biblicalbro

Child of God
Aug 19, 2014
✟29,047.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So it’s been two years since I deleted Facebook. I found it distracting, I was comparing myself to others and it was also a grounds of sexual temptation. I didn’t miss it since it. It was the right move to make.

lately however, it’s been on my mind on creating a new page. It won’t be about me personally though. I’m too private for that. No selfies, memes, etc. But I want to use it more seriously as a grounds of encouragement to share my faith and also use it as a platform to promote my blog. However if I find myself distracted like before than I don’t think I can do it. So I’m still unsure.

biblicalbro

Child of God
Aug 19, 2014
✟29,047.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
OK, but you told us why you gave it up. Now you are talking as though you think you were wrong about that.
Not really, just want to use it differently this time around. Plus I have protection online. And I want to use it in a Small amount. Otherwise I’ll just delete it again.

Upvote 0

Tsquared

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Canada
✟86,933.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So it’s been two years since I deleted Facebook. I found it distracting, I was comparing myself to others and it was also a grounds of sexual temptation. I didn’t miss it since it. It was the right move to make.

lately however, it’s been on my mind on creating a new page. It won’t be about me personally though. I’m too private for that. No selfies, memes, etc. But I want to use it more seriously as a grounds of encouragement to share my faith and also use it as a platform to promote my blog. However if I find myself distracted like before than I don’t think I can do it. So I’m still unsure.

I can definitely understand how Facebook can become a distraction. It's ultimately your decision if you are going to go back on Facebook or not; However, if you think it has a good chance of being a stumbling block in your walk with God, I would personally avoid it. This is something you should bring before God in prayer, He will guide you better than anyone else can. :) Prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anynmskr

Oct 16, 2019
Tennessee
✟4,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is unfortunate, That the majority of people, And most especially, The West side of things,

Has gravitated so drastically,
To Facebook, And the, Internet,........ As you stated, It can be a place of high physical, temptation,

One, as being someone who has been the tempter, As well as,
The tempted,......... I am not proud, Of this,...

However, as far as careers, And jobs are concerned, It has also gone to a place where celebrities, And companies, Are inundated with having to have an account,
And while you would think it would pull people apart, I feel as if it is trying to make things, More personal,
And pull people, Together!!!!!!!!!!

The Bible, And the tower of babel, God split us up, And scattered us across the land,
And he did so, For a reason...

With th e globalization,
Of the world,

And whether you be lieve in the rapture before the tribulation, Or not,

He will allow, Once again,
The world to come back together,

One more time,

And i feel a incredible sense,
Of urgency,

And uneasiness about this,
As this feels like an incredibly,

Uncomfortable, Experience,....

And I thin k the wor ld wide web, Is just part of it........

So,... Basically, What i am saying, Is,... Unless you have to have a social media account,
For a type of job, Or to make extra income,

I would steer clear, Of all social media,
And I would also even encourage , everyone,

To maybe reconsider owning a smartphone........

Anything, That even has the capability, Of putting th app, On it,

Is a litt e too invasive of technology,

To, Me,......... ? ? ..

Upvote 0

But_First_Coffee

May 21, 2019
Jacksonville
✟14,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Facebook is evolving, and right now promoting people to create or join Facebook groups. I personally admin three of them, two foodie groups and one news group in my town. It’s a good way to network. Though many don’t allow self-promotion. However, there are bound to be Christian groups on there. You could easily create an interactive one for your town or county and set a lot of boundaries about what can and can’t be posted. It might be an awesome new opportunity.

Upvote 0

carp614

Apr 21, 2016
Home
✟29,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what you should do.

But I want to share where my mind went when I read your comment. I immediately thought about my addiction struggles. The language you used sounded so much like what I told myself. It will be different this time. I want to use it differently.

Please understand, I'm only suggesting you should think carefully about what you are doing and why you are doing it. Toying with something potentially addictive (for example you mentioned previous struggle with sexual addiction) might be considered unwise.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness... Before you make a decision, enquire of the Lord and commit all your ways to Him and He will guide your steps. I have a similar story to yours but in my situation, I hated facebook and wanted a very much private life, so I deleted my account over 2 years ago. However, since leaving facebook, I discovered I had some kind of hidden gift in terms of writings about the word of God. And I felt burdened to share much of it cos, it is said that to whom much is given much is excepted (or something along that line lol). So recently, I made a U-turn and joined facebook with one sole purpose, to tell of God's great love for as long as I live. May God help me to do that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums