Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
First 24 hours of destruction as Hurricane Irma tears through Atlantic
First 24 hours of destruction as Hurricane Irma tears through Atlantic

7 September 2017 • 7:50am

The most powerful Atlantic Ocean storm in recorded history is sweeping across the Caribbean leaving destruction in its wake.

Hurricane Irma howled past Puerto Rico on Wednesday after thrashing several smaller islands with tree-snapping winds, drenching rains and pounding surf on a collision course with Florida.

The tiny island of Barbuda, which has a population of 1,800, and was devastated.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,911.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Mexico hit by 'strongest earthquake in a century' as magnitude 8.2 tremor triggers tsunami waves - latest news
8 September 2017 • 4:03pm

A rare and powerful 8.2-magnitude earthquake struck southern Mexico late Thursday, killing at least 32 people as seismologists warned of a tsunami of more than 10 feet.

The quake hit offshore in the Pacific about 75 miles southwest of the town of Tres Picos in far southern Chiapas state, the US Geological Survey said, putting the magnitude at 8.1.

Mexico's president said the earthquake magnitude was 8.2, the strongest in a century in the country.

The country's seismologic service initially gave a magnitude of 8.4, which if confirmed would be the most powerful ever recorded in this quake-prone country.

The quake shook a large swath of the country and was felt as far north as Mexico City - 600 miles from the quake epicenter - where people ran out of their homes in their pajamas as buildings trembled and swayed.

A tsunami warning and the prospect of aftershocks kept the nation on alert.

"Based on all available data ... widespread hazardous tsunami waves are forecast for some coasts," the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said.

Mexico hit by 'strongest earthquake in a century' as magnitude 8.2 tremor triggers tsunami waves - latest news
video and map at link.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,911.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1 Thess. 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Here is another notification for the International Day of Peace 9/21/2017

That's a good find HM. We don't need the bar graphs, the date to date calculators, the counting of Jubilee cycles or astronomy programs. Just keep watch for when they are saying "peace and safety".

I always wondered if there would be a story or event that makes me think that this is really it for sure. This is getting close to it. Are you kidding me? Time to prepare our minds for action.

"Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,911.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's a good find HM. We don't need the bar graphs, the date to date calculators, the counting of Jubilee cycles or astronomy programs. Just keep watch for when they are saying "peace and safety".

I always wondered if there would be a story or event that makes me think that this is really it for sure. This is getting close to it. Are you kidding me? Time to prepare our minds for action.

"Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
That guy is a bit passionate, and I can understand why.. But people are not taking heed, rather they are mocking, saying the signs mean nothing. :sigh: But we can only show the way.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave Watchman
Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That guy is a bit passionate, and I can understand why.. But people are not taking heed, rather they are mocking, saying the signs mean nothing. :sigh: But we can only show the way.

While I am prepared for the September 23 theory to fizzle out, I got to admit that evidence for it seems to be piling up. This month keeps getting more and more interesting and the next couple weeks are certainly going to get more nail biting with the natural disasters and pushes for peace.

Time will tell.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,911.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
While I am prepared for the September 23 theory to fizzle out, I got to admit that evidence for it seems to be piling up. This month keeps getting more and more interesting and the next couple weeks are certainly going to get more nail biting with the natural disasters and pushes for peace.

Time will tell.
I agree, We should be prepared for what ever happens. I will not be asleep. I will keep extra oil. It is good to keep watch as we see these things develop. Last time I looked 58 people had lost their lives in that 8.1 earthquake in Mexico. More people are dying in the hurricanes. The fires are worse than they have ever been. Too many rumors of wars and wars. Life is becoming unsustainable day by day, and people are just rearranging the deck chairs on this Titantic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Things like this are why I'm thinking the rapture itself will be mostly unnoticed, except to those God reveals it to. The amount of people who noticed His first coming could probably be counted on our fingers and toes, and it was even ushered in by the appearance of a multitude of angels.

First, I don't think there are as many who are true believers as people anticipate. Churches will still open and fill up on Sundays. Christian forums will still be up and operating, and likely filled with people screaming that wasn't the rapture because they were still here and everybody knows the Lord isn't coming until after the Trib anyway. And should the rapture be part of the upcoming sign, there will still likely be proponents of the sign left behind to carry on saying, 'oops, we were wrong'. YouTube will be filled with video of people disappearing for a time, then soon they will be piled together with UFO and 9-11 videos as those belonging to the realm of the 'conspiracy nuts'.

Then, of course, we have this sudden destruction. Something that will take over the headlines, and for many people, the rapture would have just been a distant anomaly. Many of the sleeping will remain asleep.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Irma came all the way from the Cape Verde islands off the northwestern coast of Africa.

It looks like almost a bulls eye to the same area around Southern Illinois where the eclipse put the X marks the spot.

214156_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

map_usa_2017_2024.png

IXrghZi.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
It is really weird

Yes it is weird. When you first posted this phenomena yesterday, I thought I remembered hearing about the same thing in mid August happening down in Brazil. But they didn't have a hurricane to blame it on. And while the ocean receded in Brazil, they had giant waves crashing through the streets on the other side of the ocean at Africa.

So I do a Google search on: "ocean recedes in Brazil" and hit the video button. One of the videos is long, 14:55 minutes, a woman with an accent claims to be a scientist. I can barely keep watching it, I can't tell if her accent is fake. But then after this long scientific diatribe, at the 13 minute mark, she starts quoting Luke 21 and she says "we may be seeing the beginning of that with these rise and fall of sea levels". I kid you not. I find this much more spooky than Korea and Trump.

“And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves,

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,911.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes it is weird. When you first posted this phenomena yesterday, I thought I remembered hearing about the same thing in mid August happening down in Brazil. But they didn't have a hurricane to blame it on. And while the ocean receded in Brazil, they had giant waves crashing through the streets on the other side of the ocean at Africa.
This also happened in France, but it was not reported on MSM.

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

If this is legit, then my official reaction is, "Are you fricken kidding me..."

However, hurricane paths can change as nature can be very unpredictable. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.