West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
New research seems to debunk conventional wisdom that beef, pork and other red meats may be harmful to us. Not putting much stock in these new findings, as I still eat only lean meat. You folks can be the judge:).

Eat Less Red Meat, Scientists Said. Now Some Believe That Was Bad Advice.
I have lost 60 pounds on keto, and one of the things with keto is not getting enough protein. Beef has a high protein to calorie ratio, especially in lean meat. You can get protein from eggs too, but Beef is full of protein. Yes more pricey protein is available, like whey protein or soy protein, but if you are on a budget for keto, I like simply frying up hamburger meat and putting a few teaspoons of it in my salad, which usually has eggs and avacado's. Other problems of keto is not getting enough electrolytes and micro nutrients. So it is good to take some supliments. I suppliment sodium quite a bit with bullion cubes, and I take a multivitamin as well as a vitamin D pill. Some people will also take a magnesium suppliment too. There are lots of keto recipes, and if you did several low calorie keto meals a day, you probably would not need to suppliment with pills. I like spinach for my main meal(which is a salad every day). I put avacado and usually two eggs and usually two to three teaspoons of hamburger meat. That gives me enough protein and vitamins, I usually suppliment fish oil too in my diet. Upper tolerances of fish oil are 4-5 grams a day of omega three. Most don't get that. Anyway, sorry to ramble. Keto works for me, specifically because I can use it for spiritual dicipline, not to have gluttony most of the time, also to dicipline my cravings. Today I had three donuts so it's not all the time, just in general. The other thing that works well with keto is intermittent fasting, me and another guy I know that fasts, started out doing a one day a week fast, then started doing it every day. That is where I am at, I eat one meal a day and fast the rest of the time. I haven't been ridgid on it for the last week or so. BUt I don't get legalistic on it, I just do it in general as a general rule. Since I have started praying and fasting, God has delivered me from many life long addictions. One was over eating, one was as it relates to purity (inappropriate contentography), another was self gratification, and another was lust in general. God has delivered me from all of those addictions, one at a time. God blesses those who follow him. I know this is stearing off topic now, but I thought I would mention it. Normally when fasting on keto, you can suppliment your electrolytes with fatty oils, for instance when fasting from solids during the day I will make a bullion broth (1 gram sodium), and put a table spoon of canola oil in it, that is about ten grams of fat. I will do that every two to four hours. During summer, or extensive sweating you will need to roughly double your sodium. Be careful to avoid high blood pressure during this process it is easy to consume too much sodium, you just have to back off and reduce your electrolytes if blood pressure spikes. Anyway, have fun with your meals, I hope I mentioned something that encouraged you.

• Winner
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The article seems to imply that the difference for your health from getting your proteins from meat instead from somewhere else is not that big.

This still leaves the downsides of meat production like animal suffering and the inefficiency of protein production from beef compared to fish or soya beans.

• Agree
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why did God say to eat meat in the Bible?

Probably people recognized even then that it is a good idea to get some meat on your diet to live healthier life. Bit like Koran forbids eating of the pork so people do not get Trichinosis - Wikipedia

Most of the religious texts adapt lots of practical advice to deal with daily life problems often in a guise of it being a theological dogma rather than a practical one to ensure it is actually followed.

Of course some of that advice is bit outdated now since our understanding of the issues involved have evolved. These include stuff like properly cooking pork or understand something about nutrition and what our body physically needs.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Probably people recognized even then that it is a good idea to get some meat on your diet to live healthier life. Bit like Koran forbids eating of the pork so people do not get Trichinosis - Wikipedia

Most of the religious texts adapt lots of practical advice to deal with daily life problems often in a guise of it being a theological dogma rather than a practical one to ensure it is actually followed.

