Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
When I used to believe in Jesus and follow his teachings I struggled with so many problems. But I kept believing even though the problems grew worse, and there didn't seem to be any relief. I searched the Bible for answer's to my problems but it didn't solve them.

I couldn't work out why thing's got difficult, I couldn't work out why I was struggling as a Christian. Not that I thought that everything would be easy, but why did thing's become more difficult when having faith.

Surely Jesus was there, but where was the joy, where was the love of his spirit, where was the peace he promises, where was the strength I needed. Nothing was there for me, and as I soldered on in my faith thing's only grew worse.

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Think of this in a spiritual warfare sense:

You're in a constant war with your enemy. For awhile, your enemy has been maintaining a steady fight, nothing too devastating, but a constant barrage you've become accustomed to.

Now your enemy sees you making an alliance with a much stronger power. Naturally, your enemy doesn't want you doing this, because this alliance threatens to destroy your enemy completely. So, what would any logical warlord do? Your enemy will strengthen his troops, try to dissuade you from this alliance, to keep you weak!

But if you manage to work through your enemy's attacks at this crucial time...your alliance with the much stronger force will be solidified, and the attacks will lessen, as your new ally fights with you.

Make sense? Sometimes, the spiritual warfare angle makes things make a lot more sense.

God be with you; He already is!

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Think of this in a spiritual warfare sense:

You're in a constant war with your enemy. For awhile, your enemy has been maintaining a steady fight, nothing too devastating, but a constant barrage you've become accustomed to.

Now your enemy sees you making an alliance with a much stronger power. Naturally, your enemy doesn't want you doing this, because this alliance threatens to destroy your enemy completely. So, what would any logical warlord do? Your enemy will strengthen his troops, try to dissuade you from this alliance, to keep you weak!

But if you manage to work through your enemy's attacks at this crucial time...your alliance with the much stronger force will be solidified, and the attacks will lessen, as your new ally fights with you.

Make sense? Sometimes, the spiritual warfare angle makes things make a lot more sense.

God be with you; He already is!
15 year's of fighting the good fight wears thin. 15 year's on holding on to hope crushes the soul.

But now I've left all of this behind, all of those issues I had have turned to vapor. It seemed that most of the issue's I was having are related to the belief system itself (How it made me think of myself)

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
15 year's of fighting the good fight wears thin. 15 year's on holding on to hope crushes the soul.

But now I've left all of this behind, all of those issues I had have turned to vapor. It seemed that most of the issue's I was having are related to the belief system itself (How it made me think of myself)
How do you feel about Jesus now, that you have found out the truth behind those beliefs? .. also, have you ever thought "I'm sure that can't be the way Jesus is..", so as to call those beliefs in to question?

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
How do you feel about Jesus now, that you have found out the truth behind those beliefs? .. also, have you ever thought "I'm sure that can't be the way Jesus is..", so as to call those beliefs in to question?
Knowing Jesus came down to three thing's to me

1. How I interpret the Bible
2. How I understand experience
3. How the above two effects my thinking

I was very thorough about Bible interpretation, to my own detriment it seemed. I would struggle with many parts of the Bible where God is savage.
I tried to put it in some context, that God's love had a good reason to do terrible things to us, but it just made me more confused.

The experience's behind the faith that I had left me in a constant flux of instability. Nothing I experienced had the grit to hold me down, it was a long period of time where I was just fitting in random circumstances as act's of the spirit.

Lastly the effects these things had on my mind left me with serious mental illness. Which now is almost a non issue if I stay away from magical thinking.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Knowing Jesus came down to three thing's to me

1. How I interpret the Bible
2. How I understand experience
3. How the above two effects my thinking

I was very thorough about Bible interpretation, to my own detriment it seemed. I would struggle with many parts of the Bible where God is savage.
I tried to put it in some context, that God's love had a good reason to do terrible things to us, but it just made me more confused.

