Earth, then light (Big Bang), Created on Day One; Sun, Moon and Stars Created on Day Four

Creation day 1 - 4 could have been very long, even millions of, 'present day years', long.

• This concept is allowable for a Creationist.

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • This concept is unallowable for a Creationist

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • The biblical definition of 'day', is one dark, light, cycle; Not 24 hours, until Day Four

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Peter 3:5-10 KJV
For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: [6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: [7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. [8] But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. [9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. [10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
~~~

In context, these verses concern the Great Day of The Lord. They concern when this world will be destroyed in fire. A brief mention is made of the world when it was standing in and out of the water, and the result of the flood. (The habitable area to man was the dry land which was covered by the water, rendering earth the watery abyss it was at the beginning.)

Let's look further.

~~~
Psalm 90:4 KJV
For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday
when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
~~~

Both sets of verses testify of God's eternal nature. God is beyond the cycling of the stars. He is beyond the rising and setting of the sun and the moon.

In 2 Peter, God's patience is declared. He wills that none should perish and all, everything is done in His time, not in ours. We are under the sun, under the celestial timepiece God made. We count by day and by night, by seasons, and by ages. God's ways are not our ways. God's wisdom is not ours.

Why take all of this out of context and assume God took millions of years to build up creation? Why not just read what is written and accept it? If it doesn't declare the age of creation, why speculate?

• Winner
Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not so certain technology is a gift from God. I'm also not certain it's outright evil either.
Technology means clean water, adequate food, medical care, internet communication, etc.

At the same time, technology can also be used for evil purposes.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Technology means clean water, adequate food, medical care, internet communication, etc.

At the same time, technology can also be used for evil purposes.
You didn't reference clean water, adequate food, or internet communication. You did reference antibiotics.

Furthermore, why in the world are you placing "internet communication" in the same sentence as clean water, adequate food, and medical care? Those things are needs. Internet communication is a luxury.

• Agree
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't expect kindness from you. I didn't expect such a warm reception. I was honestly very nervous, and a bit ashamed of my belief, considering my background.

Thank you.

1 CORINTHIANS 13
Now I will show you the way which surpasses all others.
If I speak with human tongues and angelic as well, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong, a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and, with full knowledge, comprehend all mysteries, if I have faith great enough to move mountains,
but have not love, I am nothing.

Hello Zetetica,
You are welcome friend.

The saying goes, 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'. Not that I ever considered one of my fellow Christian Creationist believers my enemy. Satan is Jesus' enemy number one. Satan is the enemy of we Christian believers. Satan does not want anyone to follow Jesus into Eternal life. Satan is manipulating science to lead educated people away from Jesus and into a life of atheism, and thus, death and damnation.

Powerful (world known and world respected) atheist cosmologist Stephen Hawking set out to prove that God does not exist, by manipulating science. Hawking went to the Vatican and demanded that Pope John Paul II, accept his atheist version of how are Omnipotent God, brought everything into existence 13.8 billion years ago. Then atheist Stephen Hawking went on to talk about what happened 'before', what Christians, now see, with Hawking's atheist guidance, as Creation. Hawking went on to manipulate how God does not exist, and 'creation' came into existence on its own. Hawking went on to mock Christian believers, as ignorant, but insisted that once Hawking educates them in science, they will see that attaining human knowledge makes you like a god. This is the work of Satan.

Scientific experimentation has proven that the universe does not exist. It is Albert Einstein who demanded that we not accept this reality. It is Albert Einstein who replaced the proven science that the universe does not exist without conscious man (Adam) to observe it. All this talk of billions of years of the universes existence before Adam is not real, according to scientific proof from the beginning of quantum (subatomic particle) discovery. Obviously this proves Creationism and our God as Creator. Satan, man's evil human pride in atheism, has replaced scientific proof with the atheist philosophy of what they call 'Realism'. Realism denies proven science to provide a path for atheist scientists to manipulate into existence, a universe before Adam, that never existed. By God's Word, we know that a universe was coming into existence, five days before Adam observed it. Please visit my other thread:
Creationism = Quantum Mechanics = Neils Bohr VS. Albert Einstein = Realism = Atheism

Our Christian enemy number one is Satan. Satan is leading many educated people into atheism and thus eternal damnation. All we Christians need is one path, which becomes scientifically accepted to the world, which allows for Creation to have happened thousands of years ago, to put a halt to Satan's deception, which leads people into atheism and eternal damnation. I believe that my Using Time Dilation, Billions of years of Star Formation Can Occur in Six Days. can end Satan's deception, of educated people into atheism, through Satan's manipulation of science.