Of course some of that advice is bit outdated now since our understanding of the issues involved have evolved. These include stuff like properly cooking pork or understand something about nutrition and what our body physically needs.
The Bible is outdated?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have lost 60 pounds on keto, and one of the things with keto is not getting enough protein. Beef has a high protein to calorie ratio, especially in lean meat. You can get protein from eggs too, but Beef is full of protein. Yes more pricey protein is available, like whey protein or soy protein, but if you are on a budget for keto, I like simply frying up hamburger meat and putting a few teaspoons of it in my salad, which usually has eggs and avacado's. Other problems of keto is not getting enough electrolytes and micro nutrients. So it is good to take some supliments. I suppliment sodium quite a bit with bullion cubes, and I take a multivitamin as well as a vitamin D pill. Some people will also take a magnesium suppliment too. There are lots of keto recipes, and if you did several low calorie keto meals a day, you probably would not need to suppliment with pills. I like spinach for my main meal(which is a salad every day). I put avacado and usually two eggs and usually two to three teaspoons of hamburger meat. That gives me enough protein and vitamins, I usually suppliment fish oil too in my diet. Upper tolerances of fish oil are 4-5 grams a day of omega three. Most don't get that. Anyway, sorry to ramble. Keto works for me, specifically because I can use it for spiritual dicipline, not to have gluttony most of the time, also to dicipline my cravings. Today I had three donuts so it's not all the time, just in general. The other thing that works well with keto is intermittent fasting, me and another guy I know that fasts, started out doing a one day a week fast, then started doing it every day. That is where I am at, I eat one meal a day and fast the rest of the time. I haven't been ridgid on it for the last week or so. BUt I don't get legalistic on it, I just do it in general as a general rule. Since I have started praying and fasting, God has delivered me from many life long addictions. One was over eating, one was as it relates to purity (inappropriate contentography), another was self gratification, and another was lust in general. God has delivered me from all of those addictions, one at a time. God blesses those who follow him. I know this is stearing off topic now, but I thought I would mention it. Normally when fasting on keto, you can suppliment your electrolytes with fatty oils, for instance when fasting from solids during the day I will make a bullion broth (1 gram sodium), and put a table spoon of canola oil in it, that is about ten grams of fat. I will do that every two to four hours. During summer, or extensive sweating you will need to roughly double your sodium. Be careful to avoid high blood pressure during this process it is easy to consume too much sodium, you just have to back off and reduce your electrolytes if blood pressure spikes. Anyway, have fun with your meals, I hope I mentioned something that encouraged you.
You just made me hungry for a 20oz Porterhouse steak with three fried eggs sunnyside up on top and then wrapped in bacon with mushrooms and onions on top of that. Thank!

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you honestly feel we should be stoning gays and be fearfull of witches and magicians ?

There is plenty of funny stuff we might not want to take too seriously

The Weirdest Rules in the Bible
You have not met my mother in law. Last time she came to visit she said if cost $350 round trip. I asked why she didn’t just take her broom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Do you honestly feel we should be stoning gays and be fearfull of witches and magicians ?

I don't think the moderators allow any opinion that suggests killing people. Nevertheless, when you reject the highest authority, you've got nothing left. I could just as easily say that witches and magicians are rotten people, and homosexuality should be punished capitally, and you would have no valid argument against it, because it's just your opinion against mine.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I completely write off all 50's-90's "nutrition science". None of that is "conventional".

Lean meat recommendations are based on bogus and junk science. I eat fatty meat, and if I can't get it fatty I add fat to it myself. Red meat is not a health risk.

Eat more fat. Eat more salt (by "salt" I mean unprocessed salt, which is sea salt. Table salt and kosher salt are no good). Cut the breads and sugars. A lean meat, low sodium and high grain diet is the exact opposite of "heart healthy", and any doctors still promoting that junk should have their medical licenses revoked. The data and science have been available for far too long to justify these destructive fables continuing for so long.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Runswithdogs
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Eating red meat all the time is bad for you, but an occasional (well-done) steak or ham will not hurt. I eat Five Guys cheeseburgers sometimes but not often enough to get colon cancer (which would be a burger a day or close to that),

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There is plenty of funny stuff we might not want to take too seriously

The Weirdest Rules in the Bible
Sir I recommend reading "when critics ask" it's a book by norman geisler. This may help out with your confusion. Take care.

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why did God say to eat meat in the Bible?

Well the diet he prescribed in Eden (Paradise) was vegetarian, unsurprisingly I suppose. Genesis 1:29

Would you take a young child to a slaughterhouse? If not, why? Would you take them to pick fruit, nuts or dig veg?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sir I recommend reading "when critics ask" it's a book by norman geisler. This may help out with your confusion. Take care.

If he can`t formulate his message succinctly enough for you to paraphrase something for this thread I think it would be waste of time.

Upvote 0