• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Ease & disease

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Sink' started by Peter John, Feb 21, 2020.

1. pleinmont

pleinmont Active Member

+213
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Married
    I will criticise Christian extremists who are as damaging as extremists of other faiths and just as crazy, in my experience.

2. Peter John

Peter John Member

+75
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    An extremist Muslem will put a suicide vest on, & blow up random people.
    Extremist Catholics, in the past, have killed millions, in the Crusades, for not taking part in their Mass.
    I am an extremist Christian, who dies daily to self, so I can live by His Holy Spirit, & I don't hurt anyone, apart from if I have spoken Truth to them, & their feelings are hurt. Does that make me crazy? Probably, because as the 1Cor4v10 says
    We are fools for Christ’s sake, but you are wise in Christ!

3. Peter John

Peter John Member

+75
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    You better make sure you can be at ease with God, as Corona disease bites deeper round the world. Here in the UK 32 people came back from the cruise ship, who were negative of the virus, but 4 have tested positive, since coming back, & that is only going to spread. The 'Contagion' film, with Matt Damon & Kate Winslet, is playing out for real. Revelation is truly playing out in these last times before everything changes.

4. Cimorene

Cimorene Self-banned Supporter

+5,906
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    I think everybody should do their best to take care of themselves - eat healthy, exercise, see the dentist & doctor for routine maintenance checkups, stay up to date on vaccines. That said there's only so much that can be done bc some health problems occur regardless of how well u take care of yourself. There's not always fairness to disease, ppl who do a great job taking care of themselves can get one, someone who fills themself w rubbish & is lazy may never get one. So having attainable health care & treatment available is super important.

5. Peter John

Peter John Member

+75
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    There won't be a vaccine for months for this disease, by then it will have mutated. Your only protection is to take nano silver, which protects your immune system.

6. Cimorene

+5,906
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    I see that you're over 65 & living in the UK. You are way, way, way, way, WAY more likely to get pneumonia or shingles than you are the coronavirus.

7. Peter John

Peter John Member

+75
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    See if you can say that in a month's time. The last 15yrs my Faith has increased, along with my health, as I don't take medicines anymore. The 14 day quarantine period is wrong, & should be more like 24-30 days, so that is going to escalate the bug, so be prepared!

8. Cimorene

+5,906
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    Lol. Yeah I'll be able to say that in a month's time, but look if this is what you want to believe, knock yourself out.

9. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Member

+108
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Your medical degree informs you of this?

10. Peter John

Peter John Member

+75
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    On Global News there is a Chinese man of 70yrs, who incubated the virus for 27 days, before showing symptoms. Don't need a degree, just eyes & ears.

11. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Member

+108
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    So he broke the rules? How dare he. OK shoot him for his insolence.:amen:

12. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+10,413
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Medical science is concerned with sickness, not health. ;)

13. pleinmont

pleinmont Active Member

+213
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Married
    It is also concerned with keeping people well and in good health.

14. OldWiseGuy

+10,413
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    So why are so many not well and in good health?

15. pleinmont

pleinmont Active Member

+213
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Married
    And why do people who rely on religion fare even worse?

16. OldWiseGuy

+10,413
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    That's something we cannot know.

My religion guides me to make good health decisions, which includes medical care. :bow:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  17. pleinmont

pleinmont Active Member

+213
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Married
    But surely you shouldn't need religion to help you do that?

18. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,648
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    It is not an either or situation.

19. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,648
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    That's an extreme statement for an agnostic. From what I can tell every religion is based upon some form of hard factual evidence. While some of science is based strictly upon an imaginary thing and speculation about that imaginary thing.

20. pleinmont

pleinmont Active Member

+213
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Married
    Some crazy people rely on religion to make them well or their children well, and refuse medical treatment, some have died as a result. In the case of refusing treatment for your children that should be illegal. Here in the UK I believe they are taken to court if they object to their child being treated medically for a serious condition.