The experience's behind the faith that I had left me in a constant flux of instability. Nothing I experienced had the grit to hold me down, it was a long period of time where I was just fitting in random circumstances as act's of the spirit.

Lastly the effects these things had on my mind left me with serious mental illness. Which now is almost a non issue if I stay away from magical thinking.
How about your relationship with Jesus these days? .. do you find Him effective at guiding you in the right way to think and the right things to say?

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
How about your relationship with Jesus these days? .. do you find Him effective at guiding you in the right way to think and the right things to say?
The most effective process that I've encountered within this universe is my conscience. Although my conscience is not completely infallible it is a higher reasoning faculty that is very important. It see's what it see's, and I see what I see. There's a partnership in between, and it takes more than one process to understand reality.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The most effective process that I've encountered within this universe is my conscience. Although my conscience is not completely infallible it is a higher reasoning faculty that is very important. It see's what it see's, and I see what I see. There's a partnership in between, and it takes more than one process to understand reality.
It sounds like you can still learn a bit more about where the spirit fits in that judgement. The conscience is an asset to the spirit, that serves with memory to bear personal witness, as it is, essentially, our own conscious judgement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The spirit is a realm where the persons are known, and therefore the soul may or may not be aware of the spirit in which it operates at the time, and depending upon their spiritual awareness, may even come to recognise The Holy Spirit as a person of a common quality and knowledge - as the judgement (conviction of the conscience) comes through the words of the ones in the world around us - because we are individuals sharing the same reality, colliding with each other at times.. but the spirit is not constrained to places as such.. the spirit is within a person, hence Luke 17:20-21: "the kingdom of God is in your midst".

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It sounds like you can still learn a bit more about where the spirit fits in that judgement. The conscience is an asset to the spirit, that serves with memory to bear personal witness, as it is, essentially, our own conscious judgement.
How many voice's do you want in your head anyway, there's your mind, your conscience, then there's the spirit of God. Too many voice's for you to work out, then there's the demonic world that you have to contend with.

Who can work all this out and still be free to think for themselves. No wonder so many Christians go psychotic, their mind is inventing and reinventing thought's of thing's that are simply not there.

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The spirit is a realm where the persons are known, and therefore the soul may or may not be aware of the spirit in which it operates at the time, and depending upon their spiritual awareness, may even come to recognise The Holy Spirit as a person of a common quality and knowledge - as the judgement (conviction of the conscience) comes through the words of the ones in the world around us - because we are individuals sharing the same reality, colliding with each other at times.. but the spirit is not constrained to places as such.. the spirit is within a person, hence Luke 17:20-21: "the kingdom of God is in your midst".
Get 10 Christians to answer a biblical question determined by their spiritual insight, and most of them say different thing's. Even though they all believe they have a connection with Gods spirit they arrive at different conclusions.

Don't you think that the process that God chose to communicate with his believer's is one that's bound to fail. God of the Bible let's his people talk on his behalf, even though this seems normal to believer's it is plagued with problems.

• Agree
Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How many voice's do you want in your head anyway, there's your mind, your conscience, then there's the spirit of God. Too many voice's for you to work out, then there's the demonic world that you have to contend with.