I am not here, in the Creationist Forum, to get Christian Creationists to convert to my view of God's Creation. If you, or anyone is faithful to Jesus through your present concept of Creation, more power to you. I am here to engage and destroy Satan who is actively deceiving educated people into atheism, through the manipulation of science. So those posters debating their way of Creation over my way of Creation, please start focusing on whether or not my way, or your way, is a scientifically acceptable explanation of Creation which the world will accept. Once we have a worldwide scientifically acceptable explanation for Creation thousands of years ago on the week Adam was made, this will take Satan's atheist scientist manipulators and deceivers, off the backs of faithful Christian Creationist believers.

1 Corinthians, along with Jesus, make it absolutely clear, it does not matter if,

If I have the gift of prophecy and, with full knowledge, comprehend all mysteries, if I have faith great enough to move mountains,

you possess the gift of understanding to comprehend all mysteries (such as Creation), or the gift of faith great enough to move mountains, these are nothing if you do not have love. Jesus taught us what love is. To love God is to obey God. Jesus makes it clear that the path to Eternal life is to love Jesus and God the Father, with all your heart, with all your strength, with all your mind, and with all your soul.

Matthew 7:21
"None of those who cry out, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of God but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. When that day comes, many will plead with me, 'Lord, Lord,' have we not prophesied in your name? have we not exorcized demons by its power? Did we not do many miracles in your name as well? Then I will declare to them solemnly, I never knew you. Out of my sight, you evildoers!"

John 15:22
"If I had not come to them and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; now, however, their sin cannot be excused. To hate me is to hate my Father. Had I not performed such works among them as no one has ever done before, they would not be guilty of sin; but as it is, they have seen, and they go on hating me and my Father."

John 14:23
Jesus answered
and said to him, "Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me.

John 15:9
"As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Live on in my love. You will live in my love if you keep my commandments, even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and live in his love. All this I tell you that my joy may be yours and your joy may be complete. This is my commandment: love one another as I have loved you. There is no greater love than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you."

1 John 5:3
For the love of God is this, that we keep his commandments.
And his commandments are not burdensome,

Luke 10
"Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty deeds done in your midst had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would long ago have repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. And as for you, Capernaum, 'Will you be exalted to heaven? You will go down to the netherworld.'" Whoever listens to you listens to me. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me."

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 CORINTHIANS 13
Now I will show you the way which surpasses all others.
If I speak with human tongues and angelic as well, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong, a clanging cymbal.

Hello Zetetica,
You are welcome friend.

The saying goes, 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'. Not that I ever considered one of my fellow Christian Creationist believers my enemy. Satan is Jesus' enemy number one. Satan is the enemy of we Christian believers. Satan does not want anyone to follow Jesus into Eternal life. Satan is manipulating science to lead educated people away from Jesus and into a life of atheism, and thus, death and damnation.

Thank you again for your kindness. Can you respect or at least accept that I disagree with your view on time dilation? Then, considering my position, I also disagree with a 13+ billion year old universe, among many other things.

To me, space isn't fabric, gravity is unproven, and time isn't connected to any of this, especially since time dilation requires gravity to work.

Time is for man and for women, for those who live under the sun, under the moon, and under the stars which together, form a great clock in the sky. That's time for me. I don't speculate further. I don't worry on traveling in it, through it, backwards or forwards.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you again for your kindness. Can you respect or at least accept that I disagree with your view on time dilation? Then, considering my position, I also disagree with a 13+ billion year old universe, among many other things.

To me, space isn't fabric, gravity is unproven, and time isn't connected to any of this, especially since time dilation requires gravity to work.

Time is for man and for women, for those who live under the sun, under the moon, and under the stars which together, form a great clock in the sky. That's time for me. I don't speculate further. I don't worry on traveling in it, through it, backwards or forwards.
Hello Zetetica,
Have you read my thread
Creationism = Quantum Mechanics = Neils Bohr VS. Albert Einstein = Realism = Atheism ?

When science first delved down to the subatomic level, they basically found God. Subatomic particles/miracles from God, alternate from being a particle when man is looking at them, to being a non-particle, fuzzy wave of all possibilities, at any location. Subatomic particles know the future, as to whether man is going to look at them, or not going to look at them, and thus act as particle or non-particle, miracle from God.

