• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Earthly justice vs. eternal justice

singpraise

Dec 2, 2016
US
✟18,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One thing that will help you immensely is to immediately stop yourself from seeking out any information about him on social media.

Another thing that may help is to seek Christian counseling to help you recover and heal from his abuse.

My heart goes out to you in your suffering because I have also been previously involved in an abusive relationship. What helps me the most is remembering to be thankful to God that I'm no longer in that situation and count my blessings every day for the freedom from that bondage. It is hard to forgive, but it will help set you free when you can do so.

Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing that will help you immensely is to immediately stop yourself from seeking out any information about him on social media.

Another thing that may help is to seek Christian counseling to help you recover and heal from his abuse.

My heart goes out to you in your suffering because I have also been previously involved in an abusive relationship. What helps me the most is remembering to be thankful to God that I'm no longer in that situation and count my blessings every day for the freedom from that bondage. It is hard to forgive, but it will help set you free when you can do so.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I definitely plan to stay away from social media from now on. Though sometimes the curiosity does get the better of me.

I did get counseling years ago when I first left him. It might be time to start again. I know I could use some help with this.

You are right, expressing gratitude for being free of the abuse does give me some peace. God has blessed me by freeing me. I want to forgive, but I know I am not quite there yet.

Upvote 0

singpraise

Dec 2, 2016
US
✟18,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I definitely plan to stay away from social media from now on. Though sometimes the curiosity does get the better of me.

I did get counseling years ago when I first left him. It might be time to start again. I know I could use some help with this.

You are right, expressing gratitude for being free of the abuse does give me some peace. God has blessed me by freeing me. I want to forgive, but I know I am not quite there yet.

It is very difficult to forgive when someone we love hurts us deeply. I know that well. When I feel anger or unforgiveness towards my ex I let the feelings come but then I make the choice to not hang onto or dwell on them any longer. It's over, I survived and I learned from the experience. I know God gave me a spirit, not of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. I know all sin is washed away by the Blood of Christ, including my own past sin. How can I not forgive? We must forgive as we have been forgiven. It's a process!

Forgiving the one who hurt you helps you become free from the toxicity of hate. Hating him only hurts you, not him. What he did to you was unfair. Yes, it was. Accept it and move on. If you slide back then pick yourself up and move forward again until finally you become healed. I rarely think about my ex any more and I use zero social media, which helps, I'm sure. Good luck to you!

Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is very difficult to forgive when someone we love hurts us deeply. I know that well. When I feel anger or unforgiveness towards my ex I let the feelings come but then I make the choice to not hang onto or dwell on them any longer. It's over, I survived and I learned from the experience. I know God gave me a spirit, not of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. I know all sin is washed away by the Blood of Christ, including my own past sin. How can I not forgive? We must forgive as we have been forgiven. It's a process!

Forgiving the one who hurt you helps you become free from the toxicity of hate. Hating him only hurts you, not him. What he did to you was unfair. Yes, it was. Accept it and move on. If you slide back then pick yourself up and move forward again until finally you become healed. I rarely think about my ex any more and I use zero social media, which helps, I'm sure. Good luck to you!

Thank you. Knowing that you've come so far gives me hope that I can as well. It's high time that I healed from the past hurts.

Upvote 0