France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Easter is getting closer and closer, and the more time goes on, the more I realize how hard this is going to be: I don't know for you, as we all are from different areas on earth, but I will have no other choice than to watch Easter Vigil on TV, as we did for the past two weeks. I know we'll make it as holy & praying as we could, but I also know that there will be no Eucharist for us this year at Easter. Honestly, it breaks my heart. There is no way out, nothing can be done & we should accept that, but it truly breaks my heart. Seeing the Eucharist on the screen, but not being able to 'touch' it, even at Easter, the holiest day of the year, it breaks my heart. Seeing Christ so close to us, but without being able to get closer, it's painful. It even made my uncle cry last sunday.
Just needed to share it with you, as I know many of you will understand. We will all need to be united in prayers, I need to feel united to my fellows brothers in such times.

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Easter is getting closer and closer, and the more time goes on, the more I realize how hard this is going to be: I don't know for you, as we all are from different areas on earth, but I will have no other choice than to watch Easter Vigil on TV, as we did for the past two weeks. I know we'll make it as holy & praying as we could, but I also know that there will be no Eucharist for us this year at Easter. Honestly, it breaks my heart. There is no way out, nothing can be done & we should accept that, but it truly breaks my heart. Seeing the Eucharist on the screen, but not being able to 'touch' it, even at Easter, the holiest day of the year, it breaks my heart. Seeing Christ so close to us, but without being able to get closer, it's painful. It even made my uncle cry last sunday.
Just needed to share it with you, as I know many of you will understand. We will all need to be united in prayers, I need to feel united to my fellows brothers in such times.
This will be my SECOND Easter without mass. The first was years ago when I was overseas in a predominantly Muslim country and there was no mass in my neck of the Sahel. What worked for me then was a shortwave radio and the Liturgy of the Hours. It's my thinking that the Liturgy of the Hours and televised masses. Strange world, where there are no masses, and not even on Easter. But wonderful world where we can watch the mass from churches of our choosing from around the world. I can watch my parish mass, from the Cathedral, from other parishes and cathedrals by noted pastors. I'm not 'stuck' at my local parish.

• Friendly
Reactions: thehehe
Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Strange world, where there are no masses, and not even on Easter. But wonderful world where we can watch the mass from churches of our choosing from around the world.
Thank you, for always telling the right thing at the right time!

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Yeah I'm having a hard time even wrapping my head around the thought of no Mass, no celebration of any kind happening for the single most important event in salvation history, human history...of all time.

This is the first time since Constantine the Great was Emperor that no public Easter Mass will be said in Rome.

Think about that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah I'm having a hard time even wrapping my head around the thought of no Mass, no celebration of any kind happening for the single most important event in salvation history, human history...of all time.

This is the first time since Constantine the Great was Emperor that no Easter Mass will be said in Rome.

Think about that.
I think Mass will be said in Rome. But it will be streamed and broadcast with no live audiences.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seeing Christ so close to us, but without being able to get closer, it's painful. It even made my uncle cry last sunday.

I understand it is hard not to cry as I watch my Bishop and his helpers present the Eucharist. In fact this Sunday last I could hold it in no longer and cried in the shower because I miss it so. There is no other place I want to be on Earth than Church and serving and partaking of Christ. I will pray for you all, pray for us please

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟293,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

This is the first time since Constantine the Great was Emperor that no public Easter Mass will be said in Rome.

Think about that.

Its a disgrace! The restrictions should be lifted for easter vigil and easter day.
This goes for Rome and the rest of the world. We need Christ in the midst of this plague!

Lord have mercy on us!

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I understand it is hard not to cry as I watch my Bishop and his helpers present the Eucharist. In fact this Sunday last I could hold it in no longer and cried in the shower because I miss it so. There is no other place I want to be on Earth than Church and serving and partaking of Christ. I will pray for you all, pray for us please

This is so beautiful to hear!

Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0