Edible pot , and children getting a hold of it.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was baby sitting at a family members house. A 10, 3 , and 1 year old. And apparently the one year old got a piece of a gummy bear edible pot. It was on the floor , the kids go in this area all the time. The mom knows it. It was the moms edible pot. The baby is fine. But it bugs me the mom can be so careless. It also bugs , that the mom doesn't think this is a huge accident. Because pots legal. Just no big deal. Kind of like a Tylenol fell on the floor. Also she see it as only my fault. I think she's at fault too, maybe more. I just don't think parents shouldn't be that care less. When they use stuff to get high. Also I wish I noticed it before the one year did. CPS is investigating. I just wonder your thoughts.

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was baby sitting at a family members house. A 10, 3 , and 1 year old. And apparently the one year old got a piece of a gummy bear edible pot. It was on the floor , the kids go in this area all the time. The mom knows it. It was the moms edible pot. The baby is fine. But it bugs me the mom can be so careless. It also bugs , that the mom doesn't think this is a huge accident. Because pots legal. Just no big deal. Kind of like a Tylenol fell on the floor. Also she see it as only my fault. I think she's at fault too, maybe more. I just don't think parents shouldn't be that care less. When they use stuff to get high. Also I wish I noticed it before the one year did. CPS is investigating. I just wonder your thoughts.

Well I just started a thread explaining how pot can cause psychosis after prolonged use: Medical marijuana causes psychosis...

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Because there has not been one recorded HTC overdose death, it is considered a safe substance. Habitual heavy use increased the chance of psychosis.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not a big deal. Pot, especially in small quantities(which it would be in a single gummy), is relatively harmless.
The baby was out of it. For over two hours . And there was no clue. She ate an edible pot. Until the test came back from the hospital.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have kids ever sipped a parent's alcoholic beverage?
I would think that would be irresponsible too. But this child had to go to the hospital. And the mother puts 100 percent of the blame on me. When she dropped it. I'm bugged by that. And I'm want to quit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, the mother seen the report and didn't care. About her self getting this. It doesn't matter yet with the baby. But I suspect her kids will take drugs when they get older.

Sad :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Because there has not been one recorded HTC overdose death, it is considered a safe substance. Habitual heavy use increased the chance of psychosis.

It's probably also stressful to the heart with heavy, chronic use.

I would think that would be irresponsible too. But this child had to go to the hospital. And the mother puts 100 percent of the blame on me. When she dropped it. I'm bugged by that. And I'm want to quit.

It's probably not something you shouldn't have laying around casually but it's not particularly dangerous, as Maria said. 2 hours of space cadet child is not that horrible to happen in the big scheme of things. As a child I took much worse drugs just to undergo regular medical procedures. I remember one time I was undergoing a scan and they gave me something that made everything go sideways, just so they could run some tests. I think it was a barbituate, I was acting really loopy, my mom said.

The mom should probably cut you some slack. Accidents happen. If she's so upset about it, she should have it in a medicine cabinet away from children. Just because it looks like a gummy bear doesn't mean you should handle it like food.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The mom should probably cut you some slack. Accidents happen. If she's so upset about it, she should have it in a medicine cabinet away from children. Just because it looks like a gummy bear doesn't mean you should handle it like food.
She's upset because she has to deal with CPS. And her boyfriend is blaming her. Because he's warned her about this. She's not going to fire me. I mad because a gummy bear with pot shouldn't be on the floor. When you have kids. Period. I feel I shouldn't have that worry at all. I think she's neglectful. And if wasn't my family member I would have all ready quit.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
She's upset because she has to deal with CPS. And her boyfriend is blaming her. Because he's warned her about this. She's not going to fire me. I mad because a gummy bear with pot shouldn't be on the floor. When you have kids. Period. I feel I shouldn't have that worry at all. I think she's neglectful. And if wasn't my family member I would have all ready quit.

It's unfortunate CPS was involved as I don't see any serious, permanent harm from the incident.

I will pray that God gives your family some peace and resolution to your family crisis.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Of course this will happen, and more; and it is a shame that the voters did not give any thought to the consequences of approving recreational pot when they went to the polls.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's unfortunate CPS was involved as I don't see any serious, permanent harm from the incident.

I will pray that God gives your family some peace and resolution to your family crisis.
If you really want pray for my family. Pray that she moves far from me, So I never have to see her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course this will happen, and more; and it is a shame that the voters did not give any thought to the consequences of approving recreational pot when they went to the polls.
Sadly, Because of my two of my family members smokes pot. I voted for it. With I thought they would be responsible enough. For this stuff not to happen.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Sadly, Because of my two of my family members smokes pot. I voted for it. With I thought they would be responsible enough. For this stuff not to happen.

Unless it happens repeatedly (pot being on the floor), you should just consider it an accident.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She blames you for what? You called 911 b/c the baby consumed it and had a reaction? No matter if it was pot or a gumball that the child swallowed whole, you did what you are supposed to do if you are babysitting and a kid seems to be in danger or passes out. I guess CPS got involved b/c the hospital reported them? I wouldn't be upset about the parent reacting to this. Part of being a parent is being responsible enough to put away things that could be a danger if you kid got hold of it. If you are babysitting again, do a quick sweep of the area and put dangerous stuff out of reach. Lots of things are legal, but you don't leave them out for your kid to get if they shouldn't have them. It sounds like an accident, but you can't be too careless with babies around.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She blames you for what? You called 911 b/c the baby consumed it and had a reaction? No matter if it was pot or a gumball that the child swallowed whole, you did what you are supposed to do if you are babysitting and a kid seems to be in danger or passes out. I guess CPS got involved b/c the hospital reported them? I wouldn't be upset about the parent reacting to this. Part of being a parent is being responsible enough to put away things that could be a danger if you kid got hold of it. If you are babysitting again, do a quick sweep of the area and put dangerous stuff out of reach. Lots of things are legal, but you don't leave them out for your kid to get if they shouldn't have them. It sounds like an accident, but you can't be too careless with babies around.
The father took the baby to the hospital, when he got home. I had no idea the baby was high. Neither did the mom. The mother seems to think it would have never happen on her watch. But I'm not so sure. I put some blame on her for allowing a piece to drop on the floor. She doesn't think she's at fault at all. Or that its a big deal. I don't think they're mad at me. I'm mad at the mom. Because she was careless in my mind. Of course she has no clue.

Upvote 0