Earth, then light (Big Bang), Created on Day One; Sun, Moon and Stars Created on Day Four

Creation day 1 - 4 could have been very long, even millions of, 'present day years', long.

• This concept is allowable for a Creationist.

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • This concept is unallowable for a Creationist

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • The biblical definition of 'day', is one dark, light, cycle; Not 24 hours, until Day Four

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Genesis 1:1 The Story of Creation.

Day One
In the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form or shape, with darkness over the abyss and a mighty wind sweeping over the waters—

Then God said: Let there be light, and there was light.

God saw that the light was good. God then separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” Evening came, and morning followed—the first day.

Day Three
Then God said: Let the earth bring forth vegetation: every kind of plant that bears seed and every kind of fruit tree on earth that bears fruit with its seed in it. And so it happened: the earth brought forth vegetation: every kind of plant that bears seed and every kind of fruit tree that bears fruit with its seed in it. God saw that it was good. Evening came, and morning followed—the third day.
Day Four
Then God said: Let there be lights in the dome of the sky, to separate day from night. Let them mark the seasons, the days and the years, and serve as lights in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth. And so it happened: God made the two great lights, the greater one to govern the day, and the lesser one to govern the night, and the stars.
God set them in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. God saw that it was good. Evening came, and morning followed—the fourth day.
Likely this refers to Paradise, not Earth, where Man was kicked out to.

Ok, I feel like I am being punked or something. I cant find any hidden camera in my living room.

We are talking, and quoting from God's Bible, the Book of Genesis, about God's Six Days of Creation of man and everything that exists (out side of God). Adam and Eve do not get kicked out of The Garden of Eden, which is on earth, until after the week of Creation. We are talking about the Creation of Adam and Eve.

Day Six
Then God said: Let us make human beings in our image, after our likeness. Let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the tame animals, all the wild animals, and all the creatures that crawl on the earth.

God created mankind in his image;

in the image of God he created them;

male and female he created them.

Have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and all the living things that crawl on the earth.

God looked at everything he had made, and found it very good. Evening came, and morning followed—the sixth day.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
On Day One, God created earth. Then God said "Let There Be Light". I think it is obvious that the first light in the Universe was, what scientist refer to as, 'The Big Bang'. Earth was created first, and then the Big Bang was Commanded by God to come into existence.

Earth does not come into our sun's orbit till day four of Creation. So the conclusion is, that earth is getting it's light from the Big Bang, on Creation days one through part of day four. It is on day four that earth enters into orbit around our sun, and thus 24 hour day and night, month, and year, cycles, begin.

What is interesting is that plant life is already created on day three, before we have our sun.

As I have already explained in other posts: Using Time Dilation, Billions of years of Star Formation Can Occur in Six Days. It is scientifically allowable to get a young earth, from its origin, of before God creates light (The Big Bang), to the day Adam was made, in six 24 hour days, using scientifically proven Time Dilation. However, as for days one through part of day four, days are not locked into a 24 hour period yet. Depending on just how fast, or in this case, how slow, earth is rotating, days could even be tens of millions of, 'present day years', long, on day one through four, of Creation.

Lets discuss this.

Day One
In the beginning
, when God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form or shape, with darkness over the abyss and a mighty wind sweeping over the waters—

God saw that the light was good. God then separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” Evening came, and morning followed—the first day.

Day Three
Then God said: Let the earth bring forth vegetation: every kind of plant that bears seed and every kind of fruit tree on earth that bears fruit with its seed in it. And so it happened: the earth brought forth vegetation: every kind of plant that bears seed and every kind of fruit tree that bears fruit with its seed in it. God saw that it was good. Evening came, and morning followed—the third day.
Day Four
Then God said: Let there be lights in the dome of the sky, to separate day from night. Let them mark the seasons, the days and the years, and serve as lights in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth. And so it happened: God made the two great lights, the greater one to govern the day, and the lesser one to govern the night, and the stars.

God set them in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. God saw that it was good. Evening came, and morning followed—the fourth day.

I guess I'm of the mind that if God said he did it, then he did. God is powerful and commands the physical world. And he can divide light from darkness etc. Remember what Jesus said: Matthew 17:20. And if a mustard seed can literally move mountains, then what could all of Gods faith do physically. Maybe he could speed up creation and defy a big bang theory.