Basically man's observable reality is really more like television channels with God holding the remote control. Jesus' miracles were simply a different channel being selected by God, different from the miracle/channel we observe on a daily regular basis. Understand the real scientifically proven, miraculous, way subatomic particles actually behave, could go a long way with your Flat Earth Creation Theory.

Adam was already Created and living in the Garden of Eden, when God and man, working as a family, made the decision to now have animals, and then woman, on earth. It would seem, God, who exists outside of physical time, which all of Creation is bound to physical time, went back in physical time's past, and then brought animals into existence on the fifth day. Adam observed a past without animals, indicates that the new alternate past, with animals in it, which God now selects, after Adam was already made, and the universe observed, and a past locked into place, is not the, past reality, which actually happened.

According to the, scientifically proven, Laws of Nature, it is the past which is observed by a conscious observer, Adam, which locks into place, all the way back to the beginning of Creation, which is selected, out of all other possibilities of pasts. So, according to the scientifically proven, Laws of Nature, we have a new reality, with animal bones going all the way back to dinosaurs, which is an alternate past, which was selected after Adam observed and locked in place, so our new present past to Day One of Creation, never actually never existed. Does this make sense to you? It could help your cause. Please visit my thread:
No Animals, thus no Evolution, When God First Created Adam; Animals were added Later

The Strange Link
between the Human Mind and Quantum Physics

by Philip Ball, 16 February 2017​

"(John) Wheeler even entertained the thought that the presence of living beings, which are capable of "noticing", has transformed what was previously a multitude of possible quantum pasts into one concrete history. In this sense, Wheeler said, we become participants in the evolution of the Universe since its very beginning. In his words, we live in a "participatory universe."
The strange link between the human mind and quantum physics

Genesis 2:18
The LORD God said: It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suited to him. So the LORD God formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of the air, and he brought them to the man to see what he would call them; whatever the man called each living creature was then its name. The man gave names to all the tame animals, all the birds of the air, and all the wild animals; but none proved to be a helper suited to the man. So the LORD God cast a deep sleep on the man, and while he was asleep, he took out one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh.

The LORD God then built the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman. When he brought her to the man, the man said:

“This one, at last, is bone of my bones

and flesh of my flesh;

This one shall be called ‘woman,’

for out of man this one has been taken.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Zetetica,
Have you read my thread
Creationism = Quantum Mechanics = Neils Bohr VS. Albert Einstein = Realism = Atheism ?

When science first delved down to the subatomic level, they basically found God. Subatomic particles/miracles from God, alternate from being a particle when man is looking at them, to being a non-particle, fuzzy wave of all possibilities, at any location. Subatomic particles know the future, as to whether man is going to look at them, or not going to look at them, and thus act as particle or non-particle, miracle from God.

Basically man's observable reality is really more like television channels with God holding the remote control. Jesus' miracles were simply a different channel being selected by God, different from the miracle/channel we observe on a daily regular basis. Understand the real scientifically proven, miraculous, way subatomic particles actually behave, could go a long way with your Flat Earth Creation Theory.

Adam was already Created and living in the Garden of Eden, when God and man, working as a family, made the decision to now have animals, and then woman, on earth. It would seem, God, who exists outside of physical time, which all of Creation is bound to physical time, went back in physical time's past, and then brought animals into existence on the fifth day. Adam observed a past without animals, indicates that the new alternate past, with animals in it, which God now selects, after Adam was already made, and the universe observed, and a past locked into place, is not the, past reality, which actually happened.

According to the, scientifically proven, Laws of Nature, it is the past which is observed by a conscious observer, Adam, which locks into place, all the way back to the beginning of Creation, which is selected, out of all other possibilities of pasts. So, according to the scientifically proven, Laws of Nature, we have a new reality, with animal bones going all the way back to dinosaurs, which is an alternate past, which was selected after Adam observed and locked in place, so our new present past to Day One of Creation, never actually never existed. Does this make sense to you? It could help your cause. Please visit my thread:
No Animals, thus no Evolution, When God First Created Adam; Animals were added Later

The Strange Link
between the Human Mind and Quantum Physics

by Philip Ball, 16 February 2017​

"(John) Wheeler even entertained the thought that the presence of living beings, which are capable of "noticing", has transformed what was previously a multitude of possible quantum pasts into one concrete history. In this sense, Wheeler said, we become participants in the evolution of the Universe since its very beginning. In his words, we live in a "participatory universe."