Who can work all this out and still be free to think for themselves. No wonder so many Christians go psychotic, their mind is inventing and reinventing thought's of thing's that are simply not there.
I only ever have one voice in my head .. but yeah we all have to figure out what to make of it and how to live with it. I don't know if anybody doesn't sometimes wonder where their ideas come from.. but I've had quite some practice at discerning those origins you have mentioned (if you are saying conscience is part of one's self.. it isn't a voice per-se but rather I would say it is a source of self-confidence in a moment of accusation).
Get 10 Christians to answer a biblical question determined by their spiritual insight, and most of them say different thing's. Even though they all believe they have a connection with Gods spirit they arrive at different conclusions.
It wouldn't be us though.. we are all in agreement. It is only those who really don't know the spirit realm. Those who aren't like the ones you mentioned above .. rather they are like what you have chosen today.. the ones afraid of venturing into the spiritual realm. As I showed you, mentioned in 1 Corinthians 2:14-15, they are carnal. The carnal mind makes up and steals it's answers to all the questions, whereas the one who is born again actually follows the spirit of truth - we do sometimes repent (not often: Proverbs 15:28) - just whenever it is necessary (James 4:5-6).
Don't you think that the process that God chose to communicate with his believer's is one that's bound to fail.
Not necessarily (John 10:27-30). There is plenty of evidence that it works, even in this day.
God of the Bible let's his people talk on his behalf, even though this seems normal to believer's it is plagued with problems.
Well, I'd rather suggest that anyone who claims to speak on God's behalf really isn't His (Jeremiah 23:31). The way God speaks is through His spirit .. so if He has something to say to you through words that come through my fingers, I don't claim to be the one who is saying it: Revelation 19:10: "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy" (do you remember what I explained to you about the name of Jesus being more than the phonetic sound? .. it is about summoning a common knowledge of His identity: Matthew 18:20).

Don't be afraid! .. God is good, and I know He loves all people. It really is about getting to know what love is, in order to clearly discern Him from the others.

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I only ever have one voice in my head .. but yeah we all have to figure out what to make of it and how to live with it. I don't know if anybody doesn't sometimes wonder where their ideas come from.. but I've had quite some practice at discerning those origins you have mentioned (if you are saying conscience is part of one's self.. it isn't a voice per-se but rather I would say it is a source of self-confidence in a moment of accusation).

It wouldn't be us though.. we are all in agreement. It is only those who really don't know the spirit realm. Those who aren't like the ones you mentioned above .. rather they are like what you have chosen today.. the ones afraid of venturing into the spiritual realm. As I showed you, mentioned in 1 Corinthians 2:14-15, they are carnal. The carnal mind makes up and steals it's answers to all the questions, whereas the one who is born again actually follows the spirit of truth - we do sometimes repent (not often: Proverbs 15:28) - just whenever it is necessary (James 4:5-6).

Not necessarily (John 10:27-30). There is plenty of evidence that it works, even in this day.

Well, I'd rather suggest that anyone who claims to speak on God's behalf really isn't His (Jeremiah 23:31). The way God speaks is through His spirit .. so if He has something to say to you through words that come through my fingers, I don't claim to be the one who is saying it: Revelation 19:10: "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy" (do you remember what I explained to you about the name of Jesus being more than the phonetic sound? .. it is about summoning a common knowledge of His identity: Matthew 18:20).

Don't be afraid! .. God is good, and I know He loves all people. It really is about getting to know what love is, in order to clearly discern Him from the others.
You fling around the word evidence a lot, you know what evidence means. Using Bible verse's to prove your point is not evidence, or how you build a case for a theory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You fling around the word evidence a lot, you know what evidence means. Using Bible verse's to prove your point is not evidence, or how you build a case for a theory.
:scratch: .. I don't know what more I can say to help when you begin to talk like that. You simply don't have enough excuse to say such things after all that you've learned these past couple of days, and it is evident in your spirit. That's an idea, I suppose..

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
:scratch: .. I don't know what more I can say to help when you begin to talk like that. You simply don't have enough excuse to say such things after all that you've learned these past couple of days, and it is evident in your spirit. That's an idea, I suppose..
I say it because belief in God is dependent on personal experiences, and is not open to being rigidly tested. The Bible is the only source that the believer has when determining their beliefs, and the Christian is deterred when investigating the claims of the Bible outside the Bible.

There is really nothing outside the Bible that proves the veracity of it's claims, and the believer has to depend on the Bible alone. It was when I looked outside the holy scriptures for evidence I ran into trouble. Any belief system that is telling you not to trust anything or anyone outside itself is isolating you so you remain subservient.

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Jelly Lisha.