Earthquake in Japan

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yep praying. Most of my friends are accounted for, except three. One of my friends in California hasn't heard word from her mom in Sendai, the neighborhood was demolished. Its so surreal, I lived 3hrs by train south of where it happened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Tectonic Physics causes Earthquakes, plates under pressure do extreme things when pulled apart, forced together or slipstreamed and we suffer the consequences.

Meanwhile, prayers to the gods forr the people of Japan!

Upvote 0

Brad2009

Feb 10, 2009
USA
✟9,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
According to christians here, God caused the earthquake: http://www.christianforums.com/t7543097/

(Note: I do NOT believe this.)

What do you believe then? Do you believe God is not in control?

I would not condemn the Japanese people, but to say that the earthquake occured, IN SPITE OF GOD'S WILL TO THE CONTRARY, is blasphemy in my view.

Relevant scripture:

Luke 13:4-5
4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good news, my friends mom is ok from Sendai. She is busy helping others. One friend left yet to hear from, NOriko. Praying she is ok. Otherwise surrounding areas around Tokyo are rationing electricity and lines are long for food. Praying.

Upvote 0