• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dusting off (Possibly triggering)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazeyWinde

Blue Girl in a Spacey Haze
Nov 17, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟16,127.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Most of you know I'd gone 6 weeks without self harming, I got the urge more than once and struggled with it but managed to resist... up till last Friday. I aint gonna go into what had triggered me here... obviously self harming didn't solve anything and what was bothering me got better the following day by itself. And I guess I was lucky (Or God had other ideas about what I should be doing to myself that day)... I wanted to do it bad and really tried to... but nothing seemed to 'work', yesterday the mark was pale and today there's no mark left at all. It's kinda strange, but good. I might've gotten frustrated about it Friday but then I got talking to a friend and calmed down.

Why'd I (try to) do it? Besides the trigger... I'd tossed all my coping techniques out the window and decided to dwell on what was bothering me and take it out on myself instead. I knew better but being human I was stupid instead.
I read somewhere that relapses aren't really bad things... if you deal with them the right way (ie LEARN from them) they're really just detours so may as well enjoy the scenery as I get back on track.

So...
Note to self: Learned something... don't be stupid dwelling on stuff... get list of coping skills and USE it.

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Wow...thanks for posting this Lacey :hug:. Falling isn't failing - it just means you need to get back up and, as your title says, dust yourself off.

Fantastic post Hun. Keep going - you can do it!
yaaai.gif

Reactions: LazeyWinde
Upvote 0

berry2000

May 21, 2006
California
✟16,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great job! I've had similar episodes lately. Like you said relapses aren't always bad things. I've had a couple of relapses but have been able to continue in my recovery. I think it is normal especially if you learn from it and keep moving forward.

Upvote 0

ChristInAction

Beloved Child
May 14, 2006
Melbourne
Visit site
✟8,880.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
aw, *hugs* I know how stupid you can feel after but you have to stay stronge. This time try for a week longer! Thats what I use to do, I ended up making 5 months like that.
We're humen, we fall. thats really all that it is, we give into temptation. Try to stop dwelling on it.
I said it before pick youself up & dust yourself off.
Praying for you.
PM me if you need to talk or vent.

Reactions: tapero
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.