The strange link between the human mind and quantum physics

Genesis 2:18
The LORD God said: It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suited to him. So the LORD God formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of the air, and he brought them to the man to see what he would call them; whatever the man called each living creature was then its name. The man gave names to all the tame animals, all the birds of the air, and all the wild animals; but none proved to be a helper suited to the man. So the LORD God cast a deep sleep on the man, and while he was asleep, he took out one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh.

The LORD God then built the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman. When he brought her to the man, the man said:

“This one, at last, is bone of my bones

and flesh of my flesh;

This one shall be called ‘woman,’

for out of man this one has been taken.”

I don't accept this, though I'm familiar with it.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Zetetica,
Can I ask, as a friend, that you start a Flat Earth Creation, thread of your own?

My threads are designed to go after, and destroy, atheism's devastating harm on educated people, which is emanating through the field of science. You have an awesome topic, Flat Earth Creation, and you are going to generate a great amount of discussion, You have a great opportunity to express your faith, through such a thread. I am more interested in working with science, rather than simply denying science. I do not see you bringing people to Jesus, by insisting they believe in a Flat Earth. Though I will join in, on any Flat Earth thread you create.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Zetetica,
Can I ask, as a friend, that you start a Flat Earth Creation, thread of your own?

My threads are designed to go after, and destroy, atheism's devastating harm on educated people, which is emanating through the field of science. You have an awesome topic, Flat Earth Creation, and you are going to generate a great amount of discussion, You have a great opportunity to express your faith, through such a thread.
Why would I want to do that?

I am more interested in working with science, rather than simply denying science.

Wait. I'm not denying science. Perhaps I'm misinformed on some matters, ignorant on others but I'm not denying science. Isn't questioning part of science? Should I be like others and just blindly accept what scientists say? Even when they disagree? Even when things like time dilation are unproven?

Ido not see you bringing people to Jesus, by insisting they believe in a Flat Earth. Though I will join in, on any Flat Earth thread you create.

I don't insist anyone believe in anything I say or write, certainly not "flat earth". Goodness, that's ridiculous! Why would I ever do that? I'm not doing that.

Furthermore, while enclosed cosmogony has lead people to Christ, I don't preach it as any sort of gospel.

By the way, you requested I share some of the things I believe in earlier in this thread. Now you criticize me for doing that, telling me to post a thread I don't want to post?

:worried:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even when things like time dilation are unproven?

By the way, you requested I share some of the things I believe in earlier in this thread. Now you criticize me for doing that, telling me to post a thread I don't want to post?
:worried:
Hello Zetetica,

Ok, then prove it! You say you scientifically know all about subatomic particles, yet you don't believe what science is telling us. Well don't just come into my threads and make one liners! Explain your understanding on subatomic particles and teach us where science went wrong, and how you came up with this understanding.

You say that science has not proven Time Dilation, but science has proven Time Dilation. I posted quotes of science proving Time Dilation on my post 167. Our GPS satellites have to have computers to compensate for time dilation, otherwise they would put drivers on earth, in the ditch.

Yes I did ask you to explain your belief in a Flat Earth. You explained it. Thank you. Now, rather than flood my thread with Flat Earth comments, without scientific logic to back up Flat Earth logic, I ask you to start a Flat Earth thread instead. Can you see that you doing so would only be polite?

Time Dilation
Such time dilation has been repeatedly demonstrated, for instance by small disparities in a pair of atomic clocks after one of them is sent on a space trip, or by clocks on the Space Shuttle running slightly slower than reference clocks on Earth, or clocks on GPS and Galileo satellites running slightly faster.

Time dilation and space flight

Time dilation would make it possible for passengers in a fast-moving vehicle to travel further into the future while aging very little, in that their great speed slows down the rate of passage of on-board time. That is, the ship's clock (and according to relativity, any human traveling with it) shows less elapsed time than the clocks of observers on earth. For sufficiently high speeds the effect is dramatic. For example, one year of travel might correspond to ten years at home.Indeed, a constant 1 g acceleration would permit humans to travel through the entire known Universe in one human lifetime. The space travelers could return to Earth billions of years in the future. A scenario based on this idea was presented in the novel Planet of the Apes by Pierre Boulle.
Quoted From: Wikipedia Time Dilation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Zetetica,

Ok, then prove it! You say you scientifically know all about subatomic particles, yet you don't believe what science is telling us. Well don't just come into my threads and make one liners! Explain your understanding on subatomic particles and teach us where science went wrong, and how you came up with this understanding.