I mean really I just am entertained by the idea of scientist trying to explain a mountain moving using some big bang like theory. I'm sure they would get it wrong.

Jesus performed all kinds of miracles, from raising from the dead, healing lepers, walking on water, calming tempests, etc. But he didn't move mountains in the bible that I remember unless we go into Moses era perhaps.

But the key here is a mustard seed of faith can move mountains, God is so much more than a mustard seed :) Cheers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No-one will agree on any of this stuff. I have given up on even making an argument about it.

I do not know why people insist on a literal interpretation of the word day, in the first few verses. Obviously, a day could not exist on Day 1. There was no Sun. Likewise, Earth would be blown to.pieces, if it was in the middle of the Big Bang.

Why not consider the possibility that the original words of Genesis, written in ancient Hebrew, have been misinterpreted or poorly translated. That seems like a much more obvious explanation.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess I'm of the mind that if God said he did it, then he did. God is powerful and commands the physical world. And he can divide light from darkness etc. Remember what Jesus said: Matthew 17:20. And if a mustard seed can literally move mountains, then what could all of Gods faith do physically. Maybe he could speed up creation and defy a big bang theory.

I mean really I just am entertained by the idea of scientist trying to explain a mountain moving using some big bang like theory. I'm sure they would get it wrong.

Jesus performed all kinds of miracles, from raising from the dead, healing lepers, walking on water, calming tempests, etc. But he didn't move mountains in the bible that I remember unless we go into Moses era perhaps.

But the key here is a mustard seed of faith can move mountains, God is so much more than a mustard seed :) Cheers.

Hello Devin,
Most cosmologist scientists see the 'Big Bang' as God's Creation of everything that exists in the physical realm. I think this is great that they give God the glory. I think the 'Big Bang' is God Commanding "Let There Be Light!" on Day One of Creation; Earth was already Created on the First Day, earlier in the day.

The only problem with cosmologists thinking that the Big Bang is God's Creation, is that they then place Creation at 13.8 billion years ago. They are calculating this 13.8 billion years using Earth's present day velocity. Velocity and physical time are variables. The faster you travel, the slower physical time elapses. When your velocity reaches the speed of light, physical time stops elapsing. Well guess Who can put earth at the speed of light? Earth's Creator, our God, our Omnipotent, All Powerful God!

God's time table on the Creation of the Universe is measured by dark to light cycles on our earth, called 'days'. Man also calculates the physical time since God's Creation of the Universe using Earth's days, and thus earth years. The problem is that scientists are assuming earth was always at it's present velocity. Really! We went through all this immense upheaval upon Creation and scientists think earth was just moseying along! If, God puts earth at near the speed of light, to rendezvous with earth on the Fourth Day, like the Bible indicates happened. And then two days latter, Adam and Eve are Created. Now you have the Big Bang occurring only thousands of years ago, rather than cosmologists 13.8 billion years ago.

What do you think? Does this not Glorify God and His Word!

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not know why people insist on a literal interpretation of the word day, in the first few verses. Obviously, a day could not exist on Day 1. There was no Sun. Likewise, Earth would be blown to.pieces, if it was in the middle of the Big Bang.

Hello Gideon,
The Big Bang was the greatest light source ever! God says He created Earth first, then God Commanded the "Let There Be Light!", which is the Big Bang, into existence. God would Create the Big Bang right on top of the earth. God knew how far away to create the Big Bang from earth, so earth would not get harmed.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Devin,
Most cosmologist scientists see the 'Big Bang' as God's Creation of everything that exists in the physical realm. I think this is great that they give God the glory. I think the 'Big Bang' is God Commanding "Let There Be Light!" on Day One of Creation; Earth was already Created on the First Day, earlier in the day.

The only problem with cosmologists thinking that the Big Bang is God's Creation, is that they then place Creation at 13.8 billion years ago. They are calculating this 13.8 billion years using Earth's present day velocity. Velocity and physical time are variables. The faster you travel, the slower physical time elapses. When your velocity reaches the speed of light, physical time stops elapsing. Well guess Who can put earth at the speed of light? Earth's Creator, our God, our Omnipotent, All Powerful God!

