Earth, then light (Big Bang), Created on Day One; Sun, Moon and Stars Created on Day Four

Creation day 1 - 4 could have been very long, even millions of, 'present day years', long.

• This concept is allowable for a Creationist.

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • This concept is unallowable for a Creationist

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • The biblical definition of 'day', is one dark, light, cycle; Not 24 hours, until Day Four

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A huge light in the universe. Many scientists refer to it as 'The Big Bang'.
How it couldn't have been according to the exact wording of the chapter -- post #77 (one major piece of which is how the Earth was in darkness in verse 2, but see additional details in that post). There is an explanation that fits all the text perfectly and mainstream astrophysics also, both. It relies in part on being familiar with more of the Bible, how God uses visions to communicate (1 Sam 3:1). (also see post #85)

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A huge light in the universe. Many scientists refer to it as 'The Big Bang'.

So, the expansion event is now back to being a "bang"? Goodness, and so many evolutionists and believers in the great expansion, told me it's an insult to call the event a "bang", and to refer to it as a great expansion instead.

Just how bright was it? Also, how exactly did Earth form BEFORE the expansion event? You can't just take a theory and add to it to suit your beliefs like this, especially if you wish to be considered credibile to anyone who cares about science or at least scientific theories such as the expansion event.

Expanding further, how did the light of the expansion event reach Earth to create (day), since you seem to believe Earth came veggie the expansion event? How is that even possible?
:blush1:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, the expansion event is now back to being a "bang"? Goodness, and so many evolutionists and believers in the great expansion, told me it's an insult to call the event a "bang", and to refer to it as a great expansion instead.

Hello Sunlight,
As a Christian Creationist, I consider it an insult for atheist scientist to refer to God's 'Let There Be Light', as 'the expansion event'.

• Agree
Reactions: Zetetica
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also, how exactly did Earth form BEFORE the expansion event? You can't just take a theory and add to it to suit your beliefs like this, especially if you wish to be considered credibile to anyone who cares about science or at least scientific theories such as the expansion event.
you said, 'how exactly did Earth form BEFORE the expansion event?', really? I have an Omnipotent God who is Creator! Atheist scientists do not. This is where the confusion sets in.

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you said, 'how exactly did Earth form BEFORE the expansion event?', really? I have an Omnipotent God! Atheist scientists do not. This is where the confusion sets in.

Eh, I'd rather not bother with the whole expansion mess to begin with. I'm happy, existing in the system God designed for me and the rest of humanity.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can't just take a theory and add to it to suit your beliefs like this, especially if you wish to be considered credibile to anyone who cares about science or at least scientific theories such as the expansion event.

Hello Sunlight,
It is atheist scientists who have taken God's Bible to suit their own beliefs. In order for their 'singularity' theory to be true, earth has to have come from the 'Big Bang' and not have been in existence already at the time of the 'Big Bang'. Thus atheist scientist say the Bible is wrong and earth, with its scientifically measured youthfulness, could not have been there at the time of the 'Big Bang'.

When earth is put outside the 'Big Bang', as God says it was, now God can use Time Dilation to deliver a young earth, which predates the 'Big Bang', into the orbit of an older sun, which was created after our earth.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To everyone else. Atheist scientists believe that the mass of one septillion stars, just suddenly popped into existence, on the head of a needle, on it's own, not needing God's help, and this is atheist scientists 'Big Bang Theory'. Atheist scientists cannot fathom how we Christians could actually believe that God had created little old earth, before 'their', Big Bang 'singularity'.

Hard to believe, but this is how atheistic science works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zelosravioli

Believer
Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2014
Northern California
✟146,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To everyone else. Atheist scientists believe that the mass of one septillion stars, just suddenly popped into existence, on the head of a needle, on it's own, not needing God's help, and this is atheist scientists 'Big Bang Theory'. Atheist scientists cannot fathom how we Christians could actually believe that God had created little old earth, before 'their', Big Bang 'singularity'.

Hard to believe, but this is how atheistic science works.
I don't believe there is a monolithic agreement on the big bang, origin or beginnings of the Universe among atheists, nor among agnostic physicists.

