• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Earth calamities and Rumors of war

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Handmaid for Jesus, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Well-Known Member

+2,302
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    I agree astrology is bad, but that's not the point. The Rev 23 sign isn't someone looking at the stars seeking a message or trying to divine something from them. That's where your confusion lies. This is simply God telling us something will be in the heavens and His people saying, "look, there it is". I'm sorry you can't tell the two apart.

2. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+26,725
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Yes, Hurricane Harvey makes landfall Friday night.Corpus Christi will take a direct hit. Here is a link.
    Hurricane Harvey Could Impact Gas Prices Nationwide; Oil Rig Workers Evacuated

3. Rene Loup

Rene Loup A saved wolf among sheep. Supporter

+12,554
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Hurricane Harvey to douse South Texas - CNN
    http://www.caller.com/story/weather...ls-get-out-before-hurricane-harvey/598635001/
    Hurricane Harvey: Widespread Evacuations Ordered in Texas

I'm hoping its not a sign of things to come. If it is, then you yanks better get down on your knees and start prayin'.

4. Revealing Times

Revealing Times Well-Known Member

+387
    Protestant
    Married
    But it is, do you understand what the phrase "In Virgo" means?

BY ASTROLOGY.COM NOVEMBER 20, 2009 05:10 PM EST. Virgo is the sixth sign of the zodiac, to be exact, and that's the way Virgos like it: exacting. Those born under this sign are forever the butt of jokes for being so picky and critical (and they can be), but their 'attention to detail' is for a reason: to help others.

So when you are told this "Constellation" will be IN VIRGO on September the 23 this doesn't register that its an Astrological reference?

FROM A SITE

What Will Happen on September 23, 2017?

Recently at Answers in Genesis, we have begun to get enquiries about a supposed event of great prophetic significance on September 23 of this year. Many videos on the Internet are promoting this. On this date, the sun will be in the constellation Virgo.

Examination of the Claims
    First, there is nothing particularly unusual about the sun appearing in the constellation Virgo. As we orbit the sun each year, the sun appears to move through the 12 constellations of the zodiac, spending about a month in each one. The month that the sun appears in Virgo is around the time of the autumnal equinox, from mid-September through late October. Nor is it unusual to find the moon near the feet of Virgo.

I could go on, but its useless, this is Zodiac signs that are being spoken of, this is just not in doubt.

IN VIRGO is about a Zodiac sign.

5. SeventyOne

+2,302
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    Does it register as an astrological reference? Yes. It also registers as a constellation placed in the heavens by God for His purposes. Am I supposed to ditch everything the devil perverts, or can I just avoid his perversion?

Besides, the Lord lays claim to the zodiac and their associated constellations in Job 38:32. The Mazzaroth is the zodiac. He also lays claim to other constellations by name as well, such as Orion and Ursa Major. It's not the devil's zodiac. He's just taken what belongs to God and tried to re-purpose it.

6. Revealing Times

Revealing Times Well-Known Member

+387
    Protestant
    Married
    Yes, God demands that we not look to the Stars for understanding brother. Look at Rev. 15: And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. 2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

So Rev. 12 is a "SIGN" of the Stars but this "SIGN" here is saying the exact same thing, and it has nothing to do with the Stars. You know why? Because neither has anything do do with Stars, both are VISIONS....That is he SIGN IN HEAVEN.

In Rev. 12 John tells us what the Vision/Sign is its a Woman Dressed in 12 Stars the Moon and the Sun, then we go to Genesis 37:9 and find the CODE which is Israel. Then the rest of the passage is understood be Israel, having a male-child named Jesus, whom King Herod tried to kill (Red Dragon influenced him of course).

Its not something that's going to happen, its already happened, thus the PROPHECY is in verses 6-17, the Woman (Israel) FLEES to the Wilderness just after Satan and his angels are cast down to Earth. He tries to kill her but she is protected, so he goes after the REMNANT of the Church that was not Raptured, because of course they became Christians AFTER the Rapture.

Rev. 15 is also Prophecy, and it doesn't happen until Rev. 16. Its setting the actually events up also.

The Point being, go to Genesis 37:9 and solve the Riddle, you don't have to look to Zodiac, its useless.

7. Handmaid for Jesus

+26,725
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Please guys, do not hijack this thread. Please! Start a thread for this debate about the zodiac. This thread is a compilation thread. Read the OP.

8. SeventyOne

+2,302
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    Sorry. He moved the goalposts in the last response anyway.

9. Rene Loup

+12,554
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Handmaid for Jesus

+26,725
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others

11. Rene Loup

+12,554
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,302
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    A lot of similar events took place during the 1st century and before the destruction of Jerusalem [which I and many others view as that City in Revelation]

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

[6] - Josephus has collected the chief of these portents together, and introduces his account by a reflection on the strangeness of that infatuation, which could induce his countrymen to give credit to impostors, and unfounded reports, whilst they disregarded the divine admonitions, confirmed, as he asserts they Were, by the following extraordinary signs :

1. "A meteor, resembling a sword, [7] hung over Jerusalem during one whole year." This could not be a comet, for it was stationary, and was visible for twelve successive months. A sword too, though a fit emblem for destruction, but ill represents a comet.

'And great earthquakes shall be in divers places."
    Of these significant emblems of political commotions, there occurred several within the scene of this prophecy, and, as our SAVIOUR predicted, in divers places. in the reign of Claudius there was one at Rome, and another at Apamea in Syria, where many of the Jews resided. The earthquake at the latter place was so destructive, that the emperor, in order to relieve the distresses of the inhabitants, remitted its tribute for five years. Both these earthquakes are recorded by Tacitus.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Handmaid for Jesus

+26,725
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
  14. Rene Loup

+12,554
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

• List
  15. Handmaid for Jesus

+26,725
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others

16. Handmaid for Jesus

+26,725
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others

17. SeventyOne

+2,302
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    Really not good. I'm in Texas, and I have family in AL, MS, FL, and SC. No matter what happens, it seems one or more of us are getting hit.

18. Handmaid for Jesus

+26,725
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    I have family on Florida's East and West coasts. I have prayed for you and yours.

19. Rene Loup

+12,554
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

• List
  20. Handmaid for Jesus

+26,725
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Massive solar storm: Seattle, Portland, even N. Calif. may see auroras
    JAKE ELLISON, SPECIAL TO SEATTLEPI.COM

Updated 7:10 pm, Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The beautiful thing about a solar flare that ruptures a filament of the suns magnetic field and fires plasma into space — a coronal mass ejection — is that when it hits Earth, we get expanded northern lights or aurora. If the ejection is big enough, and hits the Earth just right, you can spot aurora much farther south than usual.

The current plasma burst from the sun stems from an M5 or relatively medium-strength flare on Monday. The flare's geomagnetic storm, the space weather version of a small hurricane, is projected to arrive late Wednesday, according to NOAA's Space Weather Prediction Center. (Note that space weather changes and so the agency's predictions will evolve as the week goes on.)
    Massive solar storm: Seattle, Portland, even N. Calif. may see auroras

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.