Sep 16, 2003
SC
Visit site
✟13,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well worth reiterating, a point made elsewhere, and one already stated by many a Mason through the years:

"Hope" is not "assumed." And they hope to do this by the aid of the theological ladder that Jacob saw, which we know is Christ (John 1:51). In another place in some versions of the third degree, we are told that going to heaven is "through the merits of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah," who again, we know is Jesus Christ. In some of the earliest materials we find in Masonry, the central figure is Abraham, and the story focused upon is the command from God to Abraham to slay Isaac--a typological reference, of course, to Christ. Later the focus was upon Noah, and the accounts focus on the building of the ark--once again, a typological reference to Christ. Some later versions shifted from that story to the story of the Passover--again, typologically symbolizing Christ. Eventually things shifted until we now have the central focus of the third degree, the culmination of blue lodge, in the building of the temple--again, typologically symbolizing Christ, the one who declared "destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again."

The real mystery is, that so many Christian critics of Masonry simply can't even recognize the symbolism of their own religion, which has been borrowed to portray Christ symbolically within the symbolism of Masonry. Did you never wonder why choose the story of the building of the temple as the setting for an allegory designed "to symbolize the great doctrines of the resurrection of the body and the immortality of the soul?" The answer is simple: the intent was not to portray simply "resurrection," but to symbolize the resurrection of the One who symbolically spoke of the body as a temple, who declared beforehand His own resurrection, and in whose resurrection alone is the pledge of our own.

Upvote 0

Rev Wayne

Simplicity + Sincerity = Serenity
Sep 16, 2003
SC
Visit site
✟13,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well worth reiterating, a point made elsewhere, and one already stated by many a Mason through the years:
Have you a cite for this, or are you quoting yourself?

Can you actually read, or did you just miss it:

If it's a reiteration, it means emphasizing the point once again; and since it was a point made elsewhere, you shouldn't have had any trouble recognizing that it was a point made elsewhere. It seemed to have been ignored the first time around, or perhaps like usual, you just didn't read it. Since the point had come up in recent discussions, and since it drew in a couple of additional references showing the same point, it seemed most sensible, and simpler, to address it with a repost rather than complicating the matter by composing more material to include the additional supporting points.

Upvote 0

Skip Sampson

Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
✟9,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If it's a reiteration, it means emphasizing the point once again; and since it was a point made elsewhere, you shouldn't have had any trouble recognizing that it was a point made elsewhere.
You had it in quotes. But, I'll take your response as meaning: no cite. Cordially, Skip.

Upvote 0

Rev Wayne

Sep 16, 2003
SC
Visit site
✟13,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You had it in quotes.
Just as I always have done when citing something that anyone has recently posted, including myself.

But, I'll take your response as meaning: no cite.
Pretty good choice, since that's what I said.

Can't help but notice, you're posting more and more, and saying less and less.

Upvote 0

Rev Wayne

Sep 16, 2003
SC
Visit site
✟13,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
M: Is it your position that whenever the Michigan GL refers to "God," it is in fact referring to Jehovah, God of the Bible?
RW: No, it's my position that whenever ANY GL refers to "Jehovah," they have made a reference to the God of the Bible. It is, after all, the pronunciation of the four-letter Hebrew name for God as given to Moses; and is also, as far as I am aware, the singular use of the word.
Oh, the irony, now that we have the Michigan GL's statements referring interpretation of the "Lion of the Tribe of Judah" to the "Christian Dispensation!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0