God's time table on the Creation of the Universe is measured by dark to light cycles on our earth, called 'days'. Man also calculates the physical time since God's Creation of the Universe using Earth's days, and thus earth years. The problem is that scientists are assuming earth was always at it's present velocity. Really! We went through all this immense upheaval upon Creation and scientists think earth was just moseying along! If, God puts earth at near the speed of light, to rendezvous with earth on the Fourth Day, like the Bible indicates happened. And then two days latter, Adam and Eve are Created. Now you have the Big Bang occurring only thousands of years ago, rather than cosmologists 13.8 billion years ago.

What do you think? Does this not Glorify God and His Word!

It's an interesting theory, God certainly commands time in my opinion as he is the true Prophet. His spirit of prophecy is a gift to man at times that are also called prophets.

I've studied time dilation, and the bending of space can also create time dilation, the math suggests that any acceleration alters time, velocity being the product of acceleration, and gravitation being an acceleration, they certainly are non-distinguishable. That said Einstein proved energy and mass are the same, and mass is a curvature of space. Perhaps you know this already. But to get to the point, I'm not sure God would have to move the earth at the speed of light to alter it's time.

I ran an analysis on the total charge of all the protons and electrons that make up the mass of the earth. And if the charges were not bound and given up as binding energy, the electromagnetic mass of the earth would be that of a massive black hole. And if the earth was a black hole for some reason time would pass much slower for it.

So there may be mathematical support for your time dilation idea. Interesting :)

Reactions: StevenMerten
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's an interesting theory, God certainly commands time in my opinion as he is the true Prophet. His spirit of prophecy is a gift to man at times that are also called prophets.

I've studied time dilation, and the bending of space can also create time dilation, the math suggests that any acceleration alters time, velocity being the product of acceleration, and gravitation being an acceleration, they certainly are non-distinguishable. That said Einstein proved energy and mass are the same, and mass is a curvature of space. Perhaps you know this already. But to get to the point, I'm not sure God would have to move the earth at the speed of light to alter it's time.

I ran an analysis on the total charge of all the protons and electrons that make up the mass of the earth. And if the charges were not bound and given up as binding energy, the electromagnetic mass of the earth would be that of a massive black hole. And if the earth was a black hole for some reason time would pass much slower for it.

So there may be mathematical support for your time dilation idea. Interesting :)

Hello Devin,
According to The Book of Genesis, God Created Earth first and then the "Let There Be Light!" Big Bang popped into existence. A safe distance away, I am sure. The Big Bang is the mass of one septillion stars on the head of a needle. Do you think that is enough gravitational force to kick little old Earth in the pants and get her up to light speed?

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Devin,
According to The Book of Genesis, God Created Earth first and then the "Let There Be Light!" Big Bang popped into existence. A safe distance away, I am sure. The Big Bang is the mass of one septillion stars on the head of a needle. Do you think that is enough gravitational force to kick little old Earth in the pants and get her up to light speed?

I've always found that to feel safe about a theory, one must calculate the idea with math. But that sounds like a large amount of gravitational acceleration (time dilation) from one septillion stars.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've always found that to feel safe about a theory, one must calculate the idea with math. But that sounds like a large amount of gravitational acceleration (time dilation) from one septillion stars.
Its enough! Trust me. :wave:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
are you folks aware that the ancient Hebrews thought the sky was a solid ceiling? they believed that the stars and Sun were just dots of light on a solid ceiling.

the concept of a Universe with galaxies and time and space did not exist.

did not exist.

how then could "Universe", big bang, or any other modern concept possibly get translated into Genesis?

It couldnt.

Therefore you POV that 'earth' in Vs 1 refers to Planet Earth is wrong. no word for Universe existed, and the Hebrew author had no way to express what God said.

• Informative
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
are you folks aware that the ancient Hebrews thought the sky was a solid ceiling? they believed that the stars and Sun were just dots of light on a solid ceiling.

the concept of a Universe with galaxies and time and space did not exist.

did not exist.

how then could "Universe", big bang, or any other modern concept possibly get translated into Genesis?

It couldnt.

Therefore you POV that 'earth' in Vs 1 refers to Planet Earth is wrong. no word for Universe existed, and the Hebrew author had no way to express what God said.
Hello Gideon,
Not to worry! Our God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. God the Father, His Son our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, have have the Power to get it done. And God did get it done. No Universe, not even ours, which God Himself Created, along with Time Dilation, is to difficult for our Omnipotent God!

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On Day One, God created earth. Then God said "Let There Be Light". I think it is obvious that the first light in the Universe was, what scientist refer to as, 'The Big Bang'. Earth was created first, and then the Big Bang was Commanded by God to come into existence.

This is incorrect.
~~~
copyChkboxOff.gif
Gen 1:3
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Gen 1:4
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Gen 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
~~~

God did not call the "Big Bang" (expansion from the singularity) "day".

• Agree
Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is incorrect.
~~~
copyChkboxOff.gif
Gen 1:3
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Gen 1:4
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Gen 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
~~~

God did not call the "Big Bang" (expansion from the singularity) "day".

You guys are so funny! The Big Bang gave off light! Lots of light! Enough light to shed the light of day on little old earth.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Earth does not come into our sun's orbit till day four of Creation. So the conclusion is, that earth is getting it's light from the Big Bang, on Creation days one through part of day four. It is on day four that earth enters into orbit around our sun, and thus 24 hour day and night, month, and year, cycles, begin.

What is interesting is that plant life is already created on day three, before we have our sun.

As I have already explained in other posts: Using Time Dilation, Billions of years of Star Formation Can Occur in Six Days. It is scientifically allowable to get a young earth, from its origin, of before God creates light (The Big Bang), to the day Adam was made, in six 24 hour days, using scientifically proven Time Dilation. However, as for days one through part of day four, days are not locked into a 24 hour period yet. Depending on just how fast, or in this case, how slow, earth is rotating, days could even be tens of millions of, 'present day years', long, on day one through four, of Creation.

Lets discuss this.

Day One
In the beginning
, when God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form or shape, with darkness over the abyss and a mighty wind sweeping over the waters—

Day Three
Day Four

And what is the problem?? 24 hour day is not determined by the sun--but by the rotation of the earth.
As for light--look it up---there is what they call invisible light. It is not visible to the human eye--certainly is to God. That He is the Light of the World is true--however, it says He created this light and so He created it, He didn't create Himself. With the sun, moon and stars came the sunlight, on the 4th day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And what is the problem?? 24 hour day is not determined by the sun--but by the rotation of the earth.
As for light--look it up---there is what they call invisible light. It is not visible to the human eye--certainly is to God. That He is the Light of the World is true--however, it says He created this light and so He created it, He didn't create Himself. With the sun, moon and stars came the sunlight, on the 4th day.

Day One
In the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form or shape, with darkness over the abyss and a mighty wind sweeping over the waters—

Hello mmk,
Are you sure you want to go down as saying that the light God is talking about in Genesis One is God's Spiritual light and not God Creating physical light in the Universe?

24 hours is only the length of a, light and dark, cycle, when earth is in our sun's orbit. Earth is not Created into our sun's orbit till the Fourth Day of creation. The earths rotation is not known for Day One through to Day Four of Creation, so the duration of time between light and darkness could be anywhere from a couple of minuets to tens of millions of 'present day years'.

Genesis 1
Day Four

God set them in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness.
God saw that it was good. Evening came, and morning followed—the fourth day.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This temporary light would not be called "day".
Well then, we just have to wait for earth to pass by a star. Sooner or later there will be a light and darkness cycle, which translates into a day, in the Book of Genesis. We only need two light to darkness cycles before earth comes into our sun's orbit on the Fourth Day of Creation. Earth does have to pass by up to 13.8 billion light years of distance to get to earth on light to darkness cycle four, the Fourth Day of Creation. Earth has a man and woman to pick up on the sixth light to darkness cycle, the Sixth Day of Creation.

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well then, we just have to wait for earth to pass by a star. Sooner or later there will be a light and darkness cycle, which translates into a day, in the Book of Genesis. We only need two light to darkness cycles before earth comes into our sun's orbit on the Fourth Day of Creation. Earth does have to pass by up to 13.8 billion light years of distance to get to earth on light to darkness cycle four, the Fourth Day of Creation. Earth has a man and woman to pick up on the sixth light to darkness cycle, the Sixth Day of Creation.

Why are you reading the Bible through the lens of scientific theories?

• Winner
Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why are you reading the Bible through the lens of scientific theories?

We just need one scientifically acceptable explanation, of how no mater, energy or empty space, or anything in existence, went to Adam being Created six days latter, and the atheist scoffer cosmologists will leave we Christians alone.

If you want to explain to faithful Christians how no mater, energy or empty space went to Adam being Created six days later, simply tell them our Omnipotent God did it.

Upvote 0