Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My ex-wife got my daughter's ears pierced and put earrings in. This bothers me but there's nothing I can do about it.

I understand completey! I've been down that road. My advice: don't worry about it. Let it go. Be loving and tolerant or your daughter will later turn against you.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The most important thing is loving your daughter. Legally, your x-wife is out of the picture but that puts your daughter in the middle trying to figure out which one loves her, really loves her with a Biblical love which is not measured in gifts and favors. If your daughter unfortunately thinks the more gifts and favors equals the most love you can only hope that she will read God's word on what LOVE is REALLY like as described in I Cor 13. If she is in her adolescence she is at a point of parental separation and individualization. You can share GOD'S WORD briefly in love but if she disagrees all that is left is acceptance and love unless you want to push her away, as said earlier. The exterior is only superficial even if it is glow in the dark purple and lime green hair, a destroyed layer of skin with tattoos, or 100# of rings ALL over. God looks on the inside: the heart, motives, and intentions. Focus on that, try to, any way.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My ex-wife got my daughter's ears pierced and put earrings in. This bothers me but there's nothing I can do about it.

There are some difficult family situations these days that sometimes cause a bit of heart ache.

Understood.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

But she won't feel left out when all her friends also have pierced ears. I do not have any piercings or tattoos. I'm in my seventies. When your daughter is fifteen or sixteen there might be worse things to pray about. She may choose risky behavior. As Christian adults we need to be calm and loving. Your Christian friends may show sympathy or empathy. We're in this journey together.

God bless.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

when the child becomes older she can address that herself ... perhaps when she is mature she will decide otherwise .... probably more things like this yet to come ... just follow the Lord and be a good example for her

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I wasn't going to post this, but decided to so that you might understand how blessed you really are that the seeming worst you've ever seen is that your 5 year old daughter has had her ears pierced.

I'm not saying that because I agree with what was done to her. I'm saying it's a good thing in a lot of ways that you haven't been exposed to a lot of the evil that goes on in the world. I wish I hadn't been. I've seen a 3 year old little boy addicted to drugs because his father thought it was hilarious to see his little boy smoking pot. Even worse, the day I was there to witness this we were smoking opium laced pot and when that little boy got his hands on one of the joints he ran off and hid so he could have it all for himself. He was an addict at age 3. And this happened in the early 1970s. I've often wondered what happened to that little kid. He was a cute little kid, but his chances of having any kind of normal life were between zero and none from what I saw.

Parents doing drugs openly in front of their kids is actually a common event in this world. Getting their own kids high is less common but it does happen. Drugs lying around openly available to the kids is very common among heavy drug users.

I've known of mothers having intercourse with strangers in the same bed with their little girls. Other mothers who bring men home and lock their bedroom doors so the child can't get in for the purpose of having sex. And the daughters are old enough and seen enough things already in life at age 5 that they know what their mother is doing.

These are not uncommon events in our world, so if the worst your ex is doing to your little girl is piercing her ears, you're actually fortunate. Count your blessings that she isn't doing far worse. God is protecting your little girl from far worse things.

It's a good thing to be sheltered to a certain extent from the evil that exists today. I really wish I'd never seen all the evil I've seen and knew nothing about it except as remote tales rather than knowing about it on a personal level. I know, personally, a father of 6 who when his kids were little, he would sit down and drink the two gallons of milk his wife had just bought with WIC coupons for his kids just so they couldn't have it. And that was one of his minor sins. His little girls have grown up to live extremely sad broken lives. They are in their 20s now, unmarried with multiple children, and involved with drug dealers, very abusive men, heavy drug use, etc....

Count your blessings and pray for God's protection for your little girl every day, multiple times a day. Pray that God will intervene in your ex's life and that if she will not change that she take herself out of her child's life. And love that little girl like there is no tomorrow and as if her life depends on it. It does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrandenHarvey

Jun 4, 2011
✟9,824.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, Gary. My ex-wife is a good mom. She and I were both atheists when we got married. I became a Seventh-day Adventist three years into the marriage and she hated me for it. I had grounds for divorce multiple times but stayed up until walking in on it a year and a half ago.

Your stories are frightening. And I do pray for my daughter every night.

Upvote 0