Earth, then light (Big Bang), Created on Day One; Sun, Moon and Stars Created on Day Four

Creation day 1 - 4 could have been very long, even millions of, 'present day years', long.

• This concept is allowable for a Creationist.

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • This concept is unallowable for a Creationist

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • The biblical definition of 'day', is one dark, light, cycle; Not 24 hours, until Day Four

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We just need one scientifically acceptable explanation, of how no mater, energy or empty space, or anything in existence, went to Adam being Created six days latter, and the atheist scoffer cosmologists will leave we Christians alone.

If you want to explain to faithful Christians how no mater, energy or empty space went to Adam being Created six days later, simply tell them our Omnipotent God did it.

I prefer to rely on scripture entirely and keep man's assumptions about creation separate.

Basic summary:

God is eternal, without beginning and without end. God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. There was no "before God", and there will be no, "after God". In the Beginning, God created the Heaven and Earth through His Word. His Spirit hovered over the waters. He created The Light, which He called day, and the darkness which He called night. He formed the firmament to divide the water; some of the water was above the firmament and some, below it. The water below, He called seas. He created the green things, and then created two lights on the fourth day, The Sun and Moon; He created the stars also and placed them in the firmament to give light on the Earth, for hours, days, months, years; for signs and seasons. He created in the image of His Word, man and woman. He finished creation and rested on the seventh day.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

wonderkins

Jul 16, 2017
Winlock
✟147,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why, oh why does there have to always be an attempt to make God's Word fit science? This is such a tired argument to change the Bible.

Do you believe God created everything out of nothing? And that He created every detail in the fabric of existence to work in absolute perfection? Did God create Adam as a baby or a man? Was Eve a full grown woman when Adam woke up? With all the amazing events and miracles that take place in the Bible, which the average Christian does not dispute, is it so crazy to believe that the everlasting, holy, and sovereign God could create the world in 6 days? Is it impossible to believe that light reached the earth in an instant because God said so?

Do a straight reading of creation. Does it even remotely suggest creation took more than 6 days? No.

Let's start believing the Bible, and stop twisting what it says just to appease a God-hating world. The Bible is not a scientific book, but it is not disproved by science.

What an insult to the Lord it must be to continually try and disprove His word.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I prefer to rely on scripture entirely and keep man's assumptions about creation separate.
We need more Christians like you who simply accept that from no mater, energy, empty space, or anything, six days later there was a huge Universe 27 billion light years wide with one septillion stars and unknown number of planets, and earth, with Adam and Eve living on it.

However, Christians like me, want to have the, hardened of heart, atheist cosmologists to back off.

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why, oh why does there have to always be an attempt to make God's Word fit science? This is such a tired argument to change the Bible.

Do you believe God created everything out of nothing? And that He created every detail in the fabric of existence to work in absolute perfection? Did God create Adam as a baby or a man? Was Eve a full grown woman when Adam woke up? With all the amazing events and miracles that take place in the Bible, which the average Christian does not dispute, is it so crazy to believe that the everlasting, holy, and sovereign God could create the world in 6 days? Is it impossible to believe that light reached the earth in an instant because God said so?

Do a straight reading of creation. Does it even remotely suggest creation took more than 6 days? No.

Let's start believing the Bible, and stop twisting what it says just to appease a God-hating world. The Bible is not a scientific book, but it is not disproved by science.

What an insult to the Lord it must be to continually try and disprove His word.

I agree with you that the Bible is not a scientific book. Certainly, it doesn't use the scientific method at all. ;)

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We need more Christians like you who simply accept that from no mater, energy, empty space, or anything, six days later there was a huge Universe 27 billion light years wide with one septillion stars and unknown number of planets, and earth, with Adam and Eve living on it.

However, Christians like me, want to have the, hardened of heart, atheist cosmologists to back off.

I don't believe there is a "huge universe 27 billion light years wide with one septillion stars and unknown number of planets". :) That's just silly. :tearsofjoy:

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Zetetica
Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

It's a question of faith not scientific proof or explanations. You can't simply convince the atheist to believe God's account of creation by scientifically explaining it. That's why in Hebrews 11, true faith acknowledges that God is the creator.

• Agree
Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh? You know this how?
The clear testimony of Scripture and simple common sense. God created the heavens and the earth 'in the beginning', that's really all it says. You want me to believe the earth was just floating around until the universe was created on the fourth day?

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe there is a "huge universe 27 billion light years wide with one septillion stars and unknown number of planets". :) That's just silly. :tearsofjoy:

When we look one direction with our telescopes we see stars 13 billion light years out. When we look the exact other direction, we see stars 13 billion light years out. That is 26 billion light years across, and it is probably further because 13 billion light years is about all the farther our telescopes can see. What science articles are you reading?

Reactions: tripleseven
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's a question of faith not scientific proof or explanations. You can't simply convince the atheist to believe God's account of creation by scientifically explaining it. That's why in Hebrews 11, true faith acknowledges that God is the creator.
I am not asking cosmologists to convert, I am asking cosmologists to acknowledge that six days on earth, from nothing to our present universe with Adam and Eve on it is plausible and they will stop saying otherwise.

Reactions: Zetetica
Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When we look one direction with our telescopes we see stars 13 billion light years out. When we look the exact other direction, we see stars 13 billion light years out. That is 26 billion light years across, and it is probably further because 13 billion light years is about all the farther our telescopes can see. What science articles are you reading?

Do I even want to know how you think an optical device on Earth is capable of observing something "13 million light years out?"

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do I even want to know how you think an optical device on Earth is capable of observing something "13 million light years out?"
Light stretches out while the universe expands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Why are we trying to convince the Atheist of anything at all? They don't believe. Why would anything you have to say cause them to do so? Surely it's better to pray for the Atheist and show him or her the love Christ has put in our hearts?

• Agree
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is what science says. If you know better, go tell them. Did you step out on your porch and eyeball the boarder of the universe at 8 or 10 billion light years out?

• Haha
Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is what science says. If you know better, go tell them. Did you step out on your porch and eyeball the boarder of the universe at 8 or 10 billion light years out?

Actually, I don't believe the endlessly expanding thing which you call a universe exists.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The clear testimony of Scripture and simple common sense. God created the heavens and the earth 'in the beginning', that's really all it says. You want me to believe the earth was just floating around until the universe was created on the fourth day?
The clear testimony of Scripture, you thought said that the earth was not created before the sun moon and stars?

The earth was safely under a hovering God.

Since the 'universe' will pass away one day soon, like I snap my fingers, or roll up a blind, and the earth will still be here, thank you very much, why would it be so strange that the earth was here before God rolled the universe into being!?

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, I don't believe the endlessly expanding thing which you call a universe exists.
I have read science say that the universe boarder is about 13 billion light years in all directions. Please tell me how far out the universes boarder is?

Upvote 0