east coast
✟27,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
it is so funny to me - my whole life being more or less Christian, hearing preachers, teachers, priests, going to mass, obeying God - yet you still need to read scripture for yourself. it feels like God speaking to me new and fresh. let the Holy Spirit point out to me what i need to think about.
meditating on the Word of God instead of the random thoughts in my head.
God gives us every grace every support and every opportunity to immerse ourselves in Him.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it is so funny to me - my whole life being more or less Christian, hearing preachers, teachers, priests, going to mass, obeying God - yet you still need to read scripture for yourself. it feels like God speaking to me new and fresh. let the Holy Spirit point out to me what i need to think about.
God gives us every grace every support and every opportunity to immerse ourselves in Him.
I love meditating on the Word of God too. By the way, the avatar picture you have of the flowers is beautiful.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if men and women meditate on the Word of God differently. I wonder if women find more beauty, love, tenderness and humility in it and men more righteous anger, justice, discipline and a calling to be a (spiritual) warrior.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if men and women meditate on the Word of God differently. I wonder if women find more beauty, love, tenderness and humility in it and men more righteous anger, justice, discipline and a calling to be a (spiritual) warrior.

Hm, interesting thought.

I've heard a lot of people express disturbance at the old testament but I saw a lot of beauty and love in it.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟126,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Since Vatican II (~1960's) the Church has exhorted all the faithful to embrace Holy Scripture in their (our) lives - in our prayer, our lives, our relationships - our lives. St. Jerome (~ 342 - 420 AD), a Scripture scholar and holy saint of the Church, taught "Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ!" This important truth continues to be taught today. We need to listen to Scripture, to pray His Holy Word, to conform our lives to His, as Scripture reveals Him.

That being said, still the Catholic Church today continues to need radical reform in the formation of our adult Catholics, many of whom are not well-formed in Holy Scripture, as they should be. I hope that your parish is different, and offers much in the way of adult formation, Scripture studies, and so on, to guide the people into a deep and vibrant interior life in Christ.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟126,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Since men and women do just about everything differently, I'd be very surprised if they approached Scripture, both in the same way! God designed us to be different: physically, spiritually, ... every way but one - He created us equal in dignity, having His divine image set into our souls, equally loved and cared for by Him.

And yet we approach Him in ways unique to us personally, and marked by the masculine or feminine soul He has given us. He made us with differences - men and women having "reciprocal complementarity" with one another - complementary differences designed to make us relate to one another differently. Those differences can be troublesome and problematic - because of sin! - but they were designed to be mutually fulfilling in human ways, through authentic love for one another.

In love, and with love, those differences can help us fulfill the vocation of marriage, each helping the other proceed toward the spiritual maturity and the perfection of holy charity to which we are called and ordered.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0