• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Eczema, Motrin, and Kidneys

Al Gammate

Jun 20, 2013
United States
Visit site
✟3,848.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Y'all,

I just want to tell everyone about a health issue that scared the crap out of me.

First of all, let me provide a bit of background. In my younger years, I had developed chronic eczema that covered large areas of my skin. The itching would be so intense that it would literally drive me crazy.

For those who never had eczema, the itching is much more intense than poison ivy or any other kind of itching that you can imagine. Once the itching starts, you have to frantically scratch the skin until it bleeds profusely, resulting in a bloody mess. The frantic scratching provides only temporary itch relief. The skin will soon itch again, and the process repeats.

Doctors told me that there's no cure for eczema. That the only real treatment for eczema is to use steroid creams. Steroid creams provide temporary itch relief. That's all. Steroid creams don't cure eczema.

Given the fact that I had eczema covering large areas of my skin, and that I would have to use a lot of cream to cover those areas, I chose not to use steroid creams due to the nasty possible side effects of the creams. This left me with limited options on how I was to control the terrible itching of eczema.

Later in life, I realized that I could better tolerate eczema by doing the following: Take 3 tablets of Motrin (ibuprofen) and 1 capsule of Benadryl every morning, with the addition of 3 tablets of Vivarin to counteract drowsiness. And on some evenings, take 3 tablets of Motrin and 1 capsule of Benadryl.

I had followed this medication regimen for several years. But little did I know that if you take Motrin (ibuprofen) every day for long periods of time, you run the risk of kidney damage or collapse.

Kidney damage is a very sneaky thing. Let's suppose that you're taking Motrin (ibuprofen) every day for a long period of time. As your kidneys are being gradually damaged from the Motrin (ibuprofen), you'll have absolutely NO symptoms. The only time you'll experience symptoms is when your kidneys are permanently damaged and near collapse!

Some of the symptoms of permanently damaged and nearly collapsed kidneys are tiredness or sleepiness, needing to urinate more often than usual, foamy or bubbly urine, very swollen feet and ankles, metallic taste in mouth, dizziness and trouble concentrating, shortness of breath, nausea, itchiness, and weakness. I had all these symptoms!

As I sat in the emergency room of a local hospital with these life-threatening symptoms, I began repeating over and over again to myself one of God's promises:

" ... by whose stripes ye were healed."
- 1 Peter 2:24

I felt energy go through my kidneys and envisioned them healthy. I did this the whole time I sat in the waiting room.

Samples of urine and blood were eventually extracted from me to be tested and analyzed. When the results came in, they indicated that MY KIDNEYS WERE COMPLETELY HEALTHY!

P.S. So the story ends. But not for the eczema sufferers reading this. They're probably saying: "What about your eczema? You weren't able to use Motrin any more. So tell us about your eczema." Indeed I will.

Along the journey, I discovered that patches of eczema skin have highly concentrated staph bacteria on them. And this is what gives the patches the high-intensity itch. I also discovered that the staph bacteria can be quickly and easily killed with Lysol or Clorox wipes.

Though Lysol or Clorox wipes can quickly and easily kill staph bacteria on eczema skin, thereby killing the itch, thereby killing the rash, don't use these wipes on sensitive parts of the body. Alcohol wipes may be more appropriate to use on certain parts of the body, since they don't contain harsh disinfectant agents that Lysol and Clorox wipes contain.

Please, please, please. Follow the directions on the labels of pain medications exactly as it's written. If you do deviate from the directions, please make sure your doctor knows and is very closely following your health status. Over-the-counter medications are not to be played with - especially pain medications. I found out the hard way.

Last edited:

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your doctor is correct in that there is no cure for eczema in western medicine. That's why I stopped going to my dermatologist. Instead, I went to a hardware store and bought a can of pure gum spirits of turpentine, using 1 teaspoon to a spoonful of sugar before gulping it down with a few sips of water. Did this 5 days in a row followed by twice a week for several months. Eczema was gone by 1 or 2 weeks.

Cause of eczema: Candida overgrowth in the body.

In fact, I'm dealing with a re-occurrence of eczema myself. Took some turpentine last night.

Google "Turpentine", "Walter Last", "Dr. Jennifer Daniels" for literary references.

Applying essential oils, like peppermint, also helps.

Upvote 0