Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Three strong cups of coffee a day slashes the risk of prostate cancer by half, a study revealed this week. And that’s only one of its benefits. Prevents high cholesterol Coffee helps prevent clogging of the arteries, according to a study in the British Medical Journal. And a US team found women drinking a cup a day can slash the risk of stroke by up to 25 percent. Reduces risk of heart disease.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/28/drinking-coffee-basically-keeps-you-alive/

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I smiled when I read the thread title, because as a college student, coffee has felt like a life necessity. I'm drinking it right now, actually. :)

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Three strong cups of coffee a day slashes the risk of prostate cancer by half, a study revealed this week. And that’s only one of its benefits. Prevents high cholesterol Coffee helps prevent clogging of the arteries, according to a study in the British Medical Journal. And a US team found women drinking a cup a day can slash the risk of stroke by up to 25 percent. Reduces risk of heart disease.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/28/drinking-coffee-basically-keeps-you-alive/

In moderation, some studies have shown some benefits to coffee. To say coffee keeps you alive, may be stretching it a bit. There are also studies that show, moderate alcohol consumption (especially red wine) also reduces risk of heart disease, which is the number one killer in the US.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My doctor told me to drink all the coffee I want to, so I usually end up drinking 5 to 6 cups a day. I'm sure glad that it's good for you because I like it.

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My doctor told me to drink all the coffee I want to, so I usually end up drinking 5 to 6 cups a day. I'm sure glad that it's good for you because I like it.

If you can handle that, without negative consequences, go for it. How much coffee each person can handle though, is unique to each person.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Coffee is actually bad for you. I mean most people know its consider addictive. If you go without some, many have withdrawal symptoms that can be pretty bad. Coffee is also considered bad because it disrupts natural sleeping patterns and can cause people anxiety. It can up your risk of a heart attack. Pregnant women should avoid it.

To be fair though everything we eat/drink in life has pros and cons. So the real answer to "Is coffee good for you?" is in to drink it in moderation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'll drink to that! :D:coffee:
7197733-264371428_2-s4-v1.png

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,196,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There have been recent studies that would indicate there are a few benefits to drinking coffee...however, the statement that it's "keeping you alive" isn't accurate.

If you already engage in other high risk things (bad diet, smoking, heavy alcohol consumption, etc...) drinking 3 cups a day isn't going to save you from your vices.

Upvote 0