✟429,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hello all,

I'm preparing for a move in a few weeks and when I was going through the boxes of books in my garage this morning I found three titles on various aspects of the EO church that I didn't think I had anymore. I'd like to offer them to anyone here who might find them beneficial.

The titles are the ever-popular Orthodox Church by Timothy Ware, Orthodox Alaska: A Theology of Mission by Michael Oleksa, and Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy by Andrew Stephen Damick.

I'm not looking to make money or anything, just find a good home for books that would otherwise go to the Goodwill and probably from there eventually get tossed. :eek:

Please PM me if you're interested (note: I might not be able to get back to you right away since I've got an early meeting tomorrow, so it's early to bed early to rise around these parts, but I will reply as soon as I am able). And to whoever takes them: thank you for helping lighten the moving load by a pound or two. Every little bit helps! :)

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The Ware and Damick books are spoken for as of a moment ago, but if anyone's interested in a very interesting book on Eastern Orthodoxy in Alaska, Fr. Michael's book is a nice one.

Here he is giving a talk on Russian-Native Alaskan interactions and indigenous Alaskan spirituality at Villanova. He has apparently lived and worked in Alaska for over 30 years (the copyright on that book is 1992, so it's nearly that old by itself), and his experience shows in his approach to the subject.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If I may jump in on this - I have a Psalter from Holy Transfiguration Monastery that is anyone's for the taking. It is very well-bound. I don't care for the translation, but you may.

Edit: Psalter taken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0