• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

DXM psychosis

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
ok, day before yesterday I took some cough and cold medicine and I wanted to get high. So when it kicked in I felt fine but after awhile I started getting delusional. Like I did when I went through the meth induced psychosis.

I started thinking I was one of the prophets that was going to be killed by the Anti Christ and such. Today I just deal with residue. I mean it's like it's there but it's not.

I don't want to go to the hospital and I just saw the doc yesterday saying my anxiety is really high. They wouldn't help with that.

So I don't know what I'm going to do. I will never try that again and I just want this delusional residue to go away. Please can someone help me?

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure if I can help you or not. Psychosis is really hard to recover from. It takes time for the mind to heal. Personally I see a psychologist to talk through my problems and past psychosis, and see a psychiatrist for an antipsychotic and antidepressants to suppress the hallucinations and psychosis. Even with all the help and the psychosis cleared up, it took a while to regain some normalcy. It's good that you saw the doc recently. Sometimes just taking your mind off of focusing on the thoughts you had while in psychosis and engaging in something that is distracting and non-stressful helps, I think.

Reactions: dabro
Upvote 0

skalle

Delete system32.
Jun 17, 2016
USA
✟17,101.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I second the above. After a psychotic break, I just try to do something, anything, to keep my mind off of it. Of course, I tell someone about it, assuming someone wasn't there, but then I try to just resume business as usual. Thinking about it gives legitimacy to the delusions. They don't exist. They aren't real. Therefore, there is nothing to think about. I might journal it in case I need to come back to it later for treatment purposes, but otherwise, that's my strategy.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I
ok, day before yesterday I took some cough and cold medicine and I wanted to get high. So when it kicked in I felt fine but after awhile I started getting delusional. Like I did when I went through the meth induced psychosis.

I started thinking I was one of the prophets that was going to be killed by the Anti Christ and such. Today I just deal with residue. I mean it's like it's there but it's not.

I don't want to go to the hospital and I just saw the doc yesterday saying my anxiety is really high. They wouldn't help with that.

So I don't know what I'm going to do. I will never try that again and I just want this delusional residue to go away. Please can someone help me?
It just takes time. what was your meth induced psychosis like and how did that come about? During a high or withdrawal? what happened?

Upvote 0