• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Drinking, depression and BPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello.

Has anyone on here had trouble with substance abuse or more importantly, alcohol? I'm on medications which are never supposed to be combined with alcohol and yet I find myself downing at least 4 shots of everclear every night. I rarely sleep more than 3-5 hours and am constantly exhausted. I cannot focus and I am in college taking 18 credits. I feel completely lost.

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello. Thank you HVNbound and goldenviolet for your kindness and prayers.
I have no medical insurance. Everytime I see my campus psychiatrist he suggests I go back to my old counselor, though I cannot afford to.
I took your advice, GV, and scheduled an appt at my clinic that I do go to when I need it. I intend to try and see about some options.

As for now though, life is extremely hectic and the only thing which had been guiding me, unfortunently was not my faith, it was alcohol.
I am trying very hard now, in faith, to stop and it is very hard. I am falling behind in classes and cannot afford to do this. (Note, I am in college...)

I just am at a loss of where to go...

Upvote 0

HVNbound

Feb 22, 2006
NV
✟7,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
OddBeani said:
Hello. Thank you HVNbound and goldenviolet for your kindness and prayers.
I have no medical insurance. Everytime I see my campus psychiatrist he suggests I go back to my old counselor, though I cannot afford to.
I took your advice, GV, and scheduled an appt at my clinic that I do go to when I need it. I intend to try and see about some options.

As for now though, life is extremely hectic and the only thing which had been guiding me, unfortunently was not my faith, it was alcohol.
I am trying very hard now, in faith, to stop and it is very hard. I am falling behind in classes and cannot afford to do this. (Note, I am in college...)

I just am at a loss of where to go...
Try County/local Mental Health, they will go by a slidding scale, and if you can't pay there's no charge, they can also give you meds through the MH office if you can't afford them!

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am a recovered BPD and recovering alcoholic. I could not get my life together till I put down the drink. I had to go to Alcoholics Anonymous to get sober. I strongly urge you to do the same. You don't stand a chance of recovering from the BPD till you stop drinking and start learning to deal with the emotions in a healthy, responsible way.

Hugs,
Trish

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.