Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've read that psilocybin can sometimes "reset" a person's brain and give them a renewed since of purpose.

When I was younger I experimented with other psychedelic drugs, but I seemed to be immune to some of them and others only made me feel more depressed. It could be that my neurotransmitters are different from most people.

Anybody had any luck with this strategy?

EDIT: Again if this topic is against the rules, just delete it. I'm sorry, and I don't mean to break the rules.

Limited use may help (a few?)

Although it seems to cause in the long run harm for many?

Opening doors that probably should stay shut?

I believe that there is a God and a devil.

These would probably be tools of the evil one?

M-Bob

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I have issues with depression and religious faith has had a serious effect. I'm still a neurotic mess, but much less so than before. It's definitely a causal relationship, though the exact nature of it probably varies from person to person.

Monks used to describe akedia. It literally means lethargy, but in the Christian context its about a lack of appropriate zeal for spiritual things. It results in listlessness and boredom.

The ascetical dimensions of mental health have been mostly denied in our society in favor of pharmacology or self-indulgence but there is sometimes no substitute for self examination and repentance.

Upvote 0