W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lord teaches us not to worry about what we will eat or what we will wear. Why then are we worrying about economics? The Lord said he would never forsake us. THe scriptures say that the Lord, not man, is our helper. Why then are we arguing over democrat vs republican leadership and their economics? Why argue over these humans when we have the Lord of Lords and King of Kings on our side? Shouldn't we be instead teaching each other to seek the kingdom, just like the Lord teaches us? Are we doing that?

Reactions: amariselle

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Lord teaches us not to worry about what we will eat or what we will wear. Why then are we worrying about economics? The Lord said he would never forsake us. THe scriptures say that the Lord, not man, is our helper. Why then are we arguing over democrat vs republican leadership and their economics? Why argue over these humans when we have the Lord of Lords and King of Kings on our side? Shouldn't we be instead teaching each other to seek the kingdom, just like the Lord teaches us? Are we doing that?

Agreed. It can be so easy to get caught up in earthly concerns. Scripture does tell us not to.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Agreed. It can be so easy to get caught up in earthly concerns. Scripture does tell us not to.
Politicians lead us into economic discontentment, so they cant be leading us to follow the Lord. They actually seem to be leading us away from the Lord.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Politicians lead us into economic discontentment, so they cant be leading us to follow the Lord. They actually seem to be leading us away from the Lord.

Yes. This does concern me, though I am not really “political.” Many Evangelicals seem to believe Trump is “Cyrus” and they ignore the fact that the leaders and advisors he has surrounded himself with are far from sound teachers.

I don’t believe Christians should be so overaly political anyway.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. This does concern me, though I am not really “political.” Many Evangelicals seem to believe Trump is “Cyrus” and they ignore the fact that the leaders and advisors he has surrounded himself with are far from sound teachers.

I don’t believe Christians should be so overaly political anyway.
Democrats do the same thing. They both fight over economics.

• Agree
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Democrats do the same thing. They both fight over economics.

Agree. I wasn’t trying to say only Republicans do so. My concern with Trump is how so many Evangelicals believe he is going to bring about a great “revival” and how he has surrounded himself with NAR and word of faith prosperity preachers, many of whom have personally met with the Pope in an ecumenical fashion.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
On the other hand.......
if Christians were to join and become active in political parties they could soon revamp the USA economy..... and change the world in many positive ways.

"And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." (Genesis 11)

Ecclesiastes 10:19"A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things. "

Churches have more potential to employ the unemployed.... underemployed... and even the nearly unemployable.... than other organizations do.

https://www.christianforums.com/thr...-should-each-have-their-own-currency.7701455/

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
On the other hand.......
if Christians were to join and become active in political parties they could soon revamp the USA economy..... and change the world in many positive ways.

I’m sure this seems possible theoretically, but there is nothing in Scripture that tells us this will ever happen or that Christians should ever pursue such political transformation of society. We are not of this world, we are told it will hate us and that we will have many trials and tribulations. We are also warned of a “great apostasy” (2 Thessalonians 2) false peace and false unity. This world is “dying” and it will pass away.

"And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." (Genesis 11)

What the people were doing in Babylon wasn't a good thing. That is why God confused them and caused them to speak different languages so that they could not understand one another. Not all unity is good or of God.

Ecclesiastes 10:19"A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things. "

Churches have more potential to employ the unemployed.... underemployed... and even the nearly unemployable.... than other organizations do.

Obviously we should care about the downtrodden. We still must remember where the real focus is, however, that is in the sharing of the Gospel of Salvation through Christ Jesus.

I haven't read that thread, but it does sound like an interesting topic.

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Agree. I wasn’t trying to say only Republicans do so. My concern with Trump is how so many Evangelicals believe he is going to bring about a great “revival” and how he has surrounded himself with NAR and word of faith prosperity preachers, many of whom have personally met with the Pope in an ecumenical fashion.
I disagree with prosperity preachers.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I disagree with prosperity preachers.

Me too. They are horrendous "wolves in sheep's clothing". Though, honestly....I don't think it's very good "sheep's clothing".

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On the other hand.......

https://www.christianforums.com/thr...-should-each-have-their-own-currency.7701455/
Or they could put their faith in the Lord's promise that he would take care of us. We dont need politicians to transform the world, we need God.

Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply [o]all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be the glory [p]forever and ever. Amen.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Me too. They are horrendous "wolves in sheep's clothing". Though, honestly....I don't think it's very good "sheep's clothing".
People see what they want to see, just as they hear what they want to hear.

• Agree
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The governments, agencies, and most religious groups have nothing to do with Yahweh's Kingdom or honoring and keeping His Word or doing as He Says.

The people who are born again today already, by the Will of the Father in Heaven, called and chosen by Him and set apart by Him for Himself, for His Plan and His Purpose in Christ Jesus,
ARE DOING HIS WORD, as you posted: "teaching each other to seek the kingdom, just like the Lord teaches us ('us' being Ekklesia, not many on earth) Are we doing that ? Most people we know are not and never will do that. We Ekklesia always do that. The world does not like that. The world hates us because it hates Jesus first, as Jesus says, so it hates all the followers of Jesus also, and we are being put to the slaughter daily as sheep, exactly as written.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The governments, agencies, and most religious groups have nothing to do with Yahweh's Kingdom or honoring and keeping His Word or doing as He Says.

The people who are born again today already, by the Will of the Father in Heaven, called and chosen by Him and set apart by Him for Himself, for His Plan and His Purpose in Christ Jesus,
ARE DOING HIS WORD, as you posted: "teaching each other to seek the kingdom, just like the Lord teaches us ('us' being Ekklesia, not many on earth) Are we doing that ? Most people we know are not and never will do that. We Ekklesia always do that. The world does not like that. The world hates us because it hates Jesus first, as Jesus says, so it hates all the followers of Jesus also, and we are being put to the slaughter daily as sheep, exactly as written.
I cant seem to get past how much politicians remind me of false teachers. They tickle our ears just like those false teachers do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To share the kingdom message with the world, we should be teaching that we dont worry about food and clothing, but instead seek the kingdom and God will supply our needs. Thats the message given by the Lord. This is not what politicians are teaching however, so they can never transform the world in any meaningful way that teaches people to seek the kingdom.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
To share the kingdom message with the world, we should be teaching that we dont worry about food and clothing, but instead seek the kingdom and God will supply our needs. Thats the message given by the Lord. This is not what politicians are teaching however, so they can never transform the world in any meaningful way that teaches people to seek the kingdom.
Correct. There are not enough Ekklesia/ politicians to tell, share, live or show the GOOD NEWS OF JESUS to more than a few people anywhere, as far as we know and the Bible Says.

Same for most places anyway - the fields might be ripe for harvest, or not (there is a great need but perhaps not to harvest? Yahweh Knows) - but there are few laborers for the field.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Or they could put their faith in the Lord's promise that he would take care of us. We dont need politicians to transform the world, we need God.

Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply [o]all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be the glory [p]forever and ever. Amen.

True... .but King David, Moses, King Solomon, the Prophet Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, Azariah..... and Queen Esther were used to transform the world of their time period............ not to mention the Patriarch Joseph.

Eze 22:30

And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
True... .but King David, Moses, King Solomon, the Prophet Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, Azariah..... and Queen Esther were used to transform the world of their time period............ not to mention the Patriarch Joseph.

Eze 22:30

And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
All of those referred to have nothing in common with leaders or governments today,
nor God's Purpose today as revealed in His Word. The world government leaders today are gathered together against God's anointed; they are opposed to Jesus, and hate the followers of Jesus.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0