Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My one request - let’s not lose our presence here or stop posting. I found Orthodoxy here because it was on CF...it is a very important ministry.

(That said...I was playing around with adding a forum to my Lenten Season website last night as well because of this situation :) so I have an empty forum I just created a few hours before you posted this lol. Looks like it was unneeded!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My one request - let’s not lose our presence here or stop posting. I found Orthodoxy here because it was on CF...it is a very important ministry.

(That said...I was playing around with adding a forum to my Lenten Season website last night as well because of this situation :) so I have an empty forum I just created a few hours before you posted this lol. Looks like it was unneeded!)

totally agree here 100%. and while I found Orthodoxy before coming on here, this forum had been a blessing despite some of the crosses that come with it

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rus,

I hate to see you leave, but I can understand why. I've considered leaving the forum for some time myself. Sadly, I think the only thing keeping me hear is that one inquirer waiting to ask a question needing an answer. The fellowship this site had back when I first joined is going away no matter how much I tried to keep it going. The rules are becoming more and more PC - though I like the comparison of St Nicholas "flaming" Arius ;)

yep, this is the main reason I stick around

@rusmeister @E.C. @ArmyMatt @gzt and anyone else I may have missed.

As an inquirer, though a very quiet one, I appreciate you all sticking around or having been around. If not for this forum who knows what I would or wouldn't have learned, or if I even would've been as interested in Orthodoxy.

I've learned a lot here, and I feel quite blessed for having come across this forum and you folks.

So, thank you all. You're all in my prayers.
As another inquirer, with many, many questions, I greatly appreciate the helpfulness, kindness and patience of those here in TAW. Thank you.

(@rusmeister, I will be sad to see you go.)

Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

totally agree here 100%. and while I found Orthodoxy before coming on here, this forum had been a blessing despite some of the crosses that come with it
I completely agree too.

Essentially what we would have would be a TAW without visitors (which could be nice in some ways to have as a tenporary retreat).

But I never would have found Orthodoxy without CF. And while I certainly can't be any use on my own, I think it's vitally important to keep this presence here.

I'll say it again - I think TAW is the ONLY place online where people can bump up against and encounter the true ethos of Orthodoxy. And pretty much the only interactive place they can find that by intentional searching as well. I wish we weren't so exclusive, but since we seem to be ... we can't shut the doors. We absolutely must not.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’ve started a forum for Orthodox conservative gun-loving Star Trek and Dune fans who like to listen to Yes, The Police, Steely Dan, Toto, Rush, and Alan Parsons Project and who have traveled to Greece and own shih-tzus. At this point membership is waning. ^_^:sorry:^_^

How did we go from having a closed, invitation only, FB group for forum regulars to setting up an alternate public forum?

Upvote 0

graphite412

Eastern Orthodox Neophyte
Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
✟30,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've kicked the idea around for a while...

I was thinking that there could be a lot better layout for the forum, I'm going to try to make introductional information easy to access, and hopefully work with trying to get a better multimedia section. A lot of stuff gets lost in the pages...

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,092.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I’ve started a forum for Orthodox conservative gun-loving Star Trek and Dune fans who like to listen to Yes, The Police, Steely Dan, Toto, Rush, and Alan Parsons Project and who have traveled to Greece and own shih-tzus. At this point membership is waning. ^_^:sorry:^_^
I don't own a shih-tzu, otherwise I would have been totally in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,092.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We do offer shih-Tzu waivers; it’s a bit of paperwork though....but we’ll worth it
I'm also not really a gun lover. I have shot at the occasional rabbit while staying on a farm, but have never really been inclined to start a collection. My younger daughter is possibly going to start a career in the police force, so she might get a couple. Does that count?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s not for everybody. I’m fine with that actually. I just get sick of liberals brainwashing everyone to think gun enthusiasts are ignorant red necks at best and unstable lunatic killers at worst. I do have quite the collection! ^_^:sorry:

I'm also not really a gun lover. I have shot at the occasional rabbit while staying on a farm, but have never really been inclined to start a collection. My younger daughter is possibly going to start a career in the police force, so she might get a couple. Does that count?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus4Madrid

Orthodox Christian
Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It’s not for everybody. I’m fine with that actually. I just get dxck of liberals brainwashing everyone to think gun enthusiasts are ignorant red necks at best and unstable lunatic killers at worst. I do have quite the collection! ^_^:sorry:
This post had a sort of unfortunate malapropism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How did we go from having a closed, invitation only, FB group for forum regulars to setting up an alternate public forum?
It's been done before.

When the site tried to wiki-ize and secularize everything back in 2007 some people set up a private Facebook group (hence the "one true old posters" line in my signature). Around the same time though there was a catechumen who set up another forum specifically for Orthodox called "Desert Calling", but he ran into financial problems, left the Church and the site went the way of the dodo.

Upvote 0

graphite412

Eastern Orthodox Neophyte
Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
✟30,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The site it basically complete as of now but lacks people. I have a live, phpbb embedded chat that shows up on login once an account is created. Perhaps I could open it to guests but that might not be the best idea because of spam
Eastern Orthodox Forum - Index page

before I started using Brave browser, which has a built in ad blocker, I was also really turned off by the advertisements on this site. Some of them were way off color for a Christian site.

Reactions: gzt
Upvote 0