Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
With an increasing number of churches having services on both Saturday and Sunday it is now possible for Christians to attend two services each weekend. I know one person who does this. She is a Methodist, but also loves a "Jewish" church that emphasizes the Old Testament. Have any of you heard of this or tried it? Would you want to?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With an increasing number of churches having services on both Saturday and Sunday it is now possible for Christians to attend two services each weekend. I know one person who does this. She is a Methodist, but also loves a "Jewish" church that emphasizes the Old Testament. Have any of you heard of this or tried it? Would you want to?
As someone who has been in a Messianic congregation fo over 20 years, I have known several people who have done that.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Romans 12:2…be transformed…
Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,264,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There are a some traditions that would allow visiting other parishes within their tradition but would frown against participating in others outside of theirs like Catholic, Orthodox, confessional Lutheranism and a few others.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
From the SoP
This is not a place for debate, teaching, or proselytizing. Posts and threads of this type will be considered off-topic and may be closed or removed.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟536,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I have a member who attends two services each Sunday. She goes to an early RC Mass with her husband and then they come to my service, where she will receive communion but he does not. He's a great guy and helps out in the kitchen and what not but he will not receive our communion. And that's fine, that's the discipline of the RC church.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't have the social or emotional energy to attend two different churches in one week. If I didn't work in a large office with a lot of people and have to talk with consumers over the phone on a daily basis, then I might be able to. I'm just too peopled-out to be able to deal with more than one service and more than one church group in a week.

That being said, the older I get, then less I believe in "church membership" or belonging to a particular denomination. I could easily float in and out of different churches and not feel that I "left" one or "joined" another. We are all part of the same family, all part of the bride of Christ. I don't think God intended it to be so segregated and institutional.

Upvote 0