Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So do you think people should stop painting eggs?
Just in the the name of Pascha.
If they still would like to paint eggs, otherwise, knock yourself out. It's just food art.
(That is what a garde-manger does professionally.)

You never did answer about which discontinuation would bolster atheism.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just in the the name of Pascha.
If they still would like to paint eggs, otherwise, knock yourself out. It's just food art.
(That is what a garde-manger does professionally.)

You never did answer about which discontinuation would bolster atheism.
Easter is a religion type holiday in America so is Christmas. There is not many days that honor anything of God. If those days was to turn into just another day. I'm sure atheist wouldn't mind they think it's all silly anyway.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Easter is a religion type holiday in America so is Christmas. There is not many days that honor anything of God. If those days was to turn into just another day. I'm sure atheist wouldn't mind they think it's all silly anyway.
Abandoning extraneous religious artifacts does not mean abandoning Pascha altogether.
Christmas has the same problems.
Some Bible scholars have a great Biblical rationale about how Jesus was likely born during Feast of Tabernacles.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ukranian Pascha egg. These can be works of religious art.
1683200158147.png

Upvote 0

Deborah~

Christ our Passover
Feb 18, 2017
Mobile, AL
✟22,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
So I've been investigating the easter origins ...
Your investigation is rather one-sided. The claims you are posting are the anti-Christian version about the origins of Easter. However, you will note there is no actual historical or archaeological evidence cited to support those claims. The reason is that they are all myths, invented by the fevered imagination of virulently anti-Catholic and equally anti-Christian opponents.

The actual historical evidence proves the opposite: that Easter is a Christian observance dating back to New Testament times. And following the history of the Christian observance of Easter through the centuries shows the development of the customs and traditions associated with Easter. Easter eggs, baby chicks, bunny rabbits, baskets lined with grass and filled with candies, all have their origins in the simple lives of Christians observing the faith and the Easter season in the most Biblical of manners ... fasting and feasting.

I have not yet taken time to read all the posts here, but I would like to, and to respond to the many issues that are part of the Easter story. But I did want to make a general comment and point out the lack of actual historical and archaeological evidence as the chief argument against the claims being made of pagan origins for what is and always has been a Christian observance.

In Christ,
Deborah~

Upvote 0