• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dropping Sexuality Labels..

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This is what has been instrumental (and crucial) in my healing. When God asked me to drop everything and follow Him (Matthew 16:24), I dropped the burden that sexual identity entails in terms of people obligations to prove it and to live by it, and now I am learning not what it means to be straight or gay, but what it means to be a woman in God and the responsibilities and blessings that come with it.

What I've found is that it silenced all the voice and suggestions of this world about how to go about how I should see myself, and made me better in tune and in peace with who I am as a woman. It gave me the space to align my thoughts with God's thoughts, to discern which was good and bad, to understand myself better and the opportunities to grow in Christ (and I have found loads now, no more dead ends). In short, it freed me.

Hope this video is a blessing to those struggling, and serve as a helpful mentality in your time of healing.

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
This is what has been instrumental (and crucial) in my healing. When God asked me to drop everything and follow Him (Matthew 16:24), I dropped the burden that sexual identity entails in terms of people obligations to prove it and to live by it, and now I am learning not what it means to be straight or gay, but what it means to be a woman in God and the responsibilities and blessings that come with it.

What I've found is that it silenced all the voice and suggestions of this world about how to go about how I should see myself, and made me better in tune and in peace with who I am as a woman. It gave me the space to align my thoughts with God's thoughts, to discern which was good and bad, to understand myself better and the opportunities to grow in Christ (and I have found loads now, no more dead ends). In short, it freed me.

Hope this video is a blessing to those struggling, and serve as a helpful mentality in your time of healing.

wow - this is an awesomely simple and profound truth

thank you for posting

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
wow - this is an awesomely simple and profound truth

thank you for posting

God bless you, and the beauty of this journey is that it's applies to every sinful thing I've identified and tied myself with. It was like a " wow, if this helps me with this struggle, what other struggles can I bring to the alter, let me bring up my pride, let me bring up my inappropriate contentography problem, my anxiety, ooo maybe my speech...". It's like a domino effect of habitual sin after habitual sin that I've dismissed just being tackled. It has helped me holistically and transformed my thinking and way of living.

A little teary eye even saying that haha! But its exciting!

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,223,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Simple and yet very profound. All of us have some kind of brokenness in our lives. He hit the nail right on the head. He need to give it over to God and not identify ourselves with labels.

• Agree
Reactions: salt-n-light
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
God bless you, and the beauty of this journey is that it's applies to every sinful thing I've identified and tied myself with. It was like a " wow, if this helps me with this struggle, what other struggles can I bring to the alter, let me bring up my pride, let me bring up my inappropriate contentography problem, my anxiety, ooo maybe my speech...". It's like a domino effect of habitual sin after habitual sin that I've dismissed just being tackled. It has helped me holistically and transformed my thinking and way of living.

A little teary eye even saying that haha! But its exciting!
amen - that is what i was thinking too - this simple yet profound truth can be applied to so many situations

i like how he said he didn't buy into labels at all - he didn't fight it and he didn't embrace it - he just focused on thinking about something God did say

that makes a lot of sense - focus on what God did say and drop all the other stuff that God didn't talk about

wow - this is a real blessing

God bless you

Upvote 0