You say that science has not proven Time Dilation, but science has proven Time Dilation. I posted quotes of science proving Time Dilation on my post 167. Our GPS satellites have to have computers to compensate for time dilation, otherwise they would put drivers on earth, in the ditch.

Yes I did ask you to explain your belief in a Flat Earth. You explained it. Thank you. Now, rather than flood my thread with Flat Earth comments, without scientific logic to back up Flat Earth logic, I ask you to start a Flat Earth thread instead. Can you see that you doing so would only be polite?

Time Dilation
Such time dilation has been repeatedly demonstrated, for instance by small disparities in a pair of atomic clocks after one of them is sent on a space trip, or by clocks on the Space Shuttle running slightly slower than reference clocks on Earth, or clocks on GPS and Galileo satellites running slightly faster.

Time dilation would make it possible for passengers in a fast-moving vehicle to travel further into the future while aging very little, in that their great speed slows down the rate of passage of on-board time. That is, the ship's clock (and according to relativity, any human traveling with it) shows less elapsed time than the clocks of observers on earth. For sufficiently high speeds the effect is dramatic. For example, one year of travel might correspond to ten years at home.Indeed, a constant 1 g acceleration would permit humans to travel through the entire known Universe in one human lifetime. The space travelers could return to Earth billions of years in the future. A scenario based on this idea was presented in the novel Planet of the Apes by Pierre Boulle.
Okay, I can do one better because my objective here with you isn't proving the world isn't a globe. It may be a globe? I don't know for sure but I admit, I doubt it more daily.

My objective here is to prove to you that you are wrong about the light in Genesis 1:3-5. It isn't the light from the Big Bang, not because that isn't somehow possible if i factor in your confusing use of time dilation but because it contradicts scripture.

Why? It's plainly written that the Sun was created to RULE over the "Day" and the "Day" is what God called the light which existed before the Sun.

The light of the Big Bang, even if bright enough to illuminate the Earth, was temporary. The Sun wouldn't be made to RULE over that light, even if God decided to call such a temporary light "Day", which is a word used throughout scripture, by the way.

___
(SIDE NOTE) Furthermore, I've concluded that this light also isn't Jesus Christ, since He wasn't created (Trinitarian fact) and because the Sun wasn't created to RULE over the light of Christ. I'm pretty sure that would be blasphemous to assert.
___

What you have proposed here with your time dilation, pre-existing, light speed traveling Earth, witnessing the Big Bang is backwards and incredibly confusing.

While your time dilation might be real, it won't save your Big Bang from still being entirely un-biblical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, I can do one better because my objective here with you isn't proving the world isn't a globe. It may be? I don't know for sure but I admit, I doubt it more daily.

My objective here is to prove to you that you are wrong about the light in Genesis 1:3-5. It isn't the light from the Big Bang, not because that isn't somehow possible if i factor in your confusing use of time dilation but because it contradicts scripture.

Why? It's plainly written that the Sun was created to RULE over the "Day" and the "Day" is what God called the light which existed before the Sun.
Hello Zetetica,
So you are accusing God of lying? You think that the scriptures are lying to you? God clearly states that He Created the sun on the fourth day. God clearly states that He makes the sun rule over the day, on the fourth day of Creation.

It is you who are distorting scriptures.

Genesis Day Four of Creation
Then God said: Let there be lights in the dome of the sky, to separate day from night. Let them mark the seasons, the days and the years, and serve as lights in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth. And so it happened: God made the two great lights, the greater one to govern the day, and the lesser one to govern the night, and the stars.

God set them in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. God saw that it was good. Evening came, and morning followed—the fourth day.

Genesis 1:1 The Story of Creation.

Day One
In the beginning
, when God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form or shape, with darkness over the abyss and a mighty wind sweeping over the waters—

Then God said: Let there be light, and there was light.

God saw that the light was good. God then separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” Evening came, and morning followed—the first day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Zetetica,
So you are accusing God of lying? You think that the scriptures are lying to you? God clearly states that He Created the sun on the fourth day. God clearly states that He makes the sun rule over the day, on the fourth day of Creation.

It is you who are distorting scriptures.

Genesis Day Four of Creation
Then God said: Let there be lights in the dome of the sky, to separate day from night. Let them mark the seasons, the days and the years, and serve as lights in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth. And so it happened: God made the two great lights, the greater one to govern the day, and the lesser one to govern the night, and the stars.

God set them in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. God saw that it was good. Evening came, and morning followed—the fourth day.

