Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON
Harry_Anderson.jpg

Normally when a thread has gone through a clean up, we post a mod hat like this one. If the thread has been dead for awhile, I usually don't as to not bump a dead thread. However, in this case I will.

For future reference, any accusation of trolling will be met with a staff action. The name calling is childish and unnecessary.

That is all.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Either way, my point still stands.

The Islamic world for centuries waged continuous aggressive war against the West, until the the West became too strong to attack. That's actual history. That actually happened.

This is true, and often forgotten. The Crusades cannot be understood in any other context; Christian lands were being conquered by Muslims. Constantinople, the holiest Orthodox city after Jerusalem and containing the largest and most beautiful church in Christendom, was conquered by Islamic armies, as were the other great Christian cities of Baghdad and Alexandria. Rome was the only centre of early Christianity left, and with Islamic invasions of Sicily, Spain and even southern France, its status looked far from secure.

Of course, that doesn't justify the violence of Christians during the Crusades. But both sides were imperialist and both sides bloody.

Upvote 0