• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earth’s magnetic pole is on the move, fast. And we don’t know why

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by waves, Jan 11, 2019 at 7:09 PM.

1. waves

waves not so new

+509
    Non-Denom
    Private

Earth’s magnetic pole is on the move, fast. And we don’t know why

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+4,741
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
  3. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+25,617
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Remember the movie The Core?

4. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+1,648
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    I have heard some discuss this as sign for the Second Coming of Christ.

Mark 13:25-27 King James Version (KJV)
    25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

For stalls to fall, and for the heavens to be shaken it is believed a major schism (of sorts) between celestial powers has to occur. If you change polarity, and gravitational forces the heavens will fall into disarray. Each object in space effects one another in a kind of stasis that would be vastly affected if anything is completely changed. Can you imagine the moon leaving its orbit as an example? I have seen it theorized that a polar shift of extreme magnitude could repulse the moon like 2 same pole magnets. Well equal and opposite.... so we would also be affected by the same amount of force. A major shift in our orbits will affect everything in the solar system and so on.

I am not well versed or studied in this theory. Just presenting something I once read.

5. Handmaid for Jesus

+25,617
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Isa. 13:12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. JackRT

JackRT Trump supporter waking up ... Supporter

+10,214
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    The earth's magnetic field has reversed itself several times in the past. The strength of the field has been decreasing for decades and there is speculation that we may be due for another reversal. On a geologic time scale this could take decades or centuries to complete. To be clear this does not involve the planet literally flipping over. If we actually are involved in a magnetic reversal there will be a time period perhaps centuries long where we will be exposed to much more intense cosmic radiation. This will not be the end of the world but it might just trigger an evolutionary explosion as has happened in the past. Too bad I won't be around to witness all that.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+6,367
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    At least the last part is correct. The magnetic forces between earth and moon are negligible in comparison to the gravitational forces. The earth's magnetic pole can wander around like a drunken sailor, and the moon will be just fine.

8. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+1,648
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Mind you: I already pointed that out... but thanks.

9. Nithavela

Nithavela A bit facetious.

+8,602
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    [​IMG]

10. Radagast

Radagast is a Trinitarian Christian

+5,446
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  11. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+6,367
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Scientists Can’t Fix Map of Earth’s Magnetic Field Thanks to the Government Shutdown

The federal government was set to update the World Magnetic Model but had to delay it because of the shutdown.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. Nithavela

Nithavela A bit facetious.

+8,602
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Maybe we can just eyeball it. Bring me a throwing dart and a map!

13. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Newbie

+7,324
    Other Religion
    Oh wow, that's a lot more than I would've figured.

14. Bob Crowley

Bob Crowley Active Member Supporter

+250
    Australia
    Catholic
    Married
    I'd be concerned about it's deterioration, as the earth's magnetic field protects us from cosmic radiation (Van Allen belt, Auroras etc.). The assumption seems to be that a flip will re-energise it, but if a flip happens and it doesn't re-energise the field, we're going to be in trouble.

I suppose I'm a bit of a Creationist at heart, and a declining magnetic field would fit in well with the gloomy picture of the sun burning men's skin with its rays in Revelation.

Revelation 16:7-9 (NIV)
    http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/SEGwaye...netism/magnetism_on_earth/guide_activity7.pdf

Years ago my old pastor, who was not much given to eschatological speculation, commented "I think He's doing something to the sun." He died in 1992 incidentally, when discussion about climate change was not on the radar like it is today.

In Australia we've had a string of hot years and indications seem to be that it is going to get worse.

2018 was Australia's third-hottest year on record

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. JackRT

JackRT Trump supporter waking up ... Supporter

+10,214
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    See my post #6 in this thread.

16. Kaon

Kaon Well-Known Member

+837
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    "We don't know why..."

Some of us do... around the world.

17. Dave-W

Dave-W Grandparent of six grandchildren, #7 on the way! Supporter

+12,364
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    At Cost Survey/Marine Chart Division, (part of NOAA) we have been tracking the changes in magnetic north for over a century.

Every paper/raster chart we make has a compass symbol that gives true north, magnetic north and notes the rate of change.

http://tileservice.charts.noaa.gov/tileset.html#50000_1-locator

You can zoom in and see how much magnetic north varies, and how much it changes.

18. USincognito

USincognito Do u? Supporter

+10,916
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Yes, because the poles have flipped in the past and we're long overdue for a flip.

19. Handmaid for Jesus

+25,617
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Oh yes! The Earth is going to flip. For it is written.
    Isaiah 24:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
    24 Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word.

King James Version (KJV)

20. Michael

Michael Contributor Supporter

+817
    Christian
    There's definitely a big significant difference between the movement that was recorded from 1900-1940 and the movements observed over the past 40 years. It does make one wonder if the magnetic pole is about to flip again.