DuckTales Remastered

Aug 13, 2008
✟9,950.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It looks interesting. Do you think it would appeal to someone who never played the original and therefore has no nostalgic connection to it?
For me I remember playing this on the original Nes,

I think If you are nostalgic To the old Cartoon it might Help appeal to you more if your not nostalgic to the original Nes version,

the remastered has voice acting from the Tv show,
the gameplay is fun and challenging,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its one of those games that always stuck in my heads. It was by all definition perfect really. Just as games like Super Metroid or Mario 64 were. I'd replay it but I feel at this point I'd probably find it to aimed towards children. For whatever reason as a I have aged I can't seem to play those types of games. I prefer more mature ones. Sounds stupid I know.

Upvote 0

Saleena

A whole new rage.
Aug 12, 2013
✟6,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think you mean "G-rated". That's good, it means it's acceptable for Christians to watch. I wonder if the "G" in G-rated means "God-rated"? :D

Nah pg, clearly huey duey and louie were demons with their book of spells that let them do anything. Ducktales is the devil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobby64

Jun 23, 2012
Somewhere
✟16,666.00
Country
Gambia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm assuming it has no violence or sexuality or naughty language or anything that promotes science or anti-Christianity

What's wrong with science? :confused: Many famous believers, such as Sir Isaac Newton, have been scientists.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I refuse to spend that kind of money on a remake of an old game that you can beat in 4 hours. $15-20 is too much for a download and even if there's an online component, it'll be like all the other downloads games where in a few months, nobody will play it. I'll wait until it goes on sale.

I'm assuming it has no violence or sexuality or naughty language or anything that promotes science or anti-Christianity, so it's probably an amazing game. After all, that is what we look for when we play games - G rated content = instant 10/10. Bam.

Promotes science? Really?

Are you familiar with DuckTales at all? It's completely non-offensive content, nothing to question one's faith over, but you fight people, there's magic in it, I think they time travel or at least travel the world and run into ghosts and mummies on the show...

Upvote 0

Saleena

A whole new rage.
Aug 12, 2013
✟6,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I beat Dust an Elysian tail in like a day of not serious gaming :p It was still a G-tier game :3 But I see what you are saying and actually agree with you, it's like ff7 being recently released on steam. There are no changes what so ever, why would I pay 15 bucks for the same price I bought it 13 years ago? Maybe if it goes on a super sale I don't know.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I beat Dust an Elysian tail in like a day of not serious gaming :p It was still a G-tier game :3 But I see what you are saying and actually agree with you, it's like ff7 being recently released on steam. There are no changes what so ever, why would I pay 15 bucks for the same price I bought it 13 years ago? Maybe if it goes on a super sale I don't know.

I liked "Dust" actually, but I didn't pay full price for that one either. I just think the world of downloads were better when games were $5-10 for an afternoon of fun as opposed to $20 regardless of length.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums