Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We had a mama cat once; named Mollie; who had a new batch of kittens in our wood shed. One day when they were a week or so old; she came to me in the kitchen; where we were all setting around; and put here paw on me (probable because I was the leader of the human clan:)) and cried a meow; so plaintively; it was easy to see she was asking for help.

So I said; "Mollie what's wrong"?; and she lead us to one of her trapped kittens; under a pile of firewood that had fallen on it when they were playing on the pile.

This has happened to other people with animals:

Dolphin Asks Diver For Help |

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
We had a mama cat once; named Mollie; who had a new batch of kittens in our wood shed. One day when they were a week or so old; she came to me in the kitchen; where we were all setting around; and put here paw on me (probable because I was the leader of the human clan:)) and cried a meow; so plaintively; it was easy to see she was asking for help.

So I said; "Mollie what's wrong"?; and she lead us to one of her trapped kittens; under a pile of firewood that had fallen on it when they were playing on the pile.

This has happened to other people with animals:

Dolphin Asks Diver For Help |

Romans 8:19-22
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Animals know instinctively that we are the image of their creator, and that our designed purpose is to have dominion over them and to care for them, but we have fallen, so they know we CAN help them and care for them, but instinctively they fear us because of our fallen state.
In the new earth we will be renewed to our original purpose, which is yes, the worship of God, but part of that worship is to do the job originally tasked to Adam and Eve, to have dominion of the earth, to tend to the earth as God's garden, and care for all of His creations. They will no longer fear us but they will seek us for their care as we seek God for our care.

Upvote 0

J_B_

I have answers to questions no one ever asks.
May 15, 2020
Midwest
✟109,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's hard to know for sure, but it seems like my dogs watch out for each other. I've had one of our dogs come pester me in my study, only to realize I hadn't noticed it's snowing and another one of my dogs is outside wanting in - stuff like that.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's hard to know for sure, but it seems like my dogs watch out for each other. I've had one of our dogs come pester me in my study, only to realize I hadn't noticed it's snowing and another one of my dogs is outside wanting in - stuff like that.
I just saw something online about a sighted dog who is the seeing eye companion for a blind doggie friend. Likewise I know a couple who have a pair of cats, one of whom is deaf. The other cat helps his hearing-impaired friend.

Upvote 0