Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh yes! The Earth is going to flip. For it is written.

The planet itself isn't going to flip, just the magnetic poles. It could cause some havoc, but for many the only thing they'll notice is the borealis' appearing at their latitude.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,772.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The planet itself isn't going to flip, just the magnetic poles. It could cause some havoc, but for many the only thing they'll notice is the borealis' appearing at their latitude.
It will probably feel like the whole Earth flipped.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,156.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In Australia we've had a string of hot years and indications seem to be that it is going to get worse.

2018 was Australia's third-hottest year on record

In relation to the above quote, it appears that last night was the hottest on record for Australia, in that it had the highest minimum temperatures -

The NSW town of Noona just had Australia's hottest night on record

35 and 36 degrees celsius (95 & 96.8 fahrenheit) makes for a very uncomfortable night, especially if you're trying to get to sleep.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
It will probably feel like the whole Earth flipped.

Unlikely. In fact it's highly improbable that you'd even notice it when it happened, assuming it even happened all at once unless you happened to be looking at a compass at that moment. It's far more likely that it would happen over a several month or several year time frame. You'd probably never notice that type of change unless you happen to be a pilot.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,772.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Unlikely. In fact it's highly improbable that you'd even notice it when it happened, assuming it even happened all at once unless you happened to be looking at a compass at that moment. It's far more likely that it would happen over a several month or several year time frame. You'd probably never notice that type of change unless you happen to be a pilot.
I don't know about that. IMHO, the scriptures warn of a cataclysmic event that will scatter Earth's inhabitants.
Isa. 13:12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Rev.6:
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

So what would all of this be except a pole reversal?

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't know about that. IMHO, the scriptures warn of a cataclysmic event that will scatter Earth's inhabitants.

Rev.6:
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Well magnetism isn't suspected to do any such things.

If the earths magnetic field fails we are all going to die though (after our atmosphere is stripped by the sun for many millennia).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

Rev.6:

A magnetic pole reversal wouldn't cause things like that to occur. Only something like a massive meteor strike, or a spin axis shift would cause mountains and islands to move out of their place. Magnetic pole shifts have occurred many times in the past without causing those types of calamities. Have you even noticed the relatively fast movement of the magnetic poles over the last 40 years?

Upvote 0