Seems there are a variety of theories.
I go along with the big bang theory, primarily because all the galaxies are flying away from one another. I do not believe anything evolved on account of this though, God designed earth specially and I believe God managed and set things in motion purposefully, even if He started the expansion from one place, it needent have been a bang though - but purely His power.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On Day One, God created earth. Then God said "Let There Be Light". I think it is obvious that the first light in the Universe was, what scientist refer to as, 'The Big Bang'. Earth was created first, and then the Big Bang was Commanded by God to come into existence.

Earth does not come into our sun's orbit till day four of Creation. So the conclusion is, that earth is getting it's light from the Big Bang, on Creation days one through part of day four. It is on day four that earth enters into orbit around our sun, and thus 24 hour day and night, month, and year, cycles, begin.

What is interesting is that plant life is already created on day three, before we have our sun.

As I have already explained in other posts: Using Time Dilation, Billions of years of Star Formation Can Occur in Six Days. It is scientifically allowable to get a young earth, from its origin, of before God creates light (The Big Bang), to the day Adam was made, in six 24 hour days, using scientifically proven Time Dilation. However, as for days one through part of day four, days are not locked into a 24 hour period yet. Depending on just how fast, or in this case, how slow, earth is rotating, days could even be tens of millions of, 'present day years', long, on day one through four, of Creation.

Lets discuss this.

Genesis 1:1 The Story of Creation.

Day One
In the beginning
, when God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form or shape, with darkness over the abyss and a mighty wind sweeping over the waters—

Then God said: Let there be light, and there was light.

God saw that the light was good. God then separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” Evening came, and morning followed—the first day.

Day Three
Then God said: Let the earth bring forth vegetation: every kind of plant that bears seed and every kind of fruit tree on earth that bears fruit with its seed in it. And so it happened: the earth brought forth vegetation: every kind of plant that bears seed and every kind of fruit tree that bears fruit with its seed in it. God saw that it was good. Evening came, and morning followed—the third day.
Day Four
Then God said: Let there be lights in the dome of the sky, to separate day from night. Let them mark the seasons, the days and the years, and serve as lights in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth. And so it happened: God made the two great lights, the greater one to govern the day, and the lesser one to govern the night, and the stars.

God set them in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. God saw that it was good. Evening came, and morning followed—the fourth day.
There was light before the sun and the moon that gave light to other parts of the universe. We are just stuck to our planet and what surrounds us but there is so much more beyond us, the rest of the celestial expanse. So if God creates light out there and then specifically creates the sun and then the moon in our region it makes total sense.

• Agree
Reactions: zelosravioli
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The earth is formless and void when God created light. It is not yet a material reality. Light enters this formless void and judgement takes place. Light enters the formless void and is separated from the darkness. This is the fall of the angels. Yet to become material, creation is bound to futility and decay. Romans 8.20. Matter begins to form in the light of the following days.

Two Cents

Upvote 0

Sound Doctrine

Endure Sound Doctrine
Site Supporter
May 31, 2018
Eastern Time Zone US
✟163,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if we forget what we've been taught about the universe outside the Bible, and concentrate our thinking based strictly on what is taught in the Bible, the answers are clear and correct. I see truth and falsehood in the posts I've read, though I have not read all of them.

Upvote 0

zelosravioli

Believer
Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2014
Northern California
✟146,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
if we forget what we've been taught about the universe outside the Bible, and concentrate our thinking based strictly on what is taught in the Bible, the answers are clear and correct. I see truth and falsehood in the posts I've read, though I have not read all of them.
Note that even scripture asks us to observe the world around us, count the stars Abraham, observe the ant, the sparrows, lilies, leopards, the wind, the sea, seek wisdom, scripture does not demand we keep our head in the sand, there is no law against reason, seeking knowledge or wisdom.

'The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. (Psalm 19:1)

“But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
8 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you.
9 Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this?
10 In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. (Job 12)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Meeting of Minds

All God has to do, to construct billions of years of star formation, in six days on earth, is to put earth at near the speed of light; doing so gives us our true image of God building billions of years of universe around earth, in six days on earth, due to Time Dilation. What putting earth at near the speed of light does not do, is account for the appearance of the passing of millions of years of physical time on earth itself. Thus the reason for my poll.

Billions of years old space dust, falling to earth, can account for radiometric dating of such dust, that has since formed into dinosaur bone fossils. However, Erosion of canyons, building of mountains, tree growth rings, and the like, give the image of the passing of millions of 'present day years'. This can be accounted for with slow passing days, equivalent to 'present day millions of years', in Day One through Day Four of Creation. However, this is not the feeling we get when reading about God's Week of Creation, in Genesis.

