Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Duck Dynasty is "hollywood chri$tianity". Anyone who actually read the bible and study it should never believe in a garbage tv show like that.

Here is a qualified pastor that actually read the bible cover to cover more than 30 times:

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Duck Dynasty is "hollywood chri$tianity". Anyone who actually read the bible and study it should never believe in a garbage tv show like that.

Here is a qualified pastor that actually read the bible cover to cover more than 30 times:
Do you believe everything Anderson says?

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe everything Anderson says?

No, I believe everything the word of God says. Pastor Anderson just happens to preach the bible without compromising. There are hundreds of other bible believing pastors I listen to....all that do no compromise or water down the word of God.

Duck Dynasty is hollywood garbage.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, I believe everything the word of God says. Pastor Anderson just happens to preach the bible without compromising. There are hundreds of other bible believing pastors I listen to....all that do no compromise or water down the word of God.

Duck Dynasty is hollywood garbage.
Lovely sentiments, I suppose. But Anderson has made some rather controversial claims (eg, stuff that has nothing to do with Sacred Scripture) and I was curious if you believe that stuff too.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Clear cut scripture is not up for interpretation. Just like 1 + 1 = 2 is not up for interpretation. Those long haired hippie bozos in duck dynasty believe in a different Jesus...an antichrist. Have you not read it is a shame for a man to have long hair?

1 Corinthains 11:14:
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess my view is that I'm surprised that this is still a matter of concern for anybody over five years later.

Maybe the OP didn't read the article itself or notice the actual date of the article.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Clear cut scripture is not up for interpretation.
If that's so, why do Christians disagree with each other so much over how to interpret Sacred Scripture?

Bear in mind, I don't care one bit about Duck Dynasty. I've never watched the show and at this point I doubt that I ever will. But your comments intrigue me.

Just like 1 + 1 = 2 is not up for interpretation. Those long haired hippie bozos in duck dynasty believe in a different Jesus...an antichrist. Have you not read it is a shame for a man to have long hair?
I frequently have a #2 (or sometimes even a #1) buzz cut. So I hope I'm safe.

Reactions: TuxAme
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lovely sentiments, I suppose. But Anderson has made some rather controversial claims (eg, stuff that has nothing to do with Sacred Scripture) and I was curious if you believe that stuff too.

I've never heard of Anderson nor do I care about his personal opinion about Duck Dynasty.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If that's so, why do Christians disagree with each other so much over how to interpret Sacred Scripture?

Christians can't agree on whether salvation is conditional or not or about what it takes to be baptized (immersed in water or sprinkled with water) or on other doctrinal beliefs or scriptural interpretation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Clear cut scripture is not up for interpretation. Just like 1 + 1 = 2 is not up for interpretation. Those long haired hippie bozos in duck dynasty believe in a different Jesus...an antichrist. Have you not read it is a shame for a man to have long hair?
To you take the Bible literal

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

Does he believe in the Real Presence? Does he believe in a ministerial priesthood? Does he believe in Scripture, Tradition and Magisterium? If not, I'd find it hard to refer to him as a qualified pastor. Not that I care at all what the guys of Duck Dynasty are up to...

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I sure hope that those men who made vows to God didn't let their hair grow too long (Numbers 6:1-21).

So how many of those hollywood long haired hippies have taken a vow of a nazarite?!?!? Way to take verses out of context.

Also, regarding your previous post above current post, no where in the textus receptus is the worship of mary. Mary needed a Saviour just like the rest of us. I'll end it at that.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anderson could do a lot of good, but as it is, I'm afraid he very much tends to discredit himself.

Take that video for instance "Get a haircut and then we'll talk"? what? Then, something to the affect of "They believe we have to be baptized to be saved so they aren't Christians." How does a genuine misunderstanding of scripture send someone to hell?

We have to become a baptists to even talk to, or be taken serious by Pasture Anderson? Seriously,
morse86 are you listing to that stuff? I hope you're not so caught up in him you can't see the signs.

Then there are his views on Homosexuals, and even though I might feel close to how he does he goes way over the line/out of control with his teaching in that area...even worse than myself, and I often stand on the line.

He teaches the false doctrine of OSAS. I've herd him say many who profess to be Christians aren't saved because they still do what they should not be doing, but if he teaches OSAS, he should know they can do what they like and remain saved. I'm far from an OSAS'r but still it's washy washy teaching and just doesn't fit together.

I saw him make fun of a mans bun once lol, just like some preteen child. That's fine if he doesn't care for long hair on a man, but probably best stick with what's really important, and not call people childish names while witnessing or debating.

From what I'm seeing, he's arrogant, and in his mind he see's himself as God's own special outspoken child that can do no wrong, and that can be very problematic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0