Genesis 1:1 The Story of Creation.

Day One
In the beginning
, when God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form or shape, with darkness over the abyss and a mighty wind sweeping over the waters—

Then God said: Let there be light, and there was light.

God saw that the light was good. God then separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” Evening came, and morning followed—the first day.

No, I'm not calling God a liar. God did exactly as He said He did in Genesis 1. He spoke the light into being (three days pass) and then He spoke the Sun and Moon into being, and the stars also (day 4). I'm not confused by this and I don't require time dilation to explain it either.

I'll break it down for you:

Day 1 (Heaven/Earth)
  • "Heaven" isn't billions and billions of stars, it's the visible arc of sky or visual "dome" as your translation puts it. Let's not confuse that visual "dome" with any sort of solid glass dome either, just to keep things in Heliocentric perspective.
Day 1 (Light/Darkness - Day/Night)
  • The light was spoken into being on day 1 and it was called Day.
Day 4 (Sun/Moon/Stars)
  • The Sun (greater light) and Moon (lesser light) and the stars were all made on day 4.
  • The Day existed before (Day 4). The Sun was placed to rule over that Day.
I'm really not seeing the issue here.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I'm not calling God a liar. God did exactly as He said He did in Genesis 1. He spoke the light into being (three days pass) and then He spoke the Sun and Moon into being, and the stars also (day 4). I'm not confused by this and I don't require time dilation to explain it either.

I'll break it down for you:

Day 1 (Heaven/Earth)
  • "Heaven" isn't billions and billions of stars, it's the visible arc of sky or visual "dome" as your translation puts it. Let's not confuse that visual "dome" with any sort of solid glass dome either, just to keep things in Heliocentric perspective.
Day 1 (Light/Darkness - Day/Night)
  • The light was spoken into being on day 1 and it was called Day.
Day 4 (Sun/Moon/Stars)
  • The Sun (greater light) and Moon (lesser light) and the stars were all made on day 4.
  • The Day existed before (Day 4). The Sun was placed to rule over that Day.
I'm really not seeing the issue here.

Start bringing in your scripture, quoted, if you are going to discuss.
Thank you for agreeing that sun, moon and stars were created on the fourth day.

God creating the 'heavens', on the First Day is not God creating the stars in the heavens on the First Day of Creation. The 'heavens' created on the First Day, is a place for Saints and Angels to live in Eternal life, living in the Presence of God for all eternity.

What bible are you using, which does not state, 'In the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth', as its first sentence? Please quote your version which leaves out 'heavens' in the first sentence of the Bible.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Zetetica,

I, and others, want to evaluate the knowledge, you claim to have, about Time Dilation. Please solve the following science question. You are solving for time since Creation Day One. Please accept and do not argue the parameters of the question. Simply solve the problem so we can evaluate the knowledge you claim to have.

Pop Quiz

Time dilation would make it possible for passengers in a fast-moving vehicle to travel further into the future while aging very little, in that their great speed slows down the rate of passage of on-board time. That is, the ship's clock (and according to relativity, any human traveling with it) shows less elapsed time than the clocks of observers on earth. For sufficiently high speeds the effect is dramatic. For example, one year of travel might correspond to ten years at home. Indeed, a constant 1 g acceleration would permit humans to travel through the entire known Universe in one human lifetime. The space travelers could return to Earth billions of years in the future.

Physical time stops elapsing at the speed of light. The closer you get to the speed of light, the slower physical time elapses. Albert Eisenstein's, scientifically proven, 'Theory of Relativity', Time Dilation.

Solve the following science question for time since Day One of Creation.

It is the future and you have a star ship that can do near the speed of light. You decide to "travel through the entire known Universe in one human lifetime" as Wikipedia Time Dilation definition describes. You travel 100,000 billion light years in your 60 years of near light speed travels. A light year is the distance light travels in one earth orbit around the sun. When you come back to earth, 100,000 billion years will have passed on earth (earth, which has remained constant at its present day velocity) in your 60 year lifetime of light speed traveling.

We are using scientists evaluation of 13.8 billion years from Creation, when you start your trip. So, the question becomes, how many years from God's Day One of Creation, is it now? Is it now 100,013.8 billion years from Creation? Or is it now 13.8 billion years + your 60 years of life, from Creation? Or is it, there is no such thing as time from Creation, because physical time is a variable which depends on velocity; in Einstein's words, 'Relative'. We can only rely on God's Word, for the period since His Creation of all that exists.

Upvote 0