stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for sharing these verses.

I don't see how they have anything to do with what I posted. I didn't say we are righteous/justified through the law. We ! One way to be unclean is to eat unclean animals.

(refer back to the original thread post)

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One way to be unclean is to eat unclean animals.
Are you so dull? Don't you see that NOTHING that enters a man from the outside can make him unclean? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach and then out of his body
Mark7:18&19

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Leviticus 11:43 shows us that eating unclean animals, birds, sea creatures, bugs etc defiles us and makes us unclean.

Not arguing here .... I have been eating what I think to be a very spiritual diet for months now. BUT .... having said that, John the Baptist's entire diet consisted of locusts and wild honey, and he was the best man to ever live that wasn't God in a human body. One of those two items on the menu is an insect. Did John the Baptist not inherit the kingdom of God? Because I imagine him to be pretty dirty. And locusts are so awful and disgusting that God uses swarms of them to punish people....

JS

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Are you so dull? Don't you see that NOTHING that enters a man from the outside can make him unclean? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach and then out of his body
Mark7:18&19

Hey let's not call each other names and stuff man, he's just trying to do right and understand. You can't fault him for that

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At some point we as Christians have to ask... "What does it mean to be lawless?" We see it many times in the NT. In some places we don't even realize it is there... for example... when those who come to the Lord and say, "Lord Lord have we not done ____ in your name?" And they hear, "depart from me you workers of iniquity, I never knew you"..... the word for iniquity is anomia. That word, anomia means "without law" or "lawless." So what law? Mans law... as in secular or civil law? Does God care so much if we don't follow the ordinances is MAN? Or is it lawless to stand outside of God's law and condemn it, call it a curse, bondage? We are not saved by works or obedience... but the saved are expected to obey their Lord. We are to follow the commandments because we belong to the House of God and those are His house rules. When we dig around and look for ways do what we are convinced we are supposed to do, we are acting lawlessly... by definition... that is what we are doing.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey let's not call each other names and stuff man, he's just trying to do right and understand. You can't fault him for that
I didn't call him names. I literally quoted the words of Jesus from my NIV. WORD FOR WORD

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not arguing here .... I have been eating what I think to be a very spiritual diet for months now. BUT .... having said that, John the Baptist's entire diet consisted of locusts and wild honey, and he was the best man to ever live that wasn't God in a human body. One of those two items on the menu is an insect. Did John the Baptist not inherit the kingdom of God? Because I imagine him to be pretty dirty. And locusts are so awful and disgusting that God uses swarms of them to punish people....

JS
Locusts and wild honey are clean though... many insects are clean. :) What we think is dirty... or why we think God said "that is not food" or "that is food" is not relevant. We don't question His motives and He didn't reveal them to us. So, we just do what we're told and if we're wrong we are wrong trying to obey our Father. I would rather be wrong trying to obey then be wrong doing my own thing. :) Loved your follow up post to the one I quoted... we need to remain brothers and sisters in Christ even if we don't agree here. We ARE part of the same body!

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lobster is not bad. Eating hog intestines is better than starvation.

What was bad was the Israelites stoning people for working on Saturday. When I was young and strong I loved to work overtime.

Jesus worked on Shabaht/Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What was bad was the Israelites stoning people for working on Saturday. When I was young and strong I loved to work overtime.

The problem is... God commanded them to stone... so if you are taking a position against them for doing it... you are taking a position against the God who said to do it.

As for messiah working on Saturday. You show me one verse where he worked and got paid for it? Healing is not work... it is a godly merciful act. Don't tell me you'll agree with messiah that helping a friend get his cow out of a ditch is not working and then claim he broke a commandment because he healed a man on Shabbat.

Besides... if he broke a command by definition he sinned. And if he sinned... we are still dead in ours.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

JS
Well, there are certain bugs that are clean to eat. Grasshoppers & crickets & locusts are clean. They have back legs that are jointed and jump.

Leviticus 11:20-23 NLT
You must not eat winged insects that walk along the ground; they are detestable to you.
You may, however, eat winged insects that walk along the ground and have jointed legs so they can jump.
The insects you are permitted to eat include all kinds of locusts, bald locusts, crickets, and grasshoppers
All other winged insects that walk along the ground are detestable to you.

Whatever kind of locust it would have been, would have been in line with these verses. I don't eat crickets or grasshoppers or locusts, but they ARE clean according to God for us to eat. So John would not be eating anything unclean. I have heard that crickets are very high in protein. If he was eating the bugs, he would have been getting plenty of protein. Gross to think about, but they DID call him all kind of names. We would think John was crazy if we could see him today lol.

Now, there are some that speculate that locusts refer to some kind of locust tree; that he would have been eating the locust pods. I can't confirm, but either way, his diet was within the bounds of God's law.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The law said to stone a woman to death caught in adultery. Did Jesus tell the Pharisees to stone to death a woman caught in adultery? No!
Why not? Did he sin?
No! He invoked what he termed one of the higher points of the law:
Mercy.

Good not to get too hung up on the letter of the law all the time

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Do you know what was worse than stoning the man for picking up sticks on Sabbath? Breaking God's commandment to not work and gather on the Sabbath.

If the man obeyed God in the first place, he wouldn't have been stoned. Sorta like Adam. Adam had the commandment to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good & evil, but he did it anyway, and faced the consequence: death

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I will have to try that. How to Cook Pork Intestines

I do love menudo tho, which is cow stomach and I cook 3lbs at a time...
Is that considered kosher by the Jews?

Menudo, or pancita ([little] gut or [little] stomach, from Spanish: Panza; "Gut/Stomach") is a traditional Mexican soup, made with beef stomach (tripe) in broth with a red chili pepper base.

220px-Menudo_in_Houston_TX_2013.jpg

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I don't give a crap. There's such a thing as being so heavenly minded, you're no earthly good.

I'm gonna eat my spare ribs, shrimp, crab, lobster, hot dogs, and not lose a bit of sleep over it....and I'll probably have a beer or two with my meal.

All I gotta say is that you folks who think you have to follow the dietary laws of the Isrealites better be following all 613 (I've been corrected in the number) laws in the OT.

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not sure about all of this. It offers me a great deal of anxiety to think of, because I know that I don't follow those laws. I knew it from the moment I really accepted Jesus as my savior. And If I don't get to inherit the kingdom of God because I don't follow those laws, I am very sad indeed.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't give a crap. There's such a thing as being so heavenly minded, you're no earthly good.

I'm gonna eat my spare ribs, shrimp, crab, lobster, hot dogs, and not lose a bit of sleep over it....and I'll probably have a beer or two with my meal.

All I gotta say is that you folks who think you have to follow the dietary laws of the Isrealites better be following all 613 (I've been corrected in the number) laws in the OT.
I was raised in a church, where on a Sunday they appeared so heavenly minded. I wondered what I was doing there. They all APPEARED perfect. I knew I wasnt!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
what the heck is it with all the food threads lately?
I just hope Sabbath threads don't start up.........there were so many of them, they had to make a special sub-board on GT for them.......

Sabbath and The Law
Sabbath and The Law

Sabbath day worship and keeping the law

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.