God Commands us to rest on the seventh day of our week, as God Himself rested on the Seventh Day of His, Week of Creation. The Meeting of Minds, is where two consciousnesses, God's and man's, meet. When future man flies his, near light speed star ship, 13.8 billion light years, in six days, 13.8 billion years has then transpired back on earth, during the same six day period of physical time. Man can (when he develops a near light speed star ship) watch the passage of 13.8 billion years (the number science puts on the duration of time since creation), from any rate of elapsing physical time he wants, simply by adjusting his velocity. Similarly, God put His Conscious observation of the duration of Creation at seven earth days. It is God's Consciousness which tells man's consciousness, how the Week of Creation transpired.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sound Doctrine

Endure Sound Doctrine
Site Supporter
May 31, 2018
Eastern Time Zone US
✟163,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Meeting of Minds

All God has to do, to construct billions of years of star formation, in six days on earth, is to put earth at near the speed of light; doing so gives us our true image of God building billions of years of universe around earth, in six days on earth, due to Time Dilation. What putting earth at near the speed of light does not do, is account for the appearance of the passing of millions of years of physical time on earth itself. Thus the reason for my poll.

Billions of years old space dust, falling to earth, can account for radiometric dating of such dust, that has since formed into dinosaur bone fossils. However, Erosion of canyons, building of mountains, tree growth rings, and the like, give the image of the passing of millions of 'present day years'. This can be accounted for with slow passing days, equivalent to 'present day millions of years', in Day One through Day Four of Creation. However, this is not the feeling we get when reading about God's Week of Creation, in Genesis.

God Commands us to rest on the seventh day of our week, as God Himself rested on the Seventh Day of His, Week of Creation. The Meeting of Minds, is where two consciousnesses, God's and man's, meet. When future man flies his, near light speed star ship, 13.8 billion light years, in six days, 13.8 billion years has then transpired back on earth, during the same six day period of physical time. Man can (when he develops a near light speed star ship) watch the passage of 13.8 billion years (the number science puts on the duration of time since creation), from any rate of elapsing physical time he wants, simply by adjusting his velocity. Similarly, God put His Conscious observation of the duration of Creation at seven earth days. It is God's Consciousness which tells man's consciousness, how the Week of Creation transpired.

Age of the earth cannot be measured, as all radiometric dating types give differing results being millions or even billions of years variance. Carbon dating can only be used on biological matter. God spoke the stars, sun, and moon into existence. He spoke and made man in His own image out of the dust of the earth. Before He said "Let there be light", it was "in the beginning," when time had not yet been created by God. On day 1, God's light shone on the earth to make the day, and the dark half night, making our 24-hour day. The subsequent days are all 24 hour days, day and night into account, the sun then being made and the moon, with all the rotations and revolutions in play. Then the stars also, with their beams of light reaching the earth from their locations where God put them. So no Big Bang took place; God spoke the stars and their lights which we see on earth into existence. The universe is 6,000 years old. Beware of false science, falsely so called. 1 Timothy 6:20-21 - "20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith."

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
On day 1, God's light shone on the earth to make the day, and the dark half night, making our 24-hour day.

Creation Day Four
Then God said: Let there be lights in the dome of the sky, to separate day from night. Let them mark the seasons, the days and the years, and serve as lights in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth. And so it happened: God made the two great lights, the greater one to govern the day, and the lesser one to govern the night, and the stars.

God set them in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. God saw that it was good. Evening came, and morning followed—the fourth day.

Hello Sound Doctrine,
God tells us that He created the sun, moon and stars on the Fourth Day of Creation. God says that it is with the creation of the sun and moon, on the fourth day, that the days and the years will be marked (with the 24 hour day).

You are in error of scriptures, and in error of sound doctrine, when you say this happened on Day 1 of Creation.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Zetetica
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Peter 3:8
But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day.

A thousand years is a euphemism for an indefinite period of time.

• Psalm 90:4
  • For a thousand years in your sight are like yesterday when it is past, or like a watch in the night.

• Ecclesiastes 6:6
  • even if he lives a thousand years twice—but has not seen goodness. Do not all go to one place?

• Revelation 20:2
  • He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

• Revelation 20:3
  • and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Upvote 0