Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
upload_2017-4-29_17-40-6.jpeg

tulc(will drink to that) :)

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There have been recent studies that would indicate there are a few benefits to drinking coffee...however, the statement that it's "keeping you alive" isn't accurate.

If you already engage in other high risk things (bad diet, smoking, heavy alcohol consumption, etc...) drinking 3 cups a day isn't going to save you from your vices.
Bummer.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Three strong cups of coffee a day slashes the risk of prostate cancer by half, a study revealed this week.

I like coffee but it makes my GERD much worse if I drink more then one cup a day.

So then, a choice of p.c., or g*rd ...... ?

Had to look it up , cause I have never had problem with coffee:
"Nov 14, 2012 - The high acid content in coffee, along with the caffeine, will cause the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) muscles to relax allowing stomach acid to enter the esophagus, which is what causes reflux."

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Three strong cups of coffee a day slashes the risk of prostate cancer by half, a study revealed this week. And that’s only one of its benefits. Prevents high cholesterol Coffee helps prevent clogging of the arteries, according to a study in the British Medical Journal. And a US team found women drinking a cup a day can slash the risk of stroke by up to 25 percent. Reduces risk of heart disease.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/28/drinking-coffee-basically-keeps-you-alive/
cool. I drink lots of coffee. :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Have you found a way to get it to mix with the food instead of 'floating' up on top of the food or stomach contents (instead of floating/rising up to where it hurts) , and so it digests the food instead of leaving it undigested ? There are several ways used over the last 100 years, many very simple....

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like coffee but it makes my GERD much worse if I drink more then one cup a day.
I used to have a similar issue...but I actually found a few stores that sell a brand of coffee (they make it for the Keurig k-cup brewers) that's a "low-acid" blend.

The brand is "Puroast".

70% lower acidity than standard coffee. ...and from what I can tell, tastes the same as other medium roast coffees. Granted, you can't get all the fancy flavors that you can with other brands, but I was never really into those anyway so it wasn't much of a deal-breaker. At the store where I get it, it's only a buck or two more than if you were to get the other brands...but I would suspect there's some online retailers where you could snag it pretty cheap.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0