766.00
Faith
Pantheist
I guess people really don't like him.

Just no. I really like him and think he's a very effective congressman. I also think he should resign. Just because you like someone doesn't give them special privileges to act inappropriately. Or, it shouldn't. Now I want Farenthold to resign, too, of course. And anyone else that spent my tax money to settle a sexual harassment case in the congress.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
As long as Trump is in office and Moore is on his way to the senate, Franken needs to stay where he is unless his constituents don't vote for him next time.
MN has a Dem Governor, so the Dems will not lose the seat, at least not in the short term. Assuming Franken does leave, then Gov. Dayton will appoint a replacement.

Upvote 0