• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Eating the Lamb of God - In what ways does it clarify the purpose for Christ's shed blood?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Jeff Wickham, Sep 11, 2019 at 1:04 PM.

1. Jeff Wickham

Jeff Wickham New Member

+3
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    The sin offering in the Old Testament sanctuary service symbolized the Lamb of God. The study in this video reveals that in the amazing reality to which the sin offering pointed, believers are to eat the Lamb of God.

Much is said about the importance of Christ's blood releasing us from the guilt of our sins. In what ways does the concept of eating the Lamb of God clarify the purpose for Christ's shed blood?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Active Member Supporter

+135
    Argentina
    Protestant
    Private
    we do not eat the lamb of god, we remembered him in easter day

3. Jeff Wickham

Jeff Wickham New Member

+3
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    In John 6:53, Jesus said, "Truly, truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves."

4. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+354
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    We take him into ourself and become integrated. But just as important is the sacrifice of our lives that we offer.

5. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,052
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    It is identifying with Christ's death on the cross, and that when we receive Him, we die with Him and are raised with Him to newness of life.

6. Jeff Wickham

Jeff Wickham New Member

+3
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Very good point. Most of the time when I hear people talk about the Old Testament sanctuary service, they say that all of the sacrifices represent different aspects of Jesus' ministry. Some of those sacrifices certainly do symbolize Jesus. However, Paul said, "But even if I am being poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice and share my joy with you all" (Phil. 2:17, NASB). Drink offerings were only poured upon sacrifices offered on the altar of burnt offering. Therefore, at least one of the offerings by fire had to represent the commitment of believers to God. If I am deciphering correctly, I believe the burnt offering represents that initial commitment, and the thank offerings represent the ongoing surrender. (The sin offering, guilt offering, and meal offering I believe all represent Christ.)

7. Jeff Wickham

Jeff Wickham New Member

+3
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Might you be willing to expound upon what it means to identify with Christ's death? What does that look